PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's winning the NFC this year?

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think it's pretty much between: Seahawks, 49ers, Saints

But you never know. These teams aren't elite but could still be dangerous: Eagles, Giants, Cardinals, Rams, Lions, Packers, Bears.

I still see one of the first 3 teams making it out of the NFC. The Seahawks and 49ers may both regress a little bit.

The Saints actually improved over the off-season. They adding a fast, dynamic rookie WR Brandin Cooks in the draft. He's going to do a lot of damage in that Saints offense. They also added one of the better Safeties in the league in Jarius Byrd. Champ Bailey is over the hill but brings a lot of veteran leadership to that team.

Seahawks lost a lot of depth. Specifically at WR, DL, and CB.
Key Departures: Golden Tate, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond, Sidney Rice.
All those players they lost and they really didn't add any pieces. They spent all their money re-signing players that were already on the team.

49ers are a bit of a different story. They didn't lose too many key players, nor did they add any key players. They replaced Donte Whitener with Antoine Bethea. Not a huge downgrade. They added Stevie Johnson. Their depth at CB took a bit of a hit with Eric Wright, Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, all no longer on the team.

The biggest problem for the 49ers is their window looks to be closing. Justin Smith will be 35 years old soon. Anquan Boldin will be 34 soon. Frank Gore is on the wrong side of 30. Vernon Davis is 30. Ahmad Brooks is 30. Navarro Bowman is coming off a bad knee injury and will miss time. Aldon Smith is facing suspension and will miss a lot of time.

Who do you think will win the NFC this year?

I will go with the Saints. As you said, they got better on both sides and play in a weaker division so should have a real good record and shot at home field. If people have to travel to SEA, the rest of the NFC field is in even more trouble with them.

Right now I would guess that it's Washington in the East, New Orleans in the South, Green Bay in the North, and San Francisco in the West. Seattle takes one wild card spot, and the Eagles edge out Chicago for the other.

49ers finally get over the hump and beat the Saints in the NFCCG.

I can never go with the Saints. They're such a horrible road team that never seems to perform outside it's dome, it's hard to see how they're considered elite. Could say the same for Brees.

I can never go with the Saints. They're such a horrible road team that never seems to perform outside it's dome, it's hard to see how they're considered elite. Could say the same for Brees.
Homefield throughout playoffs would help a lot. Don't forget they won the SB not too long ago.

I know who it won't be: NYG.

SAints is my guess. With how the refs will be calling games....that O will score 30+ a game

I don't think 49ers. Kap will have a bad year IMO

I think it's pretty much between: Seahawks, 49ers, Saints

But you never know. These teams aren't elite but could still be dangerous: Eagles, Giants, Cardinals, Rams, Lions, Packers, Bears.

Who do you think will win the NFC this year?

My guess is the Cardinals will surprise everyone.

4 teams with the best shot, IMO

SEA
S.F.
N.O.
G.B.

I'd have had G.B. above the Saints, but them losing Raji has me sliding them down a spot.

I'd like to say the Saints. Depends on their defense. They were really bad in 2012, better in 2013 and if they can keep improving in 2014 they have a shot...

Seattle's first team offense and defense have looked scary good thus far.

With Dockett gone for the year, it would sure as hell surprise me.
Its more than Docket, Mintner and Washington hurt too. I was picking them but not any more.

Either Saints or Seahawks again, IMO.

The St. Louis Rams. I said it first. I'm not f***ing kidding either.

I'm saving that post. 8-23-2014.

Why on earth would anyone think the giants are going to the super bowl? Eli looks worse than ever.

It'll be the usual suspects Seattle, New Orleans, Green Bay (if Rodgers stays healthy) and possibly San Francisco if Kaepernick develops and their D doesn't regress.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back