Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Weis at HR Derby

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TeamPats, Jul 11, 2006.

1. TeamPats

TeamPats On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This tale is pretty off topic, but since the news is dead right now I thought I'd share a funny antecdote from some of my fellow PSU message boarders.

"Weis was sitting right below me in a luxury box at the HR derby. People were yelling his name but got no answer. So I yelled his old HS he used to coach at in jersey, he looked up and smiled. Then I yelled, "Sept. 9th, WE ARE PENN STATE!!! JoePa is watching film on you right now and you're at a baseball game!!!" A lot of PSU fans around me I guess cause the whole section was cracking up. Figured you guys would get a kick out of that. Needless to say he grabbed his cell phone and pretended to talk. He didn't stay too long. His son had a Jeter jersey on with a White Sox hat, frontrunner haha."

I find it comical that Weis's son has a Jeter jersey and a White Sox hat.

2. primetime

primetime Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +484 / 50 / -28

#18 Jersey

I love when people brag about how they were jackasses to a guy who was enjoying something with his family.

That and I highly doubt Paterno was watching film at that moment. It was way past his bedtime.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +605 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Not to mention that at this point in their careers, Weis can outcoach Paterno with his eyes closed.

4. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06192/704952-335.stm

Instead of yelling at Charlie Weis, I would have tried to catch Alyssa Milano's attention instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2005