PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Wikipedia...Great source of Info for the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I was just messing around on Wikipedia,If you do a search for the Patriots,They give alot of great info.Including a VERY updated Roster.Jabar Gaffney is already on it.Just a heads up.I know sometimes in our free time we are constantly searching for cool things to learn about.:cool:

Wikipedia is the greatest thing EVER

Wikipedia is a great source of info for just about everything you can think of, but yeah, the Patriots are well represented on the site.

Patriots4Ever said:
I was just messing around on Wikipedia,If you do a search for the Patriots,They give alot of great info.Including a VERY updated Roster.Jabar Gaffney is already on it.Just a heads up.I know sometimes in our free time we are constantly searching for cool things to learn about.:cool:

Actually, Jabar Gaffney was added October 9--the day he was signed.

To give you an idea of the quality of the Pats article relative to other sports teams: notice the small bronze star in the upper right corner. That indicates a "featured article," one of the best articles available on Wikipedia. Until very recently, the Patriots were the only American professional team, in any sport, to have a featured article. :rocker: (Da Bears just joined the club.)

There's plenty of room, though, to improve other articles (e.g., the player articles). . . . :)

Last edited:
I am more and more often going to wikipedia to look up general stuff, rather than Googling and having to wade through irrelevant links. You do need to read it critically, especially on controversial topics, since anyone at all can update it. But that's what leads to frequent and rapid updates. Last Sunday when I heard about the earthquake in Hawaii, I looked up earthquakes on wipikedia to get an idea of its magnitude compared to past quakes. I was quite surprised to find that only a few hours after the event the Hawaii quake had already been added to the wikipedia article.

alamo said:
I am more and more often going to wikipedia to look up general stuff, rather than Googling and having to wade through irrelevant links. You do need to read it critically, especially on controversial topics, since anyone at all can update it. But that's what leads to frequent and rapid updates. Last Sunday when I heard about the earthquake in Hawaii, I looked up earthquakes on wipikedia to get an idea of its magnitude compared to past quakes. I was quite surprised to find that only a few hours after the event the Hawaii quake had already been added to the wikipedia article.

Current events are very quickly updated on there. It's really pretty astounding.

Patriots4Ever said:

The rosters are so updated because I frequently update them. ;)

That's the beauty of Wikipedia.

Last edited:
pats1 said:

That's the beauty of Wikipedia.

You badass!

Brownfan80 said:
You badass!

Although I don't understand the obsesssion with "they had Jabar Gaffney on there THE DAY he was signed."

Well, welcome to the 21st century. To not have that would be lagging behind the rest of online media.

But the second news broke from Lidle, at least 100 people edited the page. Check the log. Within 2 minutes of the news, the page was already fully updated to include his death.

In fact, I believe I was the first to report of Kirby Puckett's stroke this year. Obviously that story didn't have a happy ending, though.

alamo said:

I use Wikipedia just as much as Google nowadays too.

On a related note, I was the one who added PatsFans.com to the external links part of the New England Patriots entry. :cool:

pats1 said:

That makes two of us, then. :)

[FWIW, I'm also keeping the stats for Maroney and Gostkowski updated, too. . . .]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back