PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why do I suck at putting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-ShirtDynasty said:
We could change that... :p;):singing:

There is no ploitics on the golf coarse. Just like there shouldn't be shouldn't be politics on the football forum.

The original title of the thread was "why do I suck?' But then I felt I needed to be more specific.

Bill's Girl said:
Bingo.......We got Bingo............We win AGAIN!!! :D

What do you mean bug???? We're dealing with an entire fricken COLONY!

BG, have you ever checked your hair for spiders? Perhaps one of those eighth-grade boys you seem obsessed with can help.

PATSNUTme said:
Tune,

1. There is nothing wrong with my balls.

2. Thanks to FBN this could be one of the valuable threads on this forum in a long time.

3. You might need surgery to pull that bug out of your ass. Check it out.

4. Do you want me to post a bad photo?

Now I may reward everyone by posting some golf/football related eye candy later. Or, do you have a problem with that?

1. Acknowledging one's denial is an important early step to recovery.

2. FBN deserves a nose tweak for encouraging your nonsense outside the General Talk forum.

3. It escaped on its own long ago and is hiding in your girlfriend's (BG's) hair.

4. You posted a pic of yourself giving the middle finger once already, as I recall.

What is golf/football related eye candy? I suppose as long as it has SOMETHING to do with football and is not another silly OT thread calling attention to yourself, it should be fine.

Last edited:
scout said:
FBN, your a golfer, good lesson!
I might add, make sure your lining up your putt with your dominant eye. I remember hearing an old time golfer when I was a kid, he said, grip the putter (in terms of strength) like you were holding your tool. It must have left an impression on me as I've never forgotten.

Absolutely...hold your putter at arms length and look at it with either eye. The eye that sees 1 putter in it's true location respective to the chest is the dominant eye and the one to use. Also, when reading greens from off the green...sometimes a break seen with both eyes and is no break at all when looking at it with 1 eye. or as i used to say, all putts cannot possibly all break to the right all the time (opposite is true of course).

Toto Concentwation Gwasshoppew.

Last edited by a moderator:
For power, dont aim for the hole, aim before, it, this way, if the putt is off, your follow up shot is a lot easier.

Works really well on long putts. This trick does not require technique, putt like you always putt, but aim before the hole.

Hey, did you misspell "posting" with "putting"?

F.B.N. said:
Absolutely...hold your putter at arms length and look at it with either eye. The eye that sees 1 putter in it's true location respective to the chest is the dominant eye and the one to use. Also, when reading greens from off the green...sometimes a break seen with both eyes and is no break at all when looking at it with 1 eye. or as i used to say, all putts cannot possibly all break to the right all the time (opposite is true of course).

Your "tip" made perfectly logical sense. That is why I hadn't thought about it.

As I was reading what you said, it became very clear to me that I was positioning myself wrong.

I'll go to the practice green this weekend and try it out but I'm sure that it is part of the problem.

I started playing late in life- late thirties. Never took a lesson, but I do enjoy the game. I don't consider it to be a sport, more of a recreational activity.

And for those who have dissed on me, I may not post the promised football/golf related eye candy, unless I see a better attitude.

But I might.

Tunescribe said:
1. Acknowledging one's denial is an important early step to recovery.

2. FBN deserves a nose tweak for encouraging your nonsense outside the General Talk forum.

3. It escaped on its own long ago and is hiding in your girlfriend's (BG's) hair.

4. You posted a pic of yourself giving the middle finger once already, as I recall.

What is golf/football related eye candy? I suppose as long as it has SOMETHING to do with football and is not another silly OT thread calling attention to yourself, it should be fine.

I thought that you were my girlfriend.

I guess it's over between us now.

PATSNUTme said:

Dude, hate to break it to you but it never started. You'd better hope BG doesn't read that, or else you've got some splainin' to do.

PATSNUTme said:

HAHAHA!! :rolleyes:

as promised

020001045804.jpg

Here is the 8th ranked golfer on the LPGA, Natalie Gublis. She is really good, golfer that is.

She dated Big Ben (football related) but I think his rating was higher in the SB than it was with her.

PatsNut, I live in SW Florida and play golf 3 times a week on average and shoot consistently in the mid 70's to low 80's and I am a very good putter. I have no idea how to help anyone with their game and my swing and fidgety manner make Dana Quigley look like a textbook example of fundamentals. The only thing I tell people on putting is never see a ball go into a the hole, only HEAR it fall in. I've never seen a ball go in. I usually ask if it was center left or right side in from buddies........ Patriots Rule! :rocker: :rocker:

Patsnut....I used to totally s-iz-uck at golf....Big Berthas,every latest "wonderputter" to come on the market...then, a sudden flash of inspiration imporved my scores exponentially....a subbed a baseball bat for the driver and a hockey stick for a putter....my drives became majestic 400 yard rainbows and I just feel more at home with a hockey stick than that little tiny face edge of a putter...now if only I could find a replacement for my irons, I might break the mystical 120 barrier

Joker said:
Patsnut....I used to totally s-iz-uck at golf....Big Berthas,every latest "wonderputter" to come on the market...then, a sudden flash of inspiration imporved my scores exponentially....a subbed a baseball bat for the driver and a hockey stick for a putter....my drives became majestic 400 yard rainbows and I just feel more at home with a hockey stick than that little tiny face edge of a putter...now if only I could find a replacement for my irons, I might break the mystical 120 barrier

Glad to hear that Happy Gilmore.

How did the rematch with Bob Baker work out this time?:rocker:

I won't lie to you, Nut...

I BEAT HIM,BABY! YEAH! WHO'S THE MAN NOW,HUH? WHO?:woohoo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye