Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Tom Brady is #1.

Moving on to #2.

Who is #2?

Pouty Face:
Not seeing it for all the same reasons we don't believe he's #1.
Maybe if you pretend the Superbowl is in October. Than he's pretty good, I guess.

I never wanna' hear another word about Peyton "the great leader." When he was getting crushed on in the Superbowl, it was little ex-Patriot smurf Wes Welker trying to rally the team back to life, while pouty face sulked off to the side looking pathetic

He is who we've known he is since 2001.

Drew Brees:
Never heard of her.

Aaron Rodgers:
I've never been sold on anything Aaron Rodgers except his skill set. He's obviously a very talented football player, with fast legs and lethal accuracy. He's definitely the 2nd most fun quarterback to watch. Very quick, lightfooted (nimble, even lol) and still throws lasers on the move.

On the other hand, he's no Tom Brady.

His completion % and INT numbers are off because he doesn't risk anything. He just eats sacks. Sack after sack after sack. One season it was so bad some media people were accusing him of trying to protect his stats at the cost of eating sacks.

Also, where's the intangibles? He has a ring, and Green Bay did go on the nice play off run, but since then he's been smashed by the Giants in their own stadium the year the QBR worshipers were crowning him the GOAT. Then to the 49'ers x 2? I forget.

Doesn't he have the least 4th quarter comebacks in the league? Or some other telling 4th quarter stat? Legend has it, if you have the lead against the Packers after the 3rd quarter, you've won the game.

But whoever is #2 is who you would want on your team if you couldn't have Tom, so maybe despite all this it's still Aaron Rodgers.

Unless...

Russell Wilson:
The case can be made that Aaron Rodgers is the 2nd best quarterback in the league, but if Seattle manages to repeat that will be a game changer and shift the NFL quarterback hierarchy. I always see Wilson playing great when it matters most. Even against us, irregardless of the fact our secondary was agonizing, gut-wrenching $#!%, he still put the ball where it needed to go.

I'd take Wilson over Luck. Maybe you can't even call him a #5 yet, but if he repeats, and he's in a decent position to, he's automatic top 3 in the league.

I'm high on Wilson. I'm ashamed to admit this now because they're good, but I always liked the Seahawks (thought they had the coolest name as a kid). My point is I've seen a lot of Russell Wilson games. Last year especially, I thought he was Bradyesque.

4-1 in the post season in only his second year and cool as hell under the big lights in the big moments.

Does anyone else even make the pool of nominations?

regular season only, manning.

the whole season including playoffs/superbowls rodgers.

i wouldnt want to be a contrarian jackass, but i think brady has the lowest playoff QB rating of the "elite" 4.......of course you could compare offensive talent and make the "weapons" argument.....which is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes