PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vince Young out in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about a ****ty QB..guy sucks

OMG Let's trade for him give up a 1st and 2nd round pick and use him as wildcard QB :rocker: .

Just Kiddin of course.

VY was so over rated. That franchise must be taking a huge sigh of relief.

is it just me or does this reflect very badly on fisher? his team doesnt have a qb going into next year now, young had issues but fisher couldnt be the bigger man for the team?

says alot about fisher, for all his crap about being a man when young texted him he conveniently forgot he sacked one of staff on the phone

It was pretty obvious it was going to be one or the other. Young's decisions down the stretch made the choice a little easier for the Titans.

I still think Fisher is overrated though.

I say we trade Clayton for him and then trade Young to the Raiders for Asomugha and a 1st.....:D

Guess they could be looking for a QB in the draft, whick is good for us.

I would have just gotten rid of both of them.

The Titans are 13-5 with Vince Young, and 1-11 with other QB's over the past few seasons.

Jeff Fisher is a horrible coach, hasn't been good for years now.

Last edited:
"Move" him? Release him is more like it. Who would trade for a rehab project that has $12M due for the rehab year?

I'd love for us to bring him in after he is released, show him how to play the game and conduct himself, let him demonstrate it, then trade him before next year's draft to an NFC team for a couple of #2's.

is it just me or does this reflect very badly on fisher? his team doesnt have a qb going into next year now, young had issues but fisher couldnt be the bigger man for the team?

says alot about fisher, for all his crap about being a man when young texted him he conveniently forgot he sacked one of staff on the phone

Why? You don't know what kind of crap has been going on behind the scenes.

lol .. Jaimie Dukes on NFLNW still with the "VY Effect" song .. Been singing it for a while ..

Eh, Young was a terrible quarterback, but I don't think this is such a good move. That team noticeably quit on Fisher at certain parts of the season, particularly down the stretch.

Fisher has many faults, but there's no way he should have been a "bigger man" and continued to accept all of VY's shortcomings. Coaches compromise their teams for talented individuals all the time, and you can get by for a short while, but eventually no one buys in and it all collapses.

"Move" him? Release him is more like it. Who would trade for a rehab project that has $12M due for the rehab year?

I'd love for us to bring him in after he is released, show him how to play the game and conduct himself, let him demonstrate it, then trade him before next year's draft to an NFC team for a couple of #2's.

LOL Young couldn't play in this system. What part of cerebral and discipline intensive don't you people get? He's Jamarcus lite. No accountability. They don't want to work at their craft anymore than Vick did when he came in. They're "athletes" which translates to gunslinger and for them it's all about showing up on Sunday, not Mon-Fri. Even Vick is beginning to return to form (the do anything coaches want talk being replaced by the old arrogance of won't change my game...).

Being a successful QB in this day and age of complex schemes is less about athleticism and more about intelligence and capacity and personal discipline and drive.

People have been trying to show Vince how to conduct himself for some time now. It doesn't ever really sink in. I don't think Fisher is the dean of coaches some make him out to be, but this kid was forced on him by a meddlesome owner who wanted a Texas hero at the helm despite the fact he probably couldn't play at this level. He is incredibly mentally (emotionally if not intellectually) weak and physically fragile which is the kiss of death for the athletic QB...

Fisher is a horrible coach. Hasnt done a thing since McNair left (locked out?) town. Granted they had one good year with Collins. His players are the dirtiest group around. That he hasnt been able to work with and develop Young is hardly surprising - that calls for innovation of which it appears conclusively he is in short supply. Over the course second half of this he had no idea how to use Moss, considered the most dangerous receiver in NFL and in the process lost 8 of 9 games.

The Tennessee owner would be wise to fire him.

LOL Young couldn't play in this system. What part of cerebral and discipline intensive don't you people get? He's Jamarcus lite. No accountability. They don't want to work at their craft anymore than Vick did when he came in. They're "athletes" which translates to gunslinger and for them it's all about showing up on Sunday, not Mon-Fri. Even Vick is beginning to return to form (the do anything coaches want talk being replaced by the old arrogance of won't change my game...).

Vick still has trouble identifying blitzes. It got to the point where it really messed the game plan up to a point that they were seriously thinking of benching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes