PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vick gets 23-Months in Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
he will get out in 19months aslong as he is on good behavior..and he could get out in 9 and do the rest in a halfway house if he admits himself into a drug program...Ive seen people kill people and get 2-3yrs for manslaugher..so 23months for killing some dogs is kinda lame, but nowadays, killing a dog is much more worse then killing a human being, drunk driving, rape, and a bunch of other things..this country is a joke.

OK, this is crazy. Killing and torturing dogs is inhumane, but I just looked this up and Leonard Little (with the Rams) back in 1998 was drunk driving, hit and killed a woman who was a mother, and he only got 90 days in jail, 4 years probation, and suspended half an NFL season. Isn't Vick's sentence going way overboard? How can you only get 90 days in jail for killing a mother, a human being, and 2 years in jail for dogs?

To add to what I wrote above, harming animals is cruel but how come crazy dog lovers aren't getting up in arms over other animals? I read this over on ESPN:

"...then what do you do to the rednecks who hunt other animals.. I would say that shooting deer from 400 yards and letting the deer squirm until you cap it in the head (not to mention all this is for fun/sport - its not like they have to eat it) is also cruel and unusual punishment... or I could bring up other animals like Quail that are shot for fun using shotguns with pellets... do you think that this is mistreating them too? Bottom line is they are all animals you can not create one class of animals to be more important than another so if you are going to raise all this hell b/c of dog killing then you better do it for all the other animals too... "

To add to what I wrote above, harming animals is cruel but how come crazy dog lovers aren't getting up in arms over other animals? I read this over on ESPN:

"...then what do you do to the rednecks who hunt other animals.. I would say that shooting deer from 400 yards and letting the deer squirm until you cap it in the head (not to mention all this is for fun/sport - its not like they have to eat it) is also cruel and unusual punishment... or I could bring up other animals like Quail that are shot for fun using shotguns with pellets... do you think that this is mistreating them too? Bottom line is they are all animals you can not create one class of animals to be more important than another so if you are going to raise all this hell b/c of dog killing then you better do it for all the other animals too... "

On the same note...

You don’t even want to know what they do to the animals in slaughter houses. :eek:

I don’t know if the laws have tightened up since then (with freaks like PETA running around), but I seen a video about the inhumane treatment of those animals back in H.S, and it was pretty disturbing.

I do agree though... that what Vick (and his crew of Thugs) did (while horrible) is really not all that different than hunting for sport/fun.

Don’t get me wrong, I do not feel sorry for him (personally)... I just think the punishment is definitely harsh enough. Calling for a stiffer punishment would be letting "emotion" get in the way of "reason". There has to be a line between HUMAN and CANINE (or any other non human animal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back