PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Warner, 2-time MVP, hangs up jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta Love Kurt.
Such a nice guy, such a champion.
If he doesn't belongs in the HOF, tell me who does?
2 MVP, one Ring, one superbowl MVP, 5 pro bowls, one of the greatest duos ever with marshall Faulk, why is there even a doubt?

Agreed on all points. You could win and win big with this guy as your QB.

I personally wouldn't vote for Warner. His mid-career fall is a huge blackmark.

I know Drew Bledsoe never won a Super Bowl like Kurt did over the Titans, but I bet Bledsoe would have been excellent in Martz' offense, throwing to Bruce and Holt etc., and Drew would've thrown that pick to Ty Law as well.

Drew Bledsoe and Kurt Warner are comparable QBs. Kurt has a SB win, and that counts, but not enough to warrant the Hall.

If you ask people who were there with them both, they will tell you that Martz ruined/derailed Warner's career. He was lucky to land in Arizona under the circumstances (new HC who wasn't enamored of his predecessors choice of high draft QB) where he had a chance to rehabilitate his image. Which is what makes all the calls here for Martz such a hoot. The desperate Bears are apparently now kicking his tires, and that will be worth the price of admission...

I rooted for Warner before 2001 because it was a feel good story, grocery bagger to MVP. Guy who made all the pundits look like tools.

That said, after his performance on the heels of you know what gate, can't stand the man. He got beat straight up and if anyone was at fault it was his idiot HC, not ours. He's not better than Marshall Faulk in that respect, no accountability. As for the Hall, outside of the NFC and a domed environment at that, not sure he'd have put up nearly the numbers (except for the turnovers). But it's become more a media driven feel good decision over the years so he likely will be inducted based on that premise.

you also have to remember that warner's best years were with the rams and cardinals, when he had really great receivers like holt, bruce, fitzgerald, boldin, breaston, etc. The one year he was mediocre was with the giants, who had an average receiving corps. you could make a strong case that it was his receivers who made him.

Mine too, PJ, but this is a time to be gracious.

You're right, and I do appreciate Warner as a great QB and an even greater story. He was a very scary man with a football in his hands.

Agreed on all points. You could win and win big with this guy as your QB.
He's a shoo-in because he loves Jesus.

Big +1 right there.

I rooted for Warner before 2001 because it was a feel good story, grocery bagger to MVP. Guy who made all the pundits look like tools.

That said, after his performance on the heels of you know what gate, can't stand the man. He got beat straight up and if anyone was at fault it was his idiot HC, not ours. He's not better than Marshall Faulk in that respect, no accountability. As for the Hall, outside of the NFC and a domed environment at that, not sure he'd have put up nearly the numbers (except for the turnovers). But it's become more a media driven feel good decision over the years so he likely will be inducted based on that premise.

I personally wouldn't vote for Warner. His mid-career fall is a huge blackmark.

I know Drew Bledsoe never won a Super Bowl like Kurt did over the Titans, but I bet Bledsoe would have been excellent in Martz' offense, throwing to Bruce and Holt etc., and Drew would've thrown that pick to Ty Law as well.

Drew Bledsoe and Kurt Warner are comparable QBs. Kurt has a SB win, and that counts, but not enough to warrant the Hall.

Um, Bledsoe was at his worst in the biggest games, while Warner was always at his best.

I think Warner gets into the HOF, and deservedly so. The guy was money. I understand numbers matter, but to me, most of the time you're either a HOF player, or your not. This guy's one for sure.

No offense, but why the Kurt Warner love?? Oh yes it was a nice story in 99 and his bounce back with the Cardnials.. But you remember his marshall faulk stance on how we cheated, and he feels cheated... No one remembers that... I do, and always felt he was overated, and was a product of the system.. Good system qB, and a phony as a person...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes