PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Wanna read an article about how bad the Colts are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe the Jaguars will take that division. I will go one step further. There is a very good chance that Indy does not even make the playoffs. They have played the weak part of their schedule and have won (barely). Now, they go against some tough teams that will run them into the ground (besides the next three after their bye). They might be looking at six to seven losses which may not be good enough.

scout said:
I still believe the Jaguars will take that division. I will go one step further. There is a very good chance that Indy does not even make the playoffs. They have played the weak part of their schedule and have won (barely). Now, they go against some tough teams that will run them into the ground (besides the next three after their bye). They might be looking at six to seven losses which may not be good enough.

I think you may be getting a little carried away with yourself.
The colts not making the playoffs?
anything's possible, but I find this difficult to believe.
I think you're underestimating their ability to pull out wins, regardless of what their weaknesses may be. Manning can cover-up for alot of issues,
just not in the playoffs :)

SamBam39 said:
I think you're underestimating their ability to pull out wins, regardless of what their weaknesses may be. Manning can cover-up for alot of issues,
The next best thing to the Patriots being World Champs this year, would be the Colts not making the playoffs. It's not "getting carried away with myself", but rather not going with conventional wisdom. The analysts have probably backed off a Superbowl prediction for the Colts, tho, some still rank them as a top five team. I think the Jags will take that division leaving the Colts fighting for a wild card. The Broncos and Chargers are two dominant teams fighting for the division, one will be a wild card. The Ravens lost last night, but sure look like the real thing. They will be fighting Cincy for the division. If the Colts lose to the Redskins, that will be three losses in a row because they are not going to beat the Patriots or Denver. Follow that up with Buffalo, Cowboys, Eagles, and then the Titans at home, whom they beat by one point at Indy. Breath and face the Jags in Jax, followed by Cincy which may be for the wild card. Not make the playoffs? I might just look up those odds for a wager.

SamBam39 said:

They will either be 10-6 or 11-5 depending on whether or not they beat the Jags in December in Jacksonville and 10-6 might not get you in this year either. But they will hovering around 500 come December there schedule is tough and all of them have a running game. There upcoming schedule is Washington, @Denver, @NE, Buff, @Dallas, Philly, @those scrappy Titans :D, @Jacksonville and Cincy, they finish up against @Houston and Miami.

With the exception of the Titans, Texans and Phins everyone of those teams brings a strong running game and a good defense (except the Bengals). They will be lucky to pull out 3 of those games unless they find some miracle solution to stop the run.

If it wasn't for idiotic play calling by the opposition in 3 games along with 3 dropped Int's in the Giants game they could and should be 2-3 right now. I realize that the reality is they are 5-0 but if they continue to play the same way they have especially when it comes to the run D, they will be 7-7 or 8-6 heading into Houston.

Last edited:
Lol, this is the same type of garbage the national media writes about the Pats and we all go apes--t about.

The Colts are 5-0 right now, they might drop a few games, maybe even a few easy ones. Hell, they might not make the playoffs - but it wouldn't be through any fault of their own. They're a damn good team... just not as good as the Pats. Our own 4-1 might be 2-3 if we dropped the two close games to the Jets and Bills.

Last edited:
I think this year will show what they're made of. If they can come together and play tough when everything isn't in their favor then they'll have earned some respect from me. If they limp into the playoffs because they finally have to deal with injuries like every other team then it'll only further reinforce what we've thought of them all along.

As much as i'd enjoy it I don't see any way they miss the playoffs. They're 5-0, they have Manning, and they've shown the ability to win close games.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
I think this year will show what they're made of. If they can come together and play tough when everything isn't in their favor then they'll have earned some respect from me. If they limp into the playoffs because they finally have to deal with injuries like every other team then it'll only further reinforce what we've thought of them all along.

As much as i'd enjoy it I don't see any way they miss the playoffs. They're 5-0, they have Manning, and they've shown the ability to win close games.

The Pats started the 99 season 4-0 and finished 8-8, the Vikings a few years back started 7-1 and finsished 8-8 there is a history of teams collapsing after good starts. The Colts are just flat out horrible against the run and they have managed to stop the bleeding just enough in the second half to allow their offense to put them in the lead. That won't work all season and it won't work against the Broncos, NE, Dallas or Philly. Washington will play them tough as will the Bills, Jags and Bengals.

And if anyone thinks that the Colts are a "damn good football team" they obviously have not watched their games. They are an average football team with a great QB, they have only played two strong teams and one young team that was playing decent football up until Sunday. If Jacksonville takes that division then the Colts will be lucky to be a wildcard. The only thing they have in their favor is that the Ravens have no offense and a tough if not brutal schedule and the Bengals are young and immature and could end up dropping some games that they shouldn't and they have a tough schedule. One of those three teams will not get in if the Colts don't win their division and if they do, then replace the Colts with the Jags.

