PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vilma walks on out Bounty-Gate hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on twitter earlier and my first thought was how hard can it be if he gets it...

Jeff Duncan‏@JeffDuncanTP

Mike Vick's message to rookies about R.Goodell: "This man is the real deal. He don't play. If he asks you a question, answer with honesty."

Pretty sad indictment of today's players as a class when Vick is the voice of reason among NFLPA members. He's living proof that Goodell is all about redemption and second chances, provided you're accountable and take responsibility for tarnishing the shield. Too many high profile players in this league won't tolerate much more discipline than a slap on the wrist, and even then they wail and moan. One of the reasons their post football lives tend to end up a mess, too.

Did I call Vilma those things?
Do you think people who do have some justification, correct or not, to call him that?
How do you then conclude that since some other person called a player on the team you root for names, that it is OK for you to call me a liar when you ask for examples that there are many of, before I even respond.
I said there were examples. You called me a liar. I showed examples you defended calling me a liar because other people called some guy on the Saints names.
Do I really have to explain how far off the track of reality that is?

No you didn't , and I don't think your a lier andy. Its just so frustrating sometimes. Its hard to find anyone with an open mind these days. Everyone is already convicted, and its up to the accused to prove innocence. Not the other way around. It doesn't matter to people that the NFL has released so much false information.
A lot of what you showed me googling was old stuff , just set me off because I posted the answer to that in thread 9. I love your post andy, I really do.

.. and I agree with you. But would add, This entire process from start to now , the fans, the NFL, NFLPA, Goodell , stuff being released, its gone WAY to far off the reality track.
What we need now is people without opinions. People need to clear their heads , take a deep breath, and start from scratch. Because this is going to get a lot worst, we think.
I think you understand NO. SB weekend is going to be a nightmare for Goodell. Im really not sure he will be served in any restaurant , or even aloud to stay in a hotel. As soon as that happens, that place will be boycotted for years, and the businesses know that.
The bounty scandal has fanned the flames of an already fiercely loyal New Orleans Saints fan base - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com

Its hard to talk to our fans about this sometimes, because we are way beyond rational at this point, and saints fans are literally fanatical, win or lose their our boys, don't mess with them. This is not going to be pretty, I promise that. Their are already 80 bill boards payed for for messages for Goodell SB weekend.

But its also hard to talk to other fans about this. I think Pitt has been the most open about it as fans. But they might hate Goodell more than anyone.

This is clearly far off track from reality,lol. Im really trying to make sense of it all, and I wish a lot more people were also.

No you didn't , and I don't think your a lier andy. Its just so frustrating sometimes. Its hard to find anyone with an open mind these days. Everyone is already convicted, and its up to the accused to prove innocence. Not the other way around. It doesn't matter to people that the NFL has released so much false information.
A lot of what you showed me googling was old stuff , just set me off because I posted the answer to that in thread 9. I love your post andy, I really do.

.. and I agree with you. But would add, This entire process from start to now , the fans, the NFL, NFLPA, Goodell , stuff being released, its gone WAY to far off the reality track.
What we need now is people without opinions. People need to clear their heads , take a deep breath, and start from scratch. Because this is going to get a lot worst, we think.
I think you understand NO. SB weekend is going to be a nightmare for Goodell. Im really not sure he will be served in any restaurant , or even aloud to stay in a hotel. As soon as that happens, that place will be boycotted for years, and the businesses know that.
The bounty scandal has fanned the flames of an already fiercely loyal New Orleans Saints fan base - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com

Its hard to talk to our fans about this sometimes, because we are way beyond rational at this point, and saints fans are literally fanatical, win or lose their our boys, don't mess with them. This is not going to be pretty, I promise that. Their are already 80 bill boards payed for for messages for Goodell SB weekend.

But its also hard to talk to other fans about this. I think Pitt has been the most open about it as fans. But they might hate Goodell more than anyone.

This is clearly far off track from reality,lol. Im really trying to make sense of it all, and I wish a lot more people were also.

I'd be willing to bet that we, by and large, hate Goodell more than Steelers fans.

Pherein, I hate to break up your love fest with Andy, but I still don't have your take on the point I brought up. What is the motive for the NFL to make up all this evidence to persecute the Saints. You've heroically tried to prove a conspiracy, yet you haven't provided the MOTIVE. WHY has the league decided to go after the franchise that has so recently best represented the positive effect of having an NFL franchise in your city. Still waiting....

LOL, yeah I love him, he's cool, better poster than me.
I think this is pretty easy. Goodell really thought we had a bounty system. Theres no conspiracy here. They knew the lawsuits were looming, and saw the perfect example to make. They knew GW lied, and assumed SP did.
What better franchise to make an example of and save millions of dollars.
So they did it. Made it very public, and made sure the NFL site and channel had constant coverage.
They knew the coaches had no recourse, and put them under a gag order. Still not sure why Vitt is talking, he must be insane or not care about his future.

and this is the motivation.
Later they realized they don't have any evidence of a bounty system in NO. Opps they jumped the gun. The constant attacks at saints players got out of hand and Saints players reached their boiling point. The players started attacking Goodell and the NFL's evidence, and showing its false.
They never expected that. This was supposed to be a big PR deal to help win lawsuits later.
Now they can't prove or support their position, the NFLPA know this and sees a weakness, and what the NFL releases to try and build public support ,makes them look worse or incompetent.
Their motivation is that the NFL and Goodell does not make mistakes. They are right and everyone else is wrong. Before their motivation was lawsuits, now its changed. Goodells motivation is he's never wrong, and the NFL will release anything , no matter how off the wall to prove that. Their motivation now is damage control, because I think they know now Saints players are not backing down, and have a strong case.

I dont believe for a second Goodell imagined this or being at this point. Hope that helps, and don't think for a second I know what Im talking about , its just a thought.

Last edited:
Goodell's motives are the driven by the same ridiculous,harebrained bias that is demonstrated in THIS post by a member here who shall remain nameless (and one I've come to believe is, in actuality, NOT a Patriots fan at all)...

Originally Posted by ======= View Post
This is about Goodell retaining the power to discipline these clowns without having to watch them bamboozle some arbitrator or judge who thinks he's in court or worse yet some gullible jury

as you can see, Saints players speaking out and defending themselves are "clowns" and therefore, the inference is clearly so are any fans who align themselves with said players...and further, these "clowns" have such a dramatic edge over YOUR local arbitrators or judges that they can and will "bamboozle" these obvious hayseed morons, again because they are so stupid they may "think" they are in their court...AND, perchance, a judge IS in his court, any person from your area serving on any jury is "gullible". It's a broad brush of ignorant, classist garbage. I do NOT ascribe to THIS "benevolent dictator" theory in relation to Goodell. I welcome having the lid ripped off this dog and pony show and the real truth brought to life.I do not believe NFL players are "clowns" as it concerns THEIR right to earn a living, just as I do not believe that any jurisdiction below the Mason/Dixon line is manned by an army of Barney Fifes holding court in Floyd's Barber Shop being bamboozled by Goober and Otis the town drunk.

...But its also hard to talk to other fans about this. I think Pitt has been the most open about it as fans. But they might hate Goodell more than anyone...

Goodell's a clown, and he's trying to remove both "bounty" programs and harmless "good play" pools, which I find to be ridiculous, but the Saints got caught with the hand in the cookie jar in a way that, even if you take the players' side and believe almost everything they claim, seems to be wide open for multiple interpretations.

As a Patriots fan, I can tell you how that's played out in the past.

God, thats so true,lol
TBH pherein, I happen to think the Saints had a Bounty Program dressed as a Pay for Performance/Play scheme. The Saints players have admitted as such. The extent of this scheme and the manner in which it was investigated has me sitting idly waiting for more information to present itself.

From where I sit, I happen to think it's six of one half a dozen of the other. It's hard to know who to believe when you can see merit in both sides of the argument. Establishing who is more correct is the pressing issue in the court of public opinion.

Last edited:
Goodell's a clown, and he's trying to remove both "bounty" programs and harmless "good play" pools, which I find to be ridiculous, but the Saints got caught with the hand in the cookie jar in a way that, even if you take the players' side and believe almost everything they claim, seems to be wide open for multiple interpretations.

As a Patriots fan, I can tell you how that's played out in the past.

Yet, when Sal Alosi and FIVE Jet players were caught on national TV during an NFL game blatantly tripping an opponent,the big fat greasy fingered hand behind it..the HEAD COACH..got off with a simple "I didn't know anything about it"....if Goodell is going to blabber on about the responsibilities of the head coach and GM of the Saints to stop the bounty program , what about the responsibility of THIS head coach to stop blatant, open, in game orchestrated attempts to INJURE NFL players???? Oh wait...all Sean Payton had to say was " I knew nothing about it" and it all goes away without ANY investigation???...because this is exactly what happened with the Alosi incident. Please, who believes for a NY second that Ryan didn't know what was going on...c'mon....Brooklyn Bridges here!!!...get your Brooklyn Bridge...just 500 dollars!

TBH pherein, I happen to think the Saints had a Bounty Program dressed as a Pay for Performance/Play scheme. The Saints players have admitted as such. The extent of this scheme and the manner in which it was investigated has me sitting idly waiting for more information to present itself.

From where I sit, I happen to think it's six of one half a dozen of the other. It's hard to know who to believe when you can see merit in both sides of the argument. Establishing who is more correct is the pressing issue in the court of public opinion.

Its hard for us to, we have to believe the boys are not all liars. I really try to focus on one thing.
Who is saying stuff that later is found to be a lie or wrong.

We lost public opinion long ago, I believe, and we are never going to win this fight. Its not possible from what Ive look up.

But, if the saints players can send a message that Goodell, better watch what he says next time, and make them think twice about doing this to another team again. Fine, we fail , but at least we can be proud of something.

Theres no bounty system in NO aus :) but who know maybe your right,lol

Goodell's motives are the driven by the same ridiculous,harebrained bias that is demonstrated in THIS post by a member here who shall remain nameless (and one I've come to believe is, in actuality, NOT a Patriots fan at all)...

Originally Posted by ======= View Post
This is about Goodell retaining the power to discipline these clowns without having to watch them bamboozle some arbitrator or judge who thinks he's in court or worse yet some gullible jury

as you can see, Saints players speaking out and defending themselves are "clowns" and therefore, the inference is clearly so are any fans who align themselves with said players...and further, these "clowns" have such a dramatic edge over YOUR local arbitrators or judges that they can and will "bamboozle" these obvious hayseed morons, again because they are so stupid they may "think" they are in their court...AND, perchance, a judge IS in his court, any person from your area serving on any jury is "gullible". It's a broad brush of ignorant, classist garbage. I do NOT ascribe to THIS "benevolent dictator" theory in relation to Goodell. I welcome having the lid ripped off this dog and pony show and the real truth brought to life.I do not believe NFL players are "clowns" as it concerns THEIR right to earn a living, just as I do not believe that any jurisdiction below the Mason/Dixon line is manned by an army of Barney Fifes holding court in Floyd's Barber Shop being bamboozled by Goober and Otis the town drunk.

wow nice post, nice work joker.

Yet, when Sal Alosi and FIVE Jet players were caught on national TV during an NFL game blatantly tripping an opponent,the big fat greasy fingered hand behind it..the HEAD COACH..got off with a simple "I didn't know anything about it"....if Goodell is going to blabber on about the responsibilities of the head coach and GM of the Saints to stop the bounty program , what about the responsibility of THIS head coach to stop blatant, open, in game orchestrated attempts to INJURE NFL players???? Oh wait...all Sean Payton had to say was " I knew nothing about it" and it all goes away without ANY investigation???...because this is exactly what happened with the Alosi incident. Please, who believes for a NY second that Ryan didn't know what was going on...c'mon....Brooklyn Bridges here!!!...get your Brooklyn Bridge...just 500 dollars!

Goodell's a clown. He's been inconsistent in his penalties. That's not going to save the Saints.

And, if the Saints are truly guilty of a bounty pool, and not just a performance pool, they're getting off light.

edit: I just noticed the time, and I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I've got to get my insomniac butt to sleep. So, y'all have a good chat and my apologies if you had something else to bounce off me. I'll try to get to any of it in the morning, if I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back