PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Weis fired hopefully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Weiss fired hopefully?

:confused:

Wasn't Weiss the guy that told TFB to "go out there and sling it" in the Super Bowl?
Regardless, I'm glad I'm not the only one who apparently has no clue what you're talking about.
it was drew bledsoe

JD was the best. now he is an nfl head coach.

weiss=best realistic option
well..when jmcd was here even he was criticized on this board :)

well..when jmcd was here even he was criticized on this board :)

Of course he was. He's not perfect either. Weiss could have done alot with Moss and Welker too.

But BOTH of those guys are working now.

Weis is the best OC I ever saw. Used to keep Pete Carroll's D totally off balance with his unorthodox play calling. When Pete guessed a Jets run, the Jets passed, and when Pete guessed pass, Charlie called a run. Watching those talentless Jets teams beat our AFC Championship Patriots was really hard to stomach. Weis had a big hand in that, and he made Mr. Interceptaverde look good.

Listen up. That was Drew Bledsoe, The Statue, who said that, NOT Weiss.

Hard to believe there are Pats fans here who don't know that story.

Last edited:

Weiss has had a pretty good season, played USC close... not sure he will be fired...

Folks used to bytch about him pretty regularly when he was the OC here...

Folks? Or a certain Folk
... who got pleasure from complaining due to his gift of knowing how to coach

...back in the day ... when they wore leather helmets. :eek::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Listen up. That was Drew Bledsoe, The Statue, who said that, NOT Weiss.

Ah yes. I remember that now. Heh, I remember thinking that Bledsoe just wanted Brady to screw up on that drive just so he could get his job back.

Last edited:

Hard to believe there are Pats fans here who don't know that story.

Yeah. You're right. I'm definitely a front runner. :rolleyes: Lighten up, buddy. I was 14 years old when that game was played.

Last edited:

Yeah. You're right. I'm definitely a front runner. :rolleyes: Lighten up, buddy. I was 14 years old when that game was played.

Wow someone's got a fondu brewing in their panties.

Youth is no excuse for ignorance. I was 40 years from being born when WWII was fought, yet I still know quite a bit about the subject. You must have been a real whiz in history class.

The story has been repeated by Brady ad nauseam since 2001. Know your team, or **** off. Whatever.

Ah yes. I remember that now. Heh, I remember thinking that Bledsoe just wanted Brady to screw up on that drive just so he could get his job back.

I always thought that Bledose was trying to relax Brady, and that it dd indeed help. Or at least he was trying to help.

Youth is no excuse for ignorance. I was 40 years from being born when WWII was fought, yet I still know quite a bit about the subject. You must have been a real whiz in history class.

The story has been repeated by Brady ad nauseam since 2001. Know your team, or **** off. Whatever.

I'm so glad I have to work again tonight so I get to spend my night talking to more 40 year olds that just want to scream at kids over the internet. I think I'll just do myself a favor now and ignore you. PM me whenever you want to take a Pepsi challenge on this team against me.

EDIT: And I believe that WWII is a little more significant than the Pats winning the Super Bowl, genius. No matter though. The only thing I'll ever see from you from now on is, "This post is hidden because SoonerPatriot is on your ignore list". Have a nice life.

Last edited:

So if someone doesn't know every single little thing about their team, they need to **** off now? Knowing what Bledsoe said to Brady on the sideline is not that important and I'd guess that less than 10% of Patriots fans know about it. I didn't even know about it until 6 months ago when I watched the America's Game show about the '01 Pats. Not really a big deal.

:confused:

Wasn't Weiss the guy that told TFB to "go out there and sling it" in the Super Bowl? Regardless, I'm glad I'm not the only one who apparently has no clue what you're talking about.

I think that was Bledsoe who told him to sling it.

The worst offensive coordinator the Pats have ever had is the one coaching the team at the momement. No I don't mean Bill O'Brien. I mean that he is now, Josh McDaniels was it when he was the OC, Weis was it when he was the OC other than 2004. I still don't know why, but the current OC has gotten too much crap from Pats fans forever.

We need to give O'Brien time to show what he can do. If this offense can perform like it did vs. Tennessee and Tampa for most of the rest of the season; this guy could end up being a very good OC.

Weis isn't coming back. Even if Weis does come back to the NFL, he will most likely not want to go under Belichick's shadow again and will want to take an OC job where he can show he is a great OC and not a product of Belichick and Brady so he can get another shot at a head coaching job. Going back to NE will not help him this way.

I think Romeo is more likely to come back since at his age, he is less likely to get another shot at a head coaching opportunity (Romeo is 62 and Charlie is 53). Romeo might decide that he wants to end his career on a high note and come back to the Pats for another Super Bowl or two. Charlie if fired this year will probably want to rehab his career to get his next head coaching job in 2-3 years.

The worst offensive coordinator the Pats have ever had is the one coaching the team at the momement. No I don't mean Bill O'Brien. I mean that he is now, Josh McDaniels was it when he was the OC, Weis was it when he was the OC other than 2004. I still don't know why, but the current OC has gotten too much crap from Pats fans forever.

We need to give O'Brien time to show what he can do.

Agree. And yup we need to see what O'Brien can do.
Speaking of all the aforementioned OCs, I'm just glad we've moved WAY beyond the Ernie Zampeze (sp?) era. Ol' Ernie up there in the box, chain smoking away with 2 Marlboros goin at a time. Those were the days. :)

Weis will not come back to the NFL to be a coordinator..Its a HC job or nothing if he does get fired at ND.

I love Weiss but I don't think he can get a college HC job at a major program after ND. I believe ND had prevously beat Navy 28 straight games. Navy has now beat ND two out of the last three years. ND will also finish out of the top 25 for the second year in a row. NO major college will offer Charlie a HC job.

A pro HC job is unthinkable.

Last edited:

that's way out of line. glad i don't have to pass your test on every detail of the Pats history. civility is a virtue. i learned that in some class or another.

Last edited:
Charlie Weis is under contract to Notre Dame through 2015 at somewhere between three and four million a year, depending on the source. I don't know whether there's a buyout clause in the contract, but I doubt Charlie let them get away with much on that during the negotiations.

So, I doubt ND will be firing him anytime soon. $3 or $4 mil would pay a whole boatload of greens fees for the big guy. i think that only a handful of Coordinators on the O or D get very far into the seven figure range in the NFL (Dom Capers was rumored at around $2.0--$2.5).

Last edited:
Where you zat critic???? Here she is.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill