PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: When did the Giants become an unstoppable juggernaut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced this is the case. As many others have pointed out, the NYG seem to have a defense that can bring the pressure and play physically with the best of them.

On top of that, the have a QB who is playing better than ever, and 2 or 3 extremely viable WR options.

I suppose we'll find out within the next 48 hrs if they are for real or not, but even with a loss I still think they are just as balanced (if not more) than any of the other teams left.
I think you can make a case for almost all the remaining teams having some very solid strengths and having a chance to win (I just don't see Houston and Denver getting there).

The Giants certainly have enough talent to do this, but the build up of them being this monster has more to do with media hype than them actually being a juggernaut. Probably has more to do with that run in 2007 than their perforamce. I see Eli as being better and their defense not being quite as good as 2007.

When you finish off your season with your D-linemen raping and pillaging Quarterbecks, followed by shutting out a playoff team combined with an explosive offense, people tend to take you seriously.

I just got done updating my cap calculator and it predicts a 26 to 24 Packer victory. Needless to say I will be taking the 9 points.

I'd love a chance or SB redemption.

The Giants aren't good. GB is going to stomp them a new one. I'd love it if they took out GB/NO/SF for us though.

giants is the 2nd to last team that i want to play..they have been on a roll as of late...last team i want to play...saints

That is if we make the SB

If we make the SB, I want to see them. Vengeance.

But I'll worry about that if it happens. Right now, I just want to win our next game.

The Giants are quickly becoming the "team no one wants to play" and the trendy pick to go to and/or win the Super Bowl? But why?

I know they are starting to come on at the right time, but was their win last week a repeat of 2007 or just catching an average team at the right minute. Three weeks ago, the Jets and Giants were playing the "Monumental Loser Bowl" where the loser would become the laughing stock of the league and incredible underachievers based on expectations. Three weeks later they are the trendy pick to go to the Super Bowl.

I know they did it before, but that was three years ago with a lot of different players. Their defense is still suspect in the secondary and they may have to play the three best offenses in the league to win the Super Bowl. I don't see them doing it. In fact, I don't think they will get past the Packers this weekend.

I could be wrong. I never thought they would make it to the Super Bowl when they beat the Pats the last time around. In fact, I think a Pats/Giants rematch would be something I would want to see to get revenge for destroying the Pats' perfect season.

They are not one. The Packers are going to beat them.

I do agree that it is strange that the "experts" are referring to this as another Super Bowl run. They won one playoff game at home. That isn't a run by any stretch. If they are talking about ending the regular season with two straight wins, so what every playoff team left except the Texans and Broncos did that.

I think the media tries to rehash history as if it has anything to do with the game itself.

They're just a team that's built for January. Scary front 4, QB who's borderline elite and former SB MVP having his best season, strong run game.

Regular season historically does not mean much. 2009 is the only season since 2004 where both teams in the SB were among the regular season favorites.

All the remaining NFC teams are legit IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back