I think the AFC will finish up like this

New England
Denver
Cincy
Jags
San Diego
Balt/Indy

I give the AFC North nod to the Bengals because they have an offense and an all around average defense that causes a lot of turnovers. I would also put Baltimore in over Indy because the Ravens can completely shutdown an offense and Indy can't score if they don't have the ball.

Last edited:
5-0 is 5-0.

Yes. They are horrible in every way possible. Write those articles!

RyanTheColtsFan said:
5-0 is 5-0.

Yes. They are horrible in every way possible. Write those articles!

Lots of cudos to them for being 5-0 it is amazing that they have found a way to overcome their short comings thus far. And for that they deserve a lot of credit. I just don't see how they make it through the stretch after their bye week without 4-5 losses against those teams. If they do then my hats off to them. But in all honesty, they can't continue to play the way they have been and expect to continue to win, especially against good football teams that bring a balanced attack on offense and a solid if not great defense as well.

Not taking anything away from 5-0 because it is what it is. ;)

I've been Manning's biggest critic over the years. THIS season, he's a different player. Forget the commercials and forget all of your previous notions of Manning. He's playing different this year.

These were my predictions two weeks ago and I still believe in them.

TEN - WIN (5-0)
BYE
WAS - WIN (6-0)
@ DEN - LOSS (6-1)
@ NE - LOSS (6-2)
BUF - WIN (7-2)
@ DAL - WIN (8-2)
PHI - WIN (9-2)
@ TEN - WIN (10-2)
@ JAX - LOSS (10-3)
CIN - LOSS (10-4)
@ HOU - WIN (11-4)
MIA - WIN (12-4)

RyanTheColtsFan said:
I've been Manning's biggest critic over the years. THIS season, he's a different player. Forget the commercials and forget all of your previous notions of Manning. He's playing different this year.

These were my predictions two weeks ago and I still believe in them.

TEN - WIN (5-0)
BYE
WAS - WIN (6-0)
@ DEN - LOSS (6-1)
@ NE - LOSS (6-2)
BUF - WIN (7-2)
@ DAL - WIN (8-2)
PHI - WIN (9-2)
@ TEN - WIN (10-2)
@ JAX - LOSS (10-3)
CIN - LOSS (10-4)
@ HOU - WIN (11-4)
MIA - WIN (12-4)

Honestly my thoughts had nothing to do with Manning, if anything I basically said he is the reason your team is 5-0. But your defense is just terrible against the run and that is a recipe for disaster. The one bright spot for that defense is their ability to cause turnovers, they have caused a lot of them.

Here is what I think and it is possible for them to pull out 12 wins but only if they catch an NFC East team on a bad day, which I don't think they will. Washington, Dallas and Philly will look to establish the run early and once 8 or 9 guys start creeping up into the box they will hit for some big plays down the field.

WAS - Loss (5-1) - This could be a win, but how do they stop Portis?
@ DEN - LOSS (5-2) No chance, Bell and Co rack up 250+
@ NE - LOSS (5-3) Same as above
BUF - WIN (6-3) Losman has been turning it over too much, Colts strength
@ DAL - Loss(6-4) Jones and Barber. Bledsoe only throws 1 pick :D
PHI - Loss (6-5) McNabb is playing lights out football and Westbrook should be healthy
@ TEN - WIN (7-5) I think you guys blow them out this time
@ JAX - LOSS (7-6) Tough road game against a really good Jags team
CIN - Win (8-6) They outscore Cincy at home.
@ HOU - WIN (9-6) Another pouncing of the lowly Texans
MIA - WIN (10-6) Plays the Colts tough but in the end they turn the ball over to many times.

A win over Washington or Jacksonville should give the Colts the division as that will most likely give them 11 wins. Jacksonville has been through the toughest stretch of their schedule and came out 3-2 they have some tough games remaining but not back to back like the Colts do until their last two games. The Jags should go into the Colts game 7-4 or 8-3 depending on the Giants game, but 11 wins should take the division.

They have a tough schedule.

Last edited:
scout said:
The next best thing to the Patriots being World Champs this year, would be the Colts not making the playoffs. It's not "getting carried away with myself", but rather not going with conventional wisdom. The analysts have probably backed off a Superbowl prediction for the Colts, tho, some still rank them as a top five team. I think the Jags will take that division leaving the Colts fighting for a wild card. The Broncos and Chargers are two dominant teams fighting for the division, one will be a wild card. The Ravens lost last night, but sure look like the real thing. They will be fighting Cincy for the division. If the Colts lose to the Redskins, that will be three losses in a row because they are not going to beat the Patriots or Denver. Follow that up with Buffalo, Cowboys, Eagles, and then the Titans at home, whom they beat by one point at Indy. Breath and face the Jags in Jax, followed by Cincy which may be for the wild card. Not make the playoffs? I might just look up those odds for a wager.

