PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why Carroll will never coach in the pros again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete has the perfect job for Him. He's Californian and He is treated like royalty in L.A.I simply don't see Him leaving for some time.

From the article linked to by the O.P.:

Carroll said the decision to wear home jerseys is not meant as a sign of disrespect to UCLA, adding that he discussed restoring the tradition with former UCLA coach Karl Dorrell and with current coach Rick Neuheisel.

So, he's talked it over with the head coach of the other team and has decided to tell the ridiculously intrusive NCAA to take a flying leap.

My respect for Carroll just grew.

Last edited:
From the article linked to by the O.P.:

So, he's talked it over with the head coach of the other team and has decided to tell the ridiculously intrusive NCAA to take a flying leap.

My respect for Carroll just grew.

How is that intrusive?

You can't have two teams out there in home jerseys. I hate when I see that in high school ball, but if you start allowing college teams to wear all darks, it's going to cause mayhem.

Good for Carroll. I know we sucked while he was here, but I am glad he's doing well at USC. And it's jerseys for God's sake. Get over it, NCAA.

And I have to agree...why would he want to coach in the NFL again? He's tried it at the pro level (Pats) and the semi-pro level (Jets) and it wasn't for him. Keep the USC dynasty going, Pete!

Last edited:
How is that intrusive?

You can't have two teams out there in home jerseys. I hate when I see that in high school ball, but if you start allowing college teams to wear all darks, it's going to cause mayhem.

The NCAA, in general, is ridiculously intrusive. As for the uniforms, as long as both teams are fine with USC using the red jerseys, the NCAA should take a hike.

How is that intrusive?

Really? Mayhem? Really?

It's a typically pedantic NCAA rule, and given that UCLA is on board with it and the NCAA is going to make a decision today, my guess is now that the 800-lb. gorilla that is USC is throwing its weight around, the NCAA will acquiesce and allow them to wear home darks.

to be honest, I don't know why any successful college coach would want to coach in the NFL........there are very few for whom it was worth their while

My main beef is that Carroll would intentionally put his team at a competitive disadvantage (yes, I know how good USC is) just to wear red uniforms. Good lord -is it worth it?

Good for Carroll. I know we sucked while he was here, but I am glad he's doing well at USC. And it's jerseys for God's sake. Get over it, NCAA.

And I have to agree...why would he want to coach in the NFL again? He's tried it at the pro level (Pats) and the semi-pro level (Jets) and it wasn't for him. Keep the USC dynasty going, Pete!

Semi-pro level. . . . :rofl:

Carroll is a perfect fit for USC.. glad to see he is raising some hell, in the real world who really cares.. let them wear pink if they want to..

As somebody whose earliest memories of football are UCLA/USC games, I'm all for it. Indeed, either my memory is playing tricks on me or else that's what they did in my childhood.

This makes me like Carroll more than before and I've always liked the guy.

Basically what he is saying is that tradition is more important than a single game. How can you hate on a guy for that?

"to be honest, I don't know why any successful college coach would want to coach in the NFL........there are very few for whom it was worth their while"

Great point; one word, EGO. Actually a second word comes to mind; GREED..........

The NCAA, in general, is ridiculously intrusive. As for the uniforms, as long as both teams are fine with USC using the red jerseys, the NCAA should take a hike.

They should take a hike... right into a meeting room and make plans to set up an NCAA playoff. :mad:

"to be honest, I don't know why any successful college coach would want to coach in the NFL........there are very few for whom it was worth their while"

Great point; one word, EGO. Actually a second word comes to mind; GREED..........

top college coaches get big $$......betcha carroll make more than most NFL coaches

Basically what he is saying is that tradition is more important than a single game. How can you hate on a guy for that?

If Belichick said he was going to wear home blue's in Seattle on Sunday at the cost of 2 timeouts, I think you would be singing a different tune.

They should take a hike... right into a meeting room and make plans to set up an NCAA playoff. :mad:

Why would you want to ruin college football with a playoff?

Why would you want to ruin college football with a playoff?

How would setting up playoffs ruin college football? Do you like seeing Ohio State undeservedly get into the National Championship every year only to get blown out? And I'm sure Texas would love another shot at Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes