PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vick Goes To Kansas Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Vick transferred to a prison in Kansas where he will participate in a drug treatment program. Upon successful completion of the program, he could receive up to one year off of his sentence.
He is either really puffing like a madman, kind of Bob Marleyish, as marijuana is not very addictive, tho a very small percentage of people can get hooked. I've never heard of Vick use of any other stimulant, so I'm guessing its smoke. On the other hand, he may just be scheming to get out early, which I would hedge my bet on.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/01/07/bc.fbn.vick.prison.ap/index.html

Scheming is right - but the scheming went on before he got sentenced, let alone before he entered prison. Think about it - the lawyers say you're going down for up to 3 years, we can't be sure. But, if you get caught smoking dope we can guarantee that you will get a year off any sentence the judge doles out, otherwise you may end up serving every day.

Yep, getting high just got Mike a shorter prison term. Life's beautiful, eh, Ron Mexico?

federal time is a minimum of %80 of your sentence. they have it mixed up. when you are convicted of a federal crime, your sentence is meant to be full. only those with non-violent and extremely long sentences can get the parole eligibility. unlike state prisons, when the feds sentence you, they intend for you to do the time. if you read the article is says "Upon successful completion of the program, nonviolent offenders may be granted up to one year of early release.". in this case, nonviolent does not mean that they were not violent while in jail, it is a classification of the crime, and up to one year would mean that someone convicted for about seven years would get the one year off, while vick could possibly get a few months if is crime had been non-violent.

FYI, in a state prison you can get up to %50 off. if it is a violent crime, all violent crimes in state prison are minimum %80 of time served, and most of the time they will not grant parole anyway unless it is an extremely long sentence compared to the crime. only those convicted of level 2 or 3 offenses (level 1 will not get you jailtime), are eligible for a fifty percent parole eligibility.

so i guess what i'm saying is that the writer did not do his research and jumped to conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes