PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What If: Brady or Manning pulls a Tiger Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Tiger the man, it's Tiger the multimillionaire. Take away the money and he's got nothing going for him.
Sport, money, fame or power has a way of making any man attractive to women if he possesses any. Not much has changed through the ages.

Last edited:
Peyton Manning? Squeaky clean, no past incidents?

You guys don't know about his sexual assault?

He planted his balls, his taint and rectum on a trainer at Tennessee. She sued him, and he settled out of court.

Sport, money, fame or power has a way of making any man attractive to women if he possesses any. Not much has changed through the ages.

Dating back to around 3,000,000 B.C.

Who cares? As long as it is not illegal, and we win games, I don't care how these guys are in their personal lives. If Brady were to decide to cheat on Giselle, bang all the broads he can, and become a spokesman for Jiffy Lube, I couldn't care less. Who are we to judge what he thinks is best for his personal life? As long as he's not beating up women, or committing something illegal, it shouldn't matter. Just win.

The only time the NFL or team should step in for suspensions or fines is when they do something against the law or against the NFL rules/team rules. I don't think the NFL or any team have a rule for a limited amount of poon a player can bang, married or not. It would just be ridiculous if it came down to that level.

Who cares? As long as it is not illegal, and we win games, I don't care how these guys are in their personal lives. If Brady were to decide to cheat on Giselle, bang all the broads he can, and become a spokesman for Jiffy Lube, I couldn't care less. Who are we to judge what he thinks is best for his personal life? As long as he's not beating up women, or committing something illegal, it shouldn't matter. Just win.

The only time the NFL or team should step in for suspensions or fines is when they do something against the law or against the NFL rules/team rules. I don't think the NFL or any team have a rule for a limited amount of poon a player can bang, married or not. It would just be ridiculous if it came down to that level.

This is a historical moment............

I agree with condon84 :eek:.....:D

Well, since I started the thread I might as well throw my .02$ in. Good thoughts and opinions by all.

I'm a big golf fan. I play quite a bit. Been to many PGA Tour events and followed Tiger around on many occasions. I'm personally disappointed with the decisions he has made with his personal life, but not b/c he is a celebrity or has built up this persona as a role model that we with the 7:04 tee-times every Saturday admire. I feel sorry that he has brought all this attention to his wife and children. That is a shame. I'm still a fan of his golf game. That will never change. I find Fred Couples and Boo Weekley much more likeable personalities but thats besides the point.

I agree with the earlier post that said you really can't compare the two on the same scale. You can't. Tiger is a singular entity and in my opinion MUCH bigger than Bradyor Manning. If Brady was found to be following a similar lifestyle as Tiger, my position would be, "what are you doing, Tom?". IMO with Tom & Peyton, anything short of rape, murder. dogfighting and drugs they'd be fine in the end. I admit, I'd be slightly disappointed in Tom's decision making- for his family's sake. Hypothetically, you may have some sponsors drop him. He may even get booed at a few games. Come contract time, Kraft may even throw a clause in there or tell him to dial it down. That would be the extent of it. Not sure about the ambien or vicodin allegations. That may be a more sticky issue.

If Tom wins another SB and has women in ever port, so be it. Doesn't make him a role model. It makes him entertainment.

If I want to pay money and take in a great role model, I'll take my folks or wife out for dinnner. :p

Last edited:
The only emotion that is triggered in me as far as who a pro athelete is shagging is jealousy:eek:....it has no relevance to me watching them play sports

The only affect it has on an athletes life is his endorsement deals, other than that who gives a flying ****, probably half of these guys if not more cheat, Im only interested in how they play football.

The only affect it has on an athletes life is his endorsement deals, other than that who gives a flying ****, probably half of these guys if not more cheat, Im only interested in how they play football.

1/2 is conservative.

It's not Tiger the man, it's Tiger the multimillionaire. Take away the money and he's got nothing going for him.

In a "Utopia," you are right. But, up and down the food chain on Earth, people, men in particular, are defined by their role and status in the marketplace.

Tiger = Tiger the Multimillionaire = Tiger the Man = Tiger.

Ya know, for all this talk about how Tiger "shocked" us and how we question his character now, etc.

Um..This is sports. If the man never picked up a golf club, he would be nobody. So why is it people care about this ****? It's his life, period. If we wouldn't care about him if he never played golf, why pretend to now?

I don't personally give a damn about any of these athletes, only what they do on the field. I just find it funny when people question character, etc. like it really matters. Tiger could the nicest guy in the world, but it's all about what he does with his club that makes him a relevant person, and that's just the damn truth.

I didn't care what he was doing personally before golf, I don't care now either. You old farts need to stop sitting around bringing someone else down to feel better. Bunch of gossip queens ;)

According to the press and ESPN Tom Brady having a child out of wedlock was 100X worse than what Tiger has done. It makes me sick that Tiger gets a free pass from BSPN and Brady continues to get slammed for "abandoning" his child. The media sucks.

According to the press and ESPN Tom Brady having a child out of wedlock was 100X worse than what Tiger has done. It makes me sick that Tiger gets a free pass from BSPN and Brady continues to get slammed for "abandoning" his child. The media sucks.

How is Tiger getting a free pass? They only talk about him every 5 minutes. He is getting crushed.

I'm sure Brady would have wanted things to go a bit differently with Moynihan. My position on these types of thing is that as long as the kid knows Brady loves him and is involved in his upbringing, supported financially and TB and Moynihan can maintain a collaborative relationship in raising him, then hes doing his job as a father and everyone else can take their moral high-ground and go fly a kite.

Hey, yesterday my husband came home, said he was listening to sports talk radio and heard that Manning is getting a divorce and has women all over Indianapolis. I didn't hear it, but that's what he said he heard.

Apparently Manning and Woods are good friends, too. Who knew?

Anyway, I know we ultimately don't care (and are grossed out by the visuals, ew) but when he told me I immediately thought of this thread.

Hey, yesterday my husband came home, said he was listening to sports talk radio and heard that Manning is getting a divorce and has women all over Indianapolis. I didn't hear it, but that's what he said he heard.

Apparently Manning and Woods are good friends, too. Who knew?

Anyway, I know we ultimately don't care (and are grossed out by the visuals, ew) but when he told me I immediately thought of this thread.

I don't know anything about Peyton, the other "Mr. Clean" on the national scene, but the amazing thing to me about Tiger is that none of his dalliances are with "real women."

They're all with party girls, sort of a B-list of Paris Hilton wannabes. Urchitel, Grubbs, the one in Vegas, the strippers, are women who make a living out of being attractive to men who are rich or have some level of fame, either by getting financial and other favors from them or by getting paid to bring them into clubs or resorts.

It's almost like Tiger thought he could have two lives; the one, his "real life" with a family and on the golf course and in his other interests; the other, a "private life" with women he can party with but doesn't expect much else of, but whom he leads on by telling them how much he "connects" with them (yeah, right).

If it weren't so tawdry, it would be kind of sad.

Woman or sheep ... I heard it was sheep.

Woman or sheep ... I heard it was sheep.

I'd more easily believe it was sheep. But I guess give someone money and a high enough profile, women will be everywhere.

It's just so cliche and gross.

In a "Utopia," you are right. But, up and down the food chain on Earth, people, men in particular, are defined by their role and status in the marketplace.

Tiger = Tiger the Multimillionaire = Tiger the Man = Tiger.

I don't understand what you're saying. My point was that all these women, including his wife, would have had nothing to do with him if he wasn't rich. He's certainly not blessed with looks or personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes