PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What do you think of Jason Smith on ESPN's All Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven Nation Army

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
This man is an idiot. He says there is a "remote" chance Aaron Rodgers starts in September. It is pretty obvious the open quarterback competition is just leverage for the trade that is inevitably coming. Everyone gets that except this blabbering idiot. He actually thinks Favre is going to be re-installed as the QB and play the season.

Also, his habit of saying "It's AllNight at ESPN Radio, I'm Jason Smith" as filler when he has nothing to say. Plus the long pauses. And he's always telling us what he's going to talk about next. Too bad Adam Corolla isn't on Love Line anymore or I'd ditch sports talk entirely.

bong.gif

This man is an idiot. He says there is a "remote" chance Aaron Rodgers starts in September. It is pretty obvious the open quarterback competition is just leverage for the trade that is inevitably coming. Everyone gets that except this blabbering idiot. He actually thinks Favre is going to be re-installed as the QB and play the season.

Also, his habit of saying "It's AllNight at ESPN Radio, I'm Jason Smith" as filler when he has nothing to say. Plus the long pauses. And he's always telling us what he's going to talk about next. Too bad Adam Corolla isn't on Love Line anymore or I'd ditch sports talk entirely.

bong.gif
I can't listen to him. How he GOT a radio gig I don't understand, he must have pictures on somebody important involving barnyard animals. But the crew on Fox is worse I think,George Sedonia? and Karen or Krystal. Whenever I listened to them they spent more time giggaling and laughing at each others pointless rambalings than talking about sports. The last time i tuned in was last winter so i don't know whos on now,but who ever does the third shift usually sucks on either channel.

Last edited:
I thought Madden was more of an idiot during the game, lapping up to Favre (didn't take but ten minutes to bring his name up), contradicting himself ('make it an open competition', and then 'of course Favre will be the starting QB), and showing his man-love for Favre during the game.

But on the other hand, we all knew that was how Madden would act.

Last edited:

bong.gif

he does the worst sports radio show I have ever heard, there is no way to explain how bad he is. he is tottaly unlistenable

I can't listen to him. How he GOT a radio gig I don't understand, he must have pictures on somebody important involving barnyard animals. But the crew on Fox is worse I think,George Sedonia? and Karen or Krystal. Whenever I listened to them they spent more time giggaling and laughing at each others pointless rambalings than talking about sports. The last time i tuned in was last winter so i don't know whos on now,but who ever does the third shift usually sucks on either channel.

all of sports radio has gone downhill the last 5 years. it is not doing anything new and just beats around the same arguments each year. sportscaster should stop trying to be funny, because they are not. so many of them think they are comedians and it ruins my ability to listen for the game breakdown aspect of it

jmo,but i couldn't disagree more. jason smith is by far worse. as bad as fox is, multiply that to the power of 10 and that's jason smith. his voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. he is generally misinformed. his opinions are biased, unfounded and usually way off base and his knowledge of sports is limited. totally unlistenable. how he got a job at espn is easy to understand. perfect fit.

bong.gif

He must have learned from the best - Jim Rome.

Jason Smith is a Patriot hater, if I remember right. I had to listen to him night after night during my evening commutes this last year when Spy Gate was in full bloom. All he wanted the NFL to do was suspend Bill and take away records. The problem is, he makes his solution sound like it is something the NFL should consider rather than make clear that it is his own personal bitterness speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes