PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Weis at HR Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPats

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
This tale is pretty off topic, but since the news is dead right now I thought I'd share a funny antecdote from some of my fellow PSU message boarders.

"Weis was sitting right below me in a luxury box at the HR derby. People were yelling his name but got no answer. So I yelled his old HS he used to coach at in jersey, he looked up and smiled. Then I yelled, "Sept. 9th, WE ARE PENN STATE!!! JoePa is watching film on you right now and you're at a baseball game!!!" A lot of PSU fans around me I guess cause the whole section was cracking up. Figured you guys would get a kick out of that. Needless to say he grabbed his cell phone and pretended to talk. He didn't stay too long. His son had a Jeter jersey on with a White Sox hat, frontrunner haha."

I find it comical that Weis's son has a Jeter jersey and a White Sox hat.

I love when people brag about how they were jackasses to a guy who was enjoying something with his family.

That and I highly doubt Paterno was watching film at that moment. It was way past his bedtime.

Last edited:
primetime said:
That and I highly doubt Paterno was watching film at that moment. It was way past his bedtime.
Not to mention that at this point in their careers, Weis can outcoach Paterno with his eyes closed.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06192/704952-335.stm

Derby seen

It was a surreal scene around the field during the end of the NL batting practice and the start of the AL workout: Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis, actress Alyssa Milano (who a decade and a half ago dated then-Penguins star Robbie Brown), Pirates of the early 1990s Bobby Bonilla and Doug Drabek, director Rob Reiner and former Superman Dean Cain.

Instead of yelling at Charlie Weis, I would have tried to catch Alyssa Milano's attention instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back