PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Warner, 2-time MVP, hangs up jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck to him. He and Brady were two of the best stories to come out of the last decade, confounding all of the pundits at every turn!

He was a great story for the NFL.

Gotta Love Kurt.
Such a nice guy, such a champion.
If he doesn't belongs in the HOF, tell me who does?
2 MVP, one Ring, one superbowl MVP, 5 pro bowls, one of the greatest duos ever with marshall Faulk, why is there even a doubt?

Great player and seems like a great guy in general. I still think he had a couple more years left in him but I guess its better to go out on top. :)

Great player and by all accounts and even greater man.

Well done on a great career Kurt Warner. Love watching him play and conduct himself.

Memo to the Patriots FO. RAID THE CARDINALS. A Leinart lead Cardinals will be useless and hopefully players will be looking to jump ship.

Dansby, Boldin and whoever feels like something new.. come on down!

Last edited:
Classy end to a classy guy's great career. Despite all the concussions he shows that he is still smarter than you-know-who! And yes, he deserves to go to the HOF.

One of my all-time favourites. A true professional, a great player, and a future hall of famer.

Congrats to Kurt on a great career, and I wish him the best in his retirement life.

I salute you, Kurt.

Gotta Love Kurt.
Such a nice guy, such a champion.
If he doesn't belongs in the HOF, tell me who does?
2 MVP, one Ring, one superbowl MVP, 5 pro bowls, one of the greatest duos ever with marshall Faulk, why is there even a doubt?

Kurt Warner and Steve Young are basically duplicates.

So if Steve gets in, which he did on his first ballot, then Kurt will undoubtedly get in as well.

They both only started three full 16 game seasons.

Kurt only started 116 games in his career. Compare that to say Favre who started 269 games.

Kurt Warner and Steve Young are basically duplicates.

So if Steve gets in, which he did on his first ballot, then Kurt will undoubtedly get in as well.

They both only started three full 16 game seasons.

Kurt only started 116 games in his career. Compare that to say Favre who started 269 games.

i don't think warner getting in to the HOF is a lock. Steve Young had more TDs and fewer intereceptions and a better W/L record. I think had warner gotten the SB last year he would be in on 1st ballot.

i don't think warner getting in to the HOF is a lock. Steve Young had more TDs and fewer intereceptions and a better W/L record. I think had warner gotten the SB last year he would be in on 1st ballot.

Young started about 35 more games too, and Warner is barely behind him in stats.

Well done on a great career Kurt Warner. Love watching him play and conduct himself.

Memo to the Patriots FO. RAID THE CARDINALS. A Leinart lead Cardinals will be useless and hopefully players will be looking to jump ship.

Dansby, Boldin and whoever feels like something new.. come on down!

Ohhhhh Welker, Moss, Edelman and Boldin... :eek:

Kurt Warner won me over to appreciate him over the years. Watching him play for the Cardinals was an eye opener for me.....he was a great QB. The only negative was the fumbles....but about 25 NFL teams could live with that.

Warner is the epitome of what the NFL would like all of their players to be....Great on the field...and even better off it...

Go with God Kurt......best wishes and thanks for the memories.

Great story, great player, best of luck!

Top 3 QB of the 00s.

My favorite Warner TD pass:

ty_law.jpg

I personally wouldn't vote for Warner. His mid-career fall is a huge blackmark.

I know Drew Bledsoe never won a Super Bowl like Kurt did over the Titans, but I bet Bledsoe would have been excellent in Martz' offense, throwing to Bruce and Holt etc., and Drew would've thrown that pick to Ty Law as well.

Drew Bledsoe and Kurt Warner are comparable QBs. Kurt has a SB win, and that counts, but not enough to warrant the Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing