PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WEEI Host Glen Ordway dealing with difficult family situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He was on a little while ago, but the board was having a hissy...

Said his wife gave birth to a little girl, Mia Grace, but there were serious traumaic injuries suffered by both his wife and the baby during delivery. His wife is being treated at Brigham and the baby has been sent to Children's where they are hoping for miracles. He wasn't any more specific but it sounds pretty dreadful. Said he will be out until the situation changes and he wanted to let listeners know and limit speculation on his unscheduled absence. I know it was a second marriage fo Glen who has an older child, but the couple also has a little boy who must be a toddler now.

Folks who are so inclined might want to keep a good thought for the family. Glen is a pretty good guy and a FOB (Friend of Bill).

I love EEI and really like the Big Show. Glen i hope everything works out for you and your family your a great guy and i wish you the best.

Brutal.

Best wishes and prayers.

I don't live in Boston anymore so I rarely listen to WEEI. I was never a big fan of the Big Show (mostly screaming), but Ordway seemed decent. Regardless of what you think of him, you never wish this kind of horror on anyone, especially not on a mother and child. Best wishes, naturally.

glen can be an annoying ass but I wouldn't wish that situation on anyone...not even mangini. hope all turns out well for mother and baby :(

I know a lot of the media guys read this board. Michael Holley said as much today. If Glenn does actually read this, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I wish your wife and child a speedy recovery.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Ordway family. We all wish your wife and child a miraculous and speedy recovery.

Anyone who is a parent knows how helpless you feel when your child is sick or worse.You want so badly to have it be you and not them.Thoughts and prayers from Patriot nation..

Hope is wife and child end up ok.

Anyone who is a parent knows how helpless you feel when your child is sick or worse.You want so badly to have it be you and not them.Thoughts and prayers from Patriot nation..

Amen to that. When my son was born, he had an onstruction in his lungs that limited his ability to breath, and I spent several days with him at the Neonatal intensive care unit. You can't imagine real heartache until you visit a place like that and see what some kids and parents have to go through.

Glen, I'll light a candle for you and yours, and hope you get the miracles you ask for.

Respects,

I don't live in Boston anymore but I stream WEEI through my PDA and then play it through car stereo. I love the Big Show, if not for the sports content than for just the comedy. The Big O has made me laugh many times on my way home from work. I hope everything turns out OK for him, I will say a prayer for his family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Glen and his wife and baby girl..for a miraculous recovery. I have listened to Glen, since he was Johney Most's sidekick in his last days..and while I at times find him a bit overbearing, still tune in on the Big Show..going back and forth with MF. What a tough situation for him and I think all Boston sports fans send prayers as well.
Thanks Mo for posting this quickly...missed the original announcement on EEI.

Up until my wife gave birth a little over three months ago, thoughts like this kept me up nights.

All the best to Glen and his family.

Best wishes to Glen and his family.

My prayers are with Glen and his family. Times like this make you realize the importance of life and health over sports.
God bless.

Just awful news. Prayers to Glenn and his family.

This is truly awful news. I'll pray for them tonight.

Last edited:
He and his family in my prayers.. Best wishes Glenn:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes