PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Watch for Notre Dame prospects in coming years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From everything I have read so far about new Irish DC Corwin Brown, we could see some potential higher round Patriots in a few years, not to mention the offensive players with 4 years under Weis.

People are already getting excited about the new 3-4 defense and Brown doesn't even have his players yet. However, they are compiling an outstanding recruiting class for 2008, and if signing day was tomorrow, Notre Dame would arguably have the best class in the nation.

Expect Notre Dame to take a big step back this season. They lost a ton of talent and with their schedule could really have a tough time. I can't think of the reporter's name on College Football Live but he said if the Irish won 7 games this season, he would be voting Charlie Weis as coach of the year. That being said, with the young talent they have on that team and the prospects they are once again bringing in, I expect them to be an elite team by 2009 with a real chance at the national title.

I'm really looking forward to watching Weis re-mold the Irish, along with Corwin. I'm rooting for them.

I'm really looking forward to watching Weis re-mold the Irish, along with Corwin. I'm rooting for them.

It's amazing how quickly the recruiting has improved in South Bend. With Weis having a late start to 2005, they brought in a class that resembled something that Baylor would be thrilled with. Now they're sitting on the best class in the nation with a handful of some of the top recruits still considering.

I loved that interview they had of Weis and he talked about what he would do when recruits would talk about wanting to play in the NFL someday. He would start rubbing his eyes so as to show off his three Super Bowl rings. It seems to be working.

One of their players, Barry Gallup, went to school with me. I'm rooting for him. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes