PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vince Young offical Wonderlic is 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we're not related?, (Carl Jung-Vienna, Austria).

Just to keep things in perspective. Marino scored a 16. Just in case this thread was headed in the direction that I think it is.

huskeralk said:
Just to keep things in perspective. Marino scored a 16. Just in case this thread was headed in the direction that I think it is.

Well said, Sir. I would probably score higher on that test but can I do any of the following?

a) throw a football accurately?
b) read a defence, pre-snap?
c) work out the coverage while 4-7 men are coming towards me, intent on killing me?
c) avoid the pass rush?
d) motivate 10 adrenaline-fuelled, exhausted, men to work harder, when down by 6 points with 2 minutes to go?

Something tells me that I won't hear my name being called in this year's draft.

huskeralk said:
Can never be sure...but good point..

huskeralk said:

Are you suggesting a racist bent to posts? I think most people are well beyond that.

It didn't even occur to me that I should refrain from poking fun at these guys for being dumb athletes because they are black. I suppose that would be a form of racism too - not "calling the kettle black" as it were.

But yes, for the record, I've always felt Marino was dumb as a post as well - good arm, but never really adapted as a football player - always expecting others to adapt to his system - and yelling at them if they faltered.

JoeSixPat said:
Are you suggesting a racist bent to posts? I think most people are well beyond that.

It didn't even occur to me that I should refrain from poking fun at these guys for being dumb athletes because they are black. I suppose that would be a form of racism too - not "calling the kettle black" as it were.

But yes, for the record, I've always felt Marino was dumb as a post as well - good arm, but never really adapted as a football player - always expecting others to adapt to his system - and yelling at them if they faltered.

No, I am way above ever trying to play the race card. I'm suggesting that alot of people look at a test as stupid as the wonderlic and automatically assume he won't be a good football player because he scored low on it. As far as Marino, he may have played for a rival but he is probably one of the top 3 greatest qbs of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back