PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Which one of these soon to be free agent WR would you want the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hell with the WRs. i want the pats to re sign there own free agents. there are plenty of them.

Me too. Bodden, Watson, and Wilfork top the list. Time to get

realistic and not expect home town discounts.

Screw signing a receiver for $$$, use a 4th or 5th on a late round receiver. That kid from Bowling Green looked promising yesterday, his draft status may have gone up too high tho.

What is a realistic dollar amount for each of them? How much is too much for a Wilfork?????

What is a realistic dollar amount for each of them? How much is too much for a Wilfork?????

Haynesworth contract kind deal is too much . If he wants that, he can listen Jerry Jones

If a new CBA is in place in 2010, don't be surprised to see the Pats make a run at Brandon Marshall. He's done very well with McDaniels so it gives him a very good chance of succeeding in New England. The Broncos have a tough decision to make - franchise Marshall or Dumervill? Vincent Jackson is the other WR I'd like the Pats to make a run for. The Chargers also have to make a decision on either franchising Jackson or McNeil.

the hell with the WRs. i want the pats to re sign there own free agents. there are plenty of them.

Then expect the same results every season - competing, but just not enough. This team has to get better if you ever want to see them win another super bowl.

Last edited:
I will be very disappointed if they don't sign
Mankins, Wilfork, Faulk and Watson.

I would add Bodden and Gostkowski to your list.

I will be very disappointed if they don't sign
Mankins, Wilfork, Faulk and Watson.

Everyone saying to hell with WRs you are all ruh tards. We have 0 options outside of Moss and Welker. Sure Edelman was fun to watch but we need a deep threat which, from what I've seen of Aiken , it's not him.

Randy Moss is going into his what, 13th season?

The best idea is definitely to wait and look for a receiver after he wants to retire and hope they can have a similar impact for the team. /sarcasm

Find a good #3, someone who can take coverage away from Moss to maximize his potential in his remaining years. Then when he goes away we already have our #1 who knows the offense and the team.

WR and D line should be the goal this year. In that order, especially if Wilfork resigns

Last edited:
Here is a list of upcoming 2010 WR free agents...

2010 NFL Free Agents: WR

There are a lot of intriguing candidates this year. Just curious what the Patriots fan base would like to see as the third receiver if one of these players could come our way...

Vincent Jackson would be my #1 choice obviously. But he's gonna get a lot of money so he won't be coming here. I'd settle for a Steve Breaston, great returner, decent receiver, and lots of speed.

I'd really like to see Avant on the Patriots. He's a talented guy, but buried on the Eagles target list.

Or, it could be my Michigan Wolverines bias speaking.

Here is a list of upcoming 2010 WR free agents...

2010 NFL Free Agents: WR

There are a lot of intriguing candidates this year. Just curious what the Patriots fan base would like to see as the third receiver if one of these players could come our way...

Well, the whole premise of the article is that they are all going to be UFA. That is false as it stands now. As it stands now, Marshall, Austin, Edwards, Floyd, and Jackson will be RFA. And I don't see any of them being tendered for LESS than a 1st round pick.

Of the others, I'd like to see the Pats give Bryant a chance opposite Moss...

Also, the list hasn't been updated to remover Chris Henry (R.I.P.)

The Pats have been re-signing their FAs... but you have to understand that there is only so much money they have to spend right now..

Also, fully expect that guys with less than 6 years to get RFA tenders..

Wilfork will probably be franchised, though I hope the Pats can get a long term deal done without it..

I expect Faulk, Bodden, and Watson to have new contracts relatively quickly after the end of the season.

Bess is an RFA. Expect at lest a 1st round tender on him.

Plus, Bess stikes me as the next Welker and the big Tuna in the sky is'nt gonna part ways with him easy.

Screw signing a receiver for $$$, use a 4th or 5th on a late round receiver. That kid from Bowling Green looked promising yesterday, his draft status may have gone up too high tho.

Barnes was a 5th/6th round pick prior to that game.. Don't expect his stock to go up that much.

The Pats could use a mid to late rounder on a WR, but I think that they are going to go in the trenches early..

I'm in love with Vincent Jackson. I also wouldn't mind seeing Lance Moore in a Patriots uniform.

Would have been a great poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back