PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What's the forum's opinion on Jared Goff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Watched a couple of vids of all his throws from a number of games, and my immediate take away is how quickly he gets rid of the ball. He reminds me a lot of Peyton in that he gets rid of the ball quickly and unfortunately he also tends to lead his receivers into trouble. Hopefully he learns better and doesn't continue to do that like Peyton. His arm is strong and seems to be able to make all the throws. I know the numbers aren't impressive but, I'm really impressed on what he's been able to do with such a poor offensive line. I think if you put him and Guerly in Dallas they are tearing it up behind that line with those receivers. Looks like Rams basically threw away their season starting Keenum this whole year. One more reason to can Jeff Fisher.

Idk time will tell if that was the right choice or if they should of wentz and took carson instead

My opinion is that it sucks for a player of any caliber of talent to have as much weight on his shoulders as Goff does.

Right now he's in the worst offensive system in the league and I'm not sure there's anything positive for him on the horizon.

He looks as if he's not ready for prime time. They should have kept him out for the whole year.

Idk time will tell if that was the right choice or if they should of wentz and took carson instead
I think both will be good but, I prefer Goff. I don't know if it's a problem but, Wentz has unorthodox mechanics and he looks like he's moving in quick sand when he moves in the pocket. Wentz's style of play reminds me a lot of Big Ben. He was doing pretty well before they lost Lane Johnson.

I hope he's not another bortles.

giphy.gif

In my opinion any QB picked in the first round, never mind top 2, should be expected to play week one.

Otherwise don't draft them that high.

If they are expected to redshirt, auto second round tag on them.

My opinion is that it sucks for a player of any caliber of talent to have as much weight on his shoulders as Goff does.

Right now he's in the worst offensive system in the league and I'm not sure there's anything positive for him on the horizon.

If he's truly an elite QB, then that goes to show collecting talent won't bring results, like most teams Rams think it is as simple as drafting the right QB then slapping em out there then boom dyansty, ehh takes legit good coaching for those things to pan out, you can have all the right cards but the cards aren't gonna play themselves and ehh ya kinda need to know how to play em right, look at the Jaguars, on paper looks like a Super Bowl contender, but the card holders don't know how play properly, swap our coaching staff with Jacksonville's and the difference would be night and day, same with some other teams as well which is why we are so great

He's awful, and reportedly dumb as a post.

A promising project with some talent. Hard to draw any other firm conclusions about a guy whose coach stinks, receivers stink and offensive line isn't exactly good either.

Certainly not worthy of his draft slot at this point in time.

There's a point where individual talent cannot overcome a dearth of team talent and a system that makes Raymond Berry look like Bill Walsh.

Brady in that system with that talent and that coaching staff at best looks like an All-Pro, not the GOAT.

He makes his reads quickly, which is a big plus. A lot of guys never develop that. But I can't get past how inaccurate he was. The headline coming out of that game was the drops, but a lot of those balls were difficult-to-impossible to catch anyway. Between that and his poor pocket presence, I'm pretty down on him. Could be a lot worse, and maybe he'll grow into it, but not encouraging so far.

At least two years away from becoming a real starter. He has tons of work to do.
Problem is he doesn't have the cast around him to help him on offense.
The coaching has been terrible too.

In my opinion any QB picked in the first round, never mind top 2, should be expected to play week one.

Otherwise don't draft them that high.

If they are expected to redshirt, auto second round tag on them.

I completely disagree.

A team should always develop a QB. In fact I think the NFL should allow a team to "Redshirt" a rookie QB as an additional roster spot so that they can develop a QB.

IMO, throwing any QB who has, at best, faced defensive college programs with great 2-3 developed talent into the fire against NFL defensive programs who have elite talent with 5-10 years of development is a joke.

Always better to let them learn first. Hold a clipboard.

IDK, i would like to see what a real coach could do with him

He's a good football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back