PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vinny Cerrato out, Bruce Allen in with the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe Daniel Snyder has gotten "it" finally. He fired his lapdog Vinny Cerratto (well he "resigned") and hired Bruce Allen. I always though Cerrato got a free pass for the mess that is the Washington Redskins. He just catered to Snyder's whims to get high prices, overrated free agents and trading away all their draft picks.

The Raiders' have quickly deteriorated since Allen has left after they were a strong playoff contender in the late 90s and early this decade. If Snyder actually lets him have control, the Redskins might actually live up to their offseason hype during the regular season (and possibly the playoffs).

Maybe Daniel Snyder has gotten "it" finally. He fired his lapdog Vinny Cerratto (well he "resigned") and hired Bruce Allen. I always though Cerrato got a free pass for the mess that is the Washington Redskins. He just catered to Snyder's whims to get high prices, overrated free agents and trading away all their draft picks.

The Raiders' have quickly deteriorated since Allen has left after they were a strong playoff contender in the late 90s and early this decade. If Snyder actually lets him have control, the Redskins might actually live up to their offseason hype during the regular season (and possibly the playoffs).

Good points... I was hoping Todd Collins, a former Michigan Qb, would make more out of his career a few years back while Campbell was hurt. Being a Michigan man I root for all former Michigan QBs, including Brady and Henne.

Todd Collins was a local MA kid, Walpole I think.

As a buisness man i would expect Snyder to look for results, so i can't underatand why Cerrato lasted this long. I think i read years ago he didn't have a football back ground.

As a buisness man i would expect Snyder to look for results, so i can't underatand why Cerrato lasted this long. I think i read years ago he didn't have a football back ground.

Cerrato played ball in Minnesotta in college. He was with the 49ers for years as a scout and went all the way up to Director of Player Personnel. He also was the GM and was fired for the Skins and was rehired by Snyder. Even before Snyder, Cerrato had an affinity for older declining superstars (Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Irving Fryar, and Jeff George).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back