PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Which one of these soon to be free agent WR would you want the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant have Lance Moore, guy is really good, and Im hoping where smart enough to get him a contract in N.O.. Moore and Welker would be devastating, kids that good. All the best, but hope this never happens.

You cant have Lance Moore, guy is really good, and Im hoping where smart enough to get him a contract in N.O.. Moore and Welker would be devastating, kids that good. All the best, but hope this never happens.

How good is he at going deep?

To everyone who wants Jason Avant not only is he a slot-guy but he's spent his entire career in the west coast offense, which is the same thing as one Joey Galloway.

Galloway couldnt' learn the offense, I think Stallworth had some trouble too, lets stay away from WR's who play in the west coast.

Most of his longest catches in games are mid-teens to 20's. He's barely played this year, but I think he got a few deep balls last year.

But they have Meachem and Henderson in the more deep ball routes, so it might also be more difficult for him to get a chance.

To everyone who wants Jason Avant not only is he a slot-guy but he's spent his entire career in the west coast offense, which is the same thing as one Joey Galloway.

Galloway couldnt' learn the offense, I think Stallworth had some trouble too, lets stay away from WR's who play in the west coast.

May be true, but that's not the same to be said for everyone. If you really want to play, you'll figure it out. We all saw Galloway, he looked slow, and dropped passes, etc.

Most of his longest catches in games are mid-teens to 20's. He's barely played this year, but I think he got a few deep balls last year.

But they have Meachem and Henderson in the more deep ball routes, so it might also be more difficult for him to get a chance.

Scanning Pro football reference, it says his long last year was 70 yards. But I don't if it was a deep bomb or a catch and run.

Some other names pop up but as trades. Boldin might be trade bait (Breaston is younger and a RFA).

The other WR who is wearing out his welcome is Dwayne Bowe in K.C. Talent?....Yes. Commitment?....No. He needs a change in scenery and kick in the ass.

I would take a shot with Owens for the right money. He needs to send his career off right and he won't make waves to preserve any legacy he can retrieve.

Another might be Muhsin Muhammad of the Panthers. He will be cheap. He is 36 (younger than Galloway) but will have at least 50 catches this year in a weak Panther passing game. He is also one of the best WR blockers in the game, a BB hot button.

In the draft I like this kid from Northwestern WR Andrew Brewer. 6'3" and 215lbs. Could be a second day steal. BB liked a QB he turned WR in Edleman. Brewer is bigger and can play outside.He was also a former QB.

There are other this we need (How about Kampman at OLB? Merriman anyone?)
DW Toys

Last edited:
If we need another WR lets get one in the draft, most of these guys are either washed up or want a lot of money. Plus some of the guys that look decent and would sign for a cheaper salary are RFAs..

Last edited:
Muhsin Muhammad, Carolina Panthers (37)

This guy can be a good extra weapon .

Give me Vincent Jackson and Hixon who I believe is a poor mans Miles Austin and he returns kicks.

The problem with a bunch of these high-profile receiver options is the fact that we need someone who's not used to being a number one receiver. I think if we threw a Brandon Marshal esque player into the mix here, it would hurt us more than benefit us. As we've seen before in his career Moss can be a bit testy to competition as the number one receiver spot. Luckly his only competition this year is with Welker who is more than content just eating yards and big hits and setting Moss up for the score.

As much as I think Moss has bitten into the "humble pie" I think we'd be better off going for a draft'able, or cheap third receiver option. A Gaffney type, the one that is good enough to have confidence that if you chuck it his way, hes gonna catch it and maybe gain a few yards. But not so fragile that if he doesn't get the ball 10+ times a game, wont pout.

Whoever that is, beats me. I like what I've seen from Edelman this year, but his injury his hurt his development in terms of what we as fans can identify as progress in development into a solid third option.

One name that someone brought up here which is interesting is Dwayne Bowe. Not a FA, but intriguing. He's had his problems this season with Haley (who hasn't fought with this guy), never really developed a great relationship with Matty C., and the suspension. Also add the constant trade rumors (no surprise because he is of the former regime), his production, and he has had a lousy 2009 season. You have a potential trade for picks in the draft and a player situation.

Despite all his problems this season, Bowe is a gifted receiver. Physical, athletic, very good route-runner, good blocker, and judging from most of his interviews, a team guy. The question now is what do the Chiefs do? Do they keep him and hope he rebounds or trade him in order to upgrade their defense and offensive line?

They need to address their issues at guard, tackle, NT/DT, safety, and a WR (most likely a slot receiver). Here is where the Patriots come in. I think they take Okung in the first round (unless Suh is still available). They have 2 picks in the 2nd round but what if the Patriots offered one of their 2nd rounders and a 5th (plus a player which I will name later) for Dwayne Bowe? Would the Chiefs consider it?

If the Chiefs maybe feel that the picks aren't enough and want a player in the deal as well (given that Bowe was a 1st round selection and did have 2 great seasons), then it will no doubt be a defensive player. And no doubt it would be Adalius Thomas.

So a 2nd and 5th+Adalius Thomas for Dwayne Bowe. Who knows if the Chiefs would consider it and even if they did, they still need someone to replace Bowe if they trade him and they might get in on the Anquan Boldin sweepstakes.

He is as good if not better than Smith in carolina, he can catch pretty much anything, is great after the run, and runs some of the best routes Ive seen, he was our #1 receiver last year.

Lance moore
YouTube - Lance Moore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back