Scout, welcome to the club. I thought that the offseason losses for the Colts were devastating and predicted that they would be this year's "crash and burn" good team that falls way off.

After a 5-0 start, I have had to eat my hat, so far.

I thought the loss of DL Larry Triplett, RB Edge James, and LB David Thornton. Corey Simon was the only size on the DL, fat as he was. Now he too is gone, and midget Bob Sanders hasn't seen the field.

It would reinforce my feelings that the Colts are like a rotten Oak waitng to topple in a strong wind.

AzPatsFan said:
Scout, welcome to the club. I thought that the offseason losses for the Colts were devastating and predicted that they would be this year's "crash and burn" good team that falls way off.

After a 5-0 start, I have had to eat my hat, so far.

I thought the loss of DL Larry Triplett, RB Edge James, and LB David Thornton. Corey Simon was the only size on the DL, fat as he was. Now he too is gone, and midget Bob Sanders hasn't seen the field.

It would reinforce my feelings that the Colts are like a rotten Oak waitng to topple in a strong wind.

Until further notice. Five wins, zero losses.

The best chance for Indy to not win the South has already come and gone. NYG, NYJ, TN all could have won their games with a play here or there. The Jags played a close game, but they are like Miami to NE, always seems to be close but Jax ends up on the losing side more often than not.

Indy has a 2 game lead on the 2nd place team and a win over them already. I don't see them losing it.

I don't see them doing much in the playoffs either, but that is a different story.

Last edited:
Just a couple quick notes. First, Bob Sanders hasn't been playing, that will help the run defense. Second, Jacksonville's defense is starting to lose a lot of key players, two for the year so far. Third, everyone seems to forget that up until the past couple of seasons the Colts' defense was really bad and they were able to still rack up a lot of wins.

I still haven't decided if Baltimore is legit yet. They've beaten a bad Tampa team and a bad Oakland team. They barely beat a bad Cleveland team. And I think that San Diego blew that game more than Baltimore won it. I think that Baltimore is kind of like Chicago from last year. A very good defense and a so so offense beating bad teams. Wait until McNair gets hurt, he always seems to. Remember he is the "ultimate warrior" always playing through injuries. Either that or he is always hurt, living up to the nickname McHurt. But hey, they are 4-1.

Trust me, Baltimore isn't legit. Unlike the Colts, I could see them starting 4-0 and finishing out of the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me if they fell apart and ended 8-8.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
Trust me, Baltimore isn't legit. Unlike the Colts, I could see them starting 4-0 and finishing out of the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me if they fell apart and ended 8-8.

I got into an argument with one of my buddies over this very thing just today. I agree with you that Baltimore is a fraud. They are a 3-2/2-3 team masquerading as 4-1.

workhorse said:
Just a couple quick notes. First, Bob Sanders hasn't been playing, that will help the run defense. Second, Jacksonville's defense is starting to lose a lot of key players, two for the year so far. Third, everyone seems to forget that up until the past couple of seasons the Colts' defense was really bad and they were able to still rack up a lot of wins.

I still haven't decided if Baltimore is legit yet. They've beaten a bad Tampa team and a bad Oakland team. They barely beat a bad Cleveland team. And I think that San Diego blew that game more than Baltimore won it. I think that Baltimore is kind of like Chicago from last year. A very good defense and a so so offense beating bad teams. Wait until McNair gets hurt, he always seems to. Remember he is the "ultimate warrior" always playing through injuries. Either that or he is always hurt, living up to the nickname McHurt. But hey, they are 4-1.

I agree with everything you said about Baltimore, but your defense was a middle to low 20's defense up until last year so it was never horrible. The run D was suspect last year but team's would be down by 14 or more by the middle of the second quarter so they were forced to throw. Once again 5-0 is 5-0 but I don't know how Bob Sanders is going to come back and make much of a difference. That front seven is outright pathetic against the run and a very good safety will help a little, but it won't be a game changing difference.

Oswlek said:
The best chance for Indy to not win the South has already come and gone. NYG, NYJ, TN all could have won their games with a play here or there. The Jags played a close game, but they are like Miami to NE, always seems to be close but Jax ends up on the losing side more often than not.

Indy has a 2 game lead on the 2nd place team and a win over them already. I don't see them losing it.
I agree, the Colts are going to win the South. And I think workhorse's predictions look pretty good, so 12-4 seems likely, 11-5 worst case. Indy's rush defense is bad, sure. But doesn't it take time to take advantage of a bad rushing D? If Indy's quick-strike offense gets going, you'd be hard pressed to keep up by running the ball, right? So I think Indy's regular season fate is more in the hands of their O than their D. Playoffs will be tough, though, as others have said. I just want the seedings to work out so they get the Broncos off our backs. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes