PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to London, you're fired

Well, he at least has a 5+ hour flight to contemplate his future so I guess it's not all bad.

That's life in the NFL. I don't really have a problem with it. It sucks for the player, but it happens.

Well, he at least has a 5+ hour flight to contemplate his future so I guess it's not all bad.

He can also put away a lot of liquor in that time too....... :cool:

Is this worse than BB releasing Tiquan Underwood the night before SB XLVI?

Considering there is absolutely nothing wrong with what Bill did, then... yes. Yes, it is.

EDIT: I can't fathom for the life of me why anyone would disagree with this post. I understand the media and their need to grind the "Bill is a cold-hearted SOB" axe, but Patriot fans should know better.

Last edited:
Considering there is absolutely nothing wrong with what Bill did, then... yes. Yes, it is.
If what BB did wasn't wrong. What's wrong with this?

( I don't think any of them is wrong)

Last edited:
Huh? BB cut Underwood for Alex Silvestro, who didn't play a single snap in SB XLVI. If that's not wrong, then why is this wrong?

Isn't this better than getting cut in say, buffalo? At least you could go sightseeing and meet the locals

Huh? BB cut Underwood for Alex Silvestro, who didn't play a single snap in SB XLVI. If that's not wrong, then why is this wrong?
One big difference would seem to be immediately sending the player home on an eight-hour trans-Atlantic flight. My question is why they couldn't just wait 'til after the game.

One big difference would seem to be immediately sending the player home on an eight-hour trans-Atlantic flight. My question is why they couldn't just wait 'til after the game.
London or the SB? Which one would be a bigger deal to any player?

Silvestro took over Gronk's special teams duties, which was far more important than a 5th receiver who wouldn't have take a snap on offense or STs.

As for the timing, the Patriots always tweak their gameday roster Saturday, so the whole "on the eve of the SB" is wholly irrelevant.

If what BB did wasn't wrong. What's wrong with this?

( I don't think any of them is wrong)

Virtually nothing, but the question was asked "is it worse" and in this case it is because the Lions knew he would be cut and didn't even need his services in practice. They could easily have informed him earlier and saved him the travel. If he wasn't bothered by the time spent in the air, then it is a complete non-issue.

Non sequitur. What Bill did was the same transaction he makes before virtually every game NE plays every season. The fact that it happened prior to the SB is irrelevant.

That's not what I was addressing. Cutting either player isn't the issue, it happens. But flying halfway around the world, then doing it and sending him back alone, seems odd.

Silvestro took over Gronk's special teams duties, which was far more important than a 5th receiver who wouldn't have take a snap on offense or STs.

As for the timing, the Patriots always tweak their gameday roster Saturday, so the whole "on the eve of the SB" is wholly irrelevant.

Virtually nothing, but the question was asked "is it worse" and in this case it is because the Lions knew he would be cut and didn't even need his services in practice. They could easily have informed him earlier and saved him the travel. If he wasn't bothered by the time spent in the air, then it is a complete non-issue.
My point is that neither move is wrong. It's simply roster management.

My point is that neither move is wrong. It's simply roster management.

And I mostly agree. But in Bill's case there is absolutely nothing wrong other than ignorant perception. In this case, there is at least an argument to be made that the kid didn't need to fly back and forth when they knew they were going to cut him anyway.

That's not what I was addressing. Cutting either player isn't the issue, it happens. But flying halfway around the world, then doing it and sending him back alone, seems odd.
Why is it odd? They found out that their health at S was improved and had to make moves to get a TE on the roster as it's a position they're hurting at. Powell was on the p-squad.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back