PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Whatever Happened to.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewaylifeshouldbe

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I have only been posting here for a few months or so, but prior to that I was a long time lurker. Just curious about where some of the older regulars have faded to.

Dryheat.Flutie2phelan.Miguel.Joesixpat.Spacecrime.Gomezcat.Zuma........etc.

As far as I can recall, all of them are still here and posting regularly.

Flutie2Phelan changed names and is now PsychoPat.

I'm still here.

All of those guys still post...

pats1 said:
All of those guys still post...

Been too long since i've noticed anything from Spacecrime.

And ... where is AndyJohnson ?

I actually thought that PsychoPat might be Flutie2phelan under a new name. The distinct font color and structure of prose gives him away....but I didn't want to "out" him. :D

Dryheat44 is long MIA though.....or am I just really missing something here?

You guys (and others I didn't mention) need to post more!

Spacecrime I haven't seen much from lately.

It seems like I still see Dryheat around, though I'm not sure how recently.

Andy's been MIA for what seems like 3 months now. And before that he was MIA for a good span of time before checking in during the offseason.

Joesixpat is still active, I've seen him in several threads lately.

thewaylifeshouldbe said:
I actually thought that PsychoPat might be Flutie2phelan under a new name. The distinct font color and structure of prose gives him away....but I didn't want to "out" him. :D

Thanks for the courtesy!

But i made a public service announcement here at the time of the switchover.
All that remains to do
is change my gender, by proclamation, in New York :)

I don't speak for any of them but maybe some of them got turned off by the new breed that seems to find fault with everything and have all the answers. Now, I have a lot of ideas like everyone else but the crazy spectrum of complaints depressed me. It seems fans forget all the great things that happen and immediately become "hand wringing whiners". They said Belichick and Pioli lost their ability to find players, the team was cheap, the receivers were terrible, Brady was terrible, McDaniel has lousy game plans and calls a lousy game, linebackers are terrible, secondary is weak, there is no depth and on and on. They want trades for Jerry Porter and Randy Moss, both of them are "hand wringing whiners" on the field and don't fit the Patriot mold.

It just seems the team has to be perfect to get fan approval. Fans were ecstatic after Cincy and Minny but jumping overboard after all the other games.

This week I didn't even come to the site because I didn't want to read the comments. I can imagine what they were but didn't want to know. We are 6-2, we will likely finish the second half 6-2 or better and it will all be about the post season. The good news is that every year we have Belichick and Brady we will be competitive over a season. We won't win every year but we have a chance every year. I believe this team is one of the best balanced teams we have had and pending the future injuries will still be peaking later in the year.

The glass is more than half full.

Imagine: Right after the loss to Denver when you were at your most negative, wondering what happened to Tom Terrific and our bunch of blue collar no mistake players and the Magic that usually carried us through the post-season, some one approaches you. They tell you they've seen the future of the Patriots offseason.

They tell you that it only gets worse after the Denver loss. They tell you that Givens leaves for the money. They tell you that Willie does the same. They tell you that Adam Vinatieri leaves for a little more money and goes to the hated Colts. They tell you that both Dwight and Davis leave to rival teams and that once promising Bethel Johnson is traded for a bust DT.

They tell you Branch holds out and creates an enormous distraction that goes sour when the Patriots won't pay him enough to make him forget the 5 year deal he was 'forced' to sign. They tell you that Branch is traded to Seattle for a future 1st rounder, which sounds good until you realize that Brady now has only Troy Brown at his disposal.

They tell you that Rodney Harrison makes it back from his knee injury, but then breaks his shoulder at the midway point.

They tell you that Brady's trusted WRs are replaced with a 2nd round rookie, a scrap-heap reject, a WR traded in for a 5th rounder, and a street free agent.

They tell you that Junior Seau retires, and then unretires to joing the Patriots. They tell you that Seau, in all his age, starts for the Patriots at ILB.

They tell you that your depth at CB consists of Ellis Hobbs, Asante Samuel and Chad Scott after Randall Gay is put on IR and Poteat Bongos is dropped and grabbed up by the hated Jets.

They tell you that Tom Brady through half a season posts his lowest passer rating of his career and lowest comlpetion percentage. They tell you that the Patriots start three different players at right tackle depending on the week. They tell you that Billy Yates starts a couple games at Guard.

They tell you that both of your primary ST/backup safeties are lost to IR and that your primary depth at ILB suffers the same fate. They tell you that Troy Brown is playing in the secondary again.

They tell you that the Patriots draft a runningback in the first round and have the rookie split carries with Corey Dillon evenly.

They tell you that the Patriots draft another first day TE.

They tell you that Troy Brown is the third QB on the roster.

They tell you that only Troy Brown and the scrap-heap reject WR have a full training camp with Brady. They tell you that the 5th round trade WR and the 2nd round pick Rookie WR both have hamstring issues and miss all but a collective two weeks of TC. They tell you that Ben Watson is the leading reciever on the team.

They tell you that almost the entire media is picking the Dolphins to win the East after they acquire Dante Culpepper.

They tell you the Patriots are actually 6-2 and the nearest team in the AFCE at the halfway point is 4-4.

Are you surpised?

Looking back, I would be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back