PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What If: Brady or Manning pulls a Tiger Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With a few poor personal decisions, the most recognizable sports figure in the world is having a tiny little PR crisis. No need to go down that road with the details. I'm sure all of you know what is going on with Tiger.

I am throwing it out there for speculation in this forum and ask the question: What if either one of the NFLs top two marque players (Brady and Peyton) goes through what Tiger is currently experiencing?

What Vick went through was pretty close (if not worse) to the nightmare that from a PR standpoint, what Tiger is currently going through. As a point of reference, with Vick the league suspended him, The Falcons cut him and took back some bonus $$, his sponsors dropped him, he went to jail and rejoined the league at a reduced rate to the Eagles. I don't think Tiger is looking at time in the slammer (god knows what else will come up!), but for the sake of discussion what if Manning or (gulp) Brady did something along the same lines as Tiger did?

Angles of discussion:
-NFL position
> Would the player be suspended?
-Team Position
> Any cash to be taken?
> What does Bob Kraft or Irsay do? What does BB do? Polian?
-Public Image
>Obviously a hugh hit, but how much?
>As a fan, if it's Brady..........are you still a fan?
>Legacy

I look forward to the thoughts.

robertweathers

Last edited:
A huge reach to even speculate. I'll just take one aspect of it - Manning and Brady play a team sport and are responsible to their teammates as well as their families. I don't think it could ever get to the proportions of what Tiger has done without some early scrutiny by teammates, coaches and/or the league. Tiger can exist in his sport in a vacuum because he is only responsible to himself and/or family if he cared - lots of free time on his hands.

Last edited:
Ugh. I hate the 24 hour news cycle where a guy cheating on his wife is front page news.

I don't care one bit what Woods, Manning, Brady, Belichick or joe blow do on their own time (within the legal bounds of the law).

Pedro Martinez was at ****fights in the dominican. Who cares? It's legal there.

Hearing about Woods from every talking head makes me sick.

They are responsible to nobody other than their partner and their families. The rest is just glass houses IMO.

Last edited:
You asked the questions so here is my take:

I would leave Manning out of this conversation. He may be the only truly marketable athlete of any sport right now. He is still at the top of his sport (unlike Jeter) or dances like a buffoon in front of opponents (LeBron). The guy is funny, likable, squeaky clean, and on the whole - the best QB in the world. I hate Manning, but I do respect him.

NFL wouldn't/couldn't do anything unless a law is broken. I do not believe infidelity is against the law.
There would be no fine from the NFL or the team. Kraft would obviously not endorse the behavior but sweeping it under the rug would make sense.
BB? Please...he is the last person to say anything on this topic. He is reported to have cheated on his wife with a NYG employee who eventually divorced her own husband. He had the younger looking hottie with him at those Celtics games - front and center.

I would remain a Brady fan because I could care less what he does when he is not on the field. Most women I know have taken him down a few notches because they insist he was cheating on Moynahan with Gisele well before their split up and the pregnancy, etc. Personally, all I care about is him and the team PLAYING BETTER rather than just talking about it after every game.

While the NFL does have a personal conduct policy, I would say it is safe to say that nobody is going to be fined, suspended, or cut for having an affair or ten. Travis Henry was eventually suspended, but not for his refusal to wear a condom.

As for the alleged driving under the influence, although Goodell could do something even if a player is not arrested, again I doubt it would happen here. Manning and Brady have had zero incidents in the past, whereas Pacman Jones had a zero tolerance policy from Goodell due to past behavior; that's the difference.

Would Polian or Kraft suspend, fine or cut Manning or Brady over what Tiger Woods has done? Absolutely no way.

Now if it is the 52nd player on the roster that's a different story. But if it's the 52nd player on the roster it's not headline news either. For example a year or so ago one of the Steelers was in the news for spouse abuse. The Pittsburgh front office said they have no tolerance for that and cut the player, a backup. A week or two later similar allegations were brought up against one of their starters; he was not cut.

Brady's wife is gorgeous...

the best, for the best:)- TFB x3

Well, there's cheating and then there's plowing down a path to your own destruction, which is what I would classify Tiger as doing. I guess Tiger needs to take everything to the nth degree.

The thought of Manning doing this is a total laugh. The thought of Brady doing it makes me want to puke. I'd rather not know about ANY of these guys' personal lives.

Wait until they find out about Peyton Manning & Kenny Chesney

Brady has Giselle. So I really find it hard to believe he could top that. Umm. I'd rather not speculate!

I could never see Peyton doing what Tiger did. Peyton looks, talks, reminds me of Forrest Gump.

Who knew Tiger got more ass than a toilet seat?

If Brady did similar to what Tiger did I'd sit back, take a deep breath and Google all the names.

I live sorta vicariously thru the Patriots and TB to be specific as he is doing things I have never done, namely win MVP, meet the pope and score world-class tail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't care what Brady, Manning or Tiger do in their personal and family lives as long as it doesn't entail breaking a law. I have no illusions about these guys being role models of any sort other than for their ability to toss a pigskin or hit a golf ball.

When I tell my kids about Tiger or Brady, I tell them one's a great golfer and the other's a great QB and that they both seem like nice guys. But, otherwise, I don't hold them up to them as role models for anything but said athletic excellence.

To the question of the post, Peyton looks squeaky clean, but TB has already fathered a child out of marriage and dumped its Actress mom for a Supermodel. So, I'm not sure how Brady's behavior stacks up against serial infidelities by a married man who already has children, but I am sure there are some who have a clearly articulated calculus that would make Brady's behavior better or worse than Tiger's behavior.

Frankly, I don't care.

It's Brady's business. It's Tiger's business. End of story.

Money can buy a lot of things, but I don't even think money and fame could land Peyton hot women that aren't Colts fans. Then again, Eli dated Lindsay Lohan, so you never know.

Money can buy a lot of things, but I don't even think money and fame could land Peyton hot women that aren't Colts fans. Then again, Eli dated Lindsay Lohan, so you never know.

I'm in Indiana, trust me there are a LOT of women here that are Colts fans that are absolutely breathtaking so Peyton could have his pick!

I know I've said it before in this forum but aside from being f***ing Colts fans Hoosiers have a bad reputation here, they are some of the nicest, giving people I've ever met in my life and some of them are smoking hot (yeah there's also the beer gut, bad teeth, butt ugly ones but name me a region that doesn't have that!).

BTW..Miss America is from Indiana ;)

Who knew Tiger got more ass than a toilet seat?

It's not Tiger the man, it's Tiger the multimillionaire. Take away the money and he's got nothing going for him.

It is absolutely unacceptable that the masses think that just because someone is rich and famous that person owes them any explanations for their personal life or has to meet their expectations as a person. It's their business and theirs alone. That it's even in the media is shameful and another example of how twisted for-profit infotainment has become.

Last edited:
If I were to guess, I'd say Brady probably cheats, but I don't care, I just want him to win football games!!!. C'mon he's got 150 mil in the bank, his wife's got 300 plus mil. Boredom's gotta set in at some point---these athletes need a rush, whether it's gambling or finding another mistress. When Brady and guys like Welker get to the Ritz Carlton New york or Miami, do you think they are hanging out with Matt Light?:D:D

I am all for personal privacy, if it doesn't relate to the position they hold then it's all irrelevent to the general public. My position on Tiger before this happened was he is a great golfer. Since he was 'exposed' he remains a great golfer. I had no wish to know about his life before, and I really wish I didn't know anything about it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back