PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- What team trades down/up in the Top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
A lot of teams want to trade down in the top ten.
It doesn't look like anyone has the picks to move into the top 3.
Tampa or Atlanta have extra #2's I believe and could be targeting one player.

- I believe Oakland to be the only top ten team who is unlikely to swing a trade.
- Detroit has to hope Oakland passes on Calvin Johnson so they do have trade bait, CJ's availability at #2 would appear to be the trigger for the first trade of the draft.
- I haven't heard many trade rumors swirling around Cleveland. Trade options would be Detroit triggering a bidding war by staying at #2 and skipping CJ, or someone like Miami or Minnesota aggressively going after a QB.
- Tamp Bay may move up, I don't think they will be moving back.
- Arizona appears to be ideally placed to draft the top LT in the draft, Miami or Houston may covet this spot given their O-line needs, but I think Joe Staley's rise and Levi Brown's availability will reduce the trade pressures.
- Washington is a good trade candidate as teams start looking to nab a specific player. They are likely to be desperate enough for a trade back to accept less value in exchange - not that they value draft picks very highly to begin with.
- Minnesota may need to make a move if they do want a QB, but they can get someone they need right there.
- Atlanta has already moved up, it would seem they have some trade-up designs in mind.
- Miami wants a QB pretty badly, Trent Green or no, they are more likely than most to trade up.
- Houston doesn't need to trade up to get a LT, CB, or DL who can help them, though Adrian Peterson sliding may tempt them. They seem a likely club to wangle a trade back for extra picks.

If I was the Raiders I would take CJ if I couldn't trade down then I'd draft Stanton with the first pick of the second round.

CJ has a higher floor and higher ceiling than any WR in the draft. He also has as high of a floor as Quinn and as much upside as Russell so you minimize your downside without losing any ceiling that high in the draft.

Conversely Stanton's floor and ceiling aren't that far off from Russell and Quinn and he's an acceptable risk as the #33 pick vs the other two at #1 and not that far off as a risk\reward from Bowe, Ginn or others at WR.

I hate the Raiders more than any other team so hopefully whatever they do turns to sh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back