PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT? Vikings work out mystery WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewaylifeshouldbe

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
PFT posted the byline, here is the direct link to the story-

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflg...ntent_id=A7146864-5AEF-4B27-8FBD-8BF4A6E7296D

A lot of speculation lately on the WR position and whether or not the team was going to look at bringing in Deion Branch of the New England Patriots. Well today the team had a mystery WR working out on the side, prompting Marcus Robinson to joke about getting cut. Coach Childress would not identify the player, so we'll have to wait and see if a roster move is made.

Apparently a "secret" receiver worked out for them today.

Last edited:
I think we can narrow it down to either Deion Branch or Randy Vataha. :D

Per Doctolero on KFAN, former San Francisco 1st Round bust WR Rashaun Woods was practicing with the Vikes today. Apparently, he was all buddy buddy on the sideline today with his old receiving coach Darrell Wyatt, who just so happens to be our receivers coach. Not that unexpected or exciting, he's depth if in fact the ink is drying on his contract as we speak.
Found that on a Vikes board.

It was probably Chris Carter wanting to take another shot at it.

i really hope it was Brach, the vikings FO is absolutely terrible. Bring on the 1st round picks.

Kdo5 said:
Found that on a Vikes board.
well that blows.

I was hoping it was Branch.

I would be thrilled to see him leave for a 1st round pick.

I'd rather keep Branch. I dont want to jinx this situation by saying he will come back after Friday but as of now, they have 1 full day left and they are running out of time to negotiate. Branch back...contract or no contract, I feel good about it.

I don't think Branch can work out for another team while he's under contract with New England.

It was probably Freddie Mitchell, and they kept it a secret so their fans won't laugh at them.

Look - if you're going to talk about the Vikings being interested in Deion we might as well have 31 threads for all the different teams ;)

(or so I was told when posting speculation that the Vikings, given Koren Robinson's suspension, were a possible landing place for Branch)

Last edited:
or perhaps Jerry Rice has decided to end his graduation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back