Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Verizon...please read and respond...much appreciated.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by bruinator, Jun 19, 2007.

1. bruinator

bruinator Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Time to vent......here goes. On July 7th I called verizon to sign up for a bundle package of phone, dsl, direct tv. I have 2 phone lines one with dsl connected to a line and 1 without so I got rid of one line and put dsl on my other line thus eliminating 1 line. The direct tv guy came on Monday the 11th and the dsl switch comes on Thur. the 14th. The phone guys ger here on Thur and ask me where the jack going that I need installed so I replied I don't know where you get that info cause that's not what I what done so I told them what I needed and they did it no problem.

With this new bundle package with dsl speed is to increase from 768 KB to 3 Meg. So after the change I am getting speeds of 32 KB. So I called verizon and explained to them the situation that day and they said that there was something they needed to do at the central office and that it would take a couple of hours which was at 2:30 I was told this. So at 6:30 I rebooted my router, modem , PC to get me new speed to no avail. I call them at 7 and explained the situation and they say to me the conversion hasn't completed yet and it will be done by friday morning when I wake up so I say no problem.

Friday rolls around and I wake up to reboot everything still no speed increase so I call verizon again and talked to a tech support supervisor and she tells me the conversion should be complete by 2:00 and I may have to have have a tech come out to the house causing me to call in sick. 2:00 rolls around still no speed increase so I call verizon again and talked to a sup and they say a tech will be out to the house before 7:00, does one show up, no so I call back verizon again to talk to a sup and they said there is nothing they could do because they close at 7:00 so I start screaming at this person saying I am getting screwed so they end up calling there central office on the west coast because they where still open. So someone on the WC calls me back at 8:00 PM saying she try to get someone to come out on Sat morning but she's not in until 7 AM WC time which would be 10 Am my time and she would call me 1st thing when she got in on Sat. so it's 10:15 my time, does she call at all, hell no, does a techie show up all weekend, hell no.

Monday rolls around so I expect to see a techie 1st thing in the morning to no avail. I call up verizon again to explain the situation to a sup that i was pissed off because I had to call in sick again to wait around for them a-holes. they tell me someone will be out between 10-5. Do they show up hell no. I have them call the central office at 5 and they send someone out at 7:30 PM saying that there was a communication problem with the phone line not a dsl problem and that the need to replace a part so they guy shuts my phone off all night because there was something that the central office needs to do and that I should be up and running with new speed by 10:00 today.

I wake up today reboot everything expecting new speed, do I have it hell no so I call up *****ing to them again this morning with them telling me a techie needs to fix the problem with the line that the supposedly fixed last night. At this point I am totally bull **** with verizon and screamed at them. After getting off the phone with them I went to my local verizon office and ran into one of there techies and explained to them my problem so he calls his foreman and explain to them how i am getting screwed around so the techie calls my local foreman of my town to tell me whats going on via voice mail. He tells me to expect a call from the foreman within an hour and if I don't hear from him to call the foreman myself, which I did and I get his voicemail as well. I then call verizon again and get a supervisor on the line to explain the situation so they call the foreman of the techie who was here last night to find out what the guy did. The supervisor then calls me back saying the got in touch with the techie and will send a guy out to check on the line again and that I didn't need to be home. So I go out for a couple of hours and get home hoping to see a speed increase, do I get it, hell no. I now call back verizon supervisor to explain the situation and they tell me a tech was there but there was no one to let him in and I said WHAT, you a-holes told me I didn't have to be and that they will send some one out tonight. Did he ever show up, hell no.

I call the Sup again and explained the situation and said more than likely they won't show up tonight and they'll more than likely show up in the morning. I am at my wits end with these a-holes and don't know what else do and am looking for some advise from you guys on what else to do? Yes, I already told them I would cancel my service multiple times but they don't seem to care.

What can I do? I appreciate any help.

2. bevster

bevster PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: OT...Verizon... please read and respond..much appreciated.

Maybe you should try to be more patient. Why don't you try calling one of the supervisors?

3. bruinator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You don't read well, do you? Either that or you don't understand english.

4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,271 / 6 / -19

#61 Jersey

This thread doesn't belong in the football forum. Next time, take it to the Pub forum where non-football OT subjects belong. Moderators?

5. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

You need a manager,,,,the supervisors boss....email this story to them (ask the manager for his/her email address). Be nice to the manager - tell them you really need their help and you want to send them an email explaining how badly you have been treated for such a simple task

Then - when you get it all resolved.....start really complaining about how much time you lost due to their incompetency and lies. At that point, if they wot make it up to you - blow the place up.

6. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +415 / 31 / -48

#50 Jersey

Well, Not sure who told you that you didn't need to be there for DSL tech help, but that person was incorrect. When I had DSL, I ALWAYS had to be there because there are things both inside and outside they have to do to troubleshoot situations.

A few questions for you:
    1) How old is your house? A lot of times, in houses over 15 years old, the problem is with your internal wiring.

2) Have they done a node trace? They should be able to run a remote test to figure out the length of line from their node to your house. If its over 15000 ft, you won't get the 3Megabits. Also, this forces them to test their own lines, which they may not have done.

3) What are you using to test your speeds?

4) Next time you call, immediately ask for Level 2 support. Also, get the name of each person you talk to. Then write a formal complaint. Verizon DOES actually care. I had issues with them and they comped me 2 months of my FIOS and one month of telephone service. Tell them that you expect to have a month comped.

7. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

I think Bevster was trying to be sarcastic there.

Call the, up one more time. Stay calm or they won't help you. Make sure you ask for the names of all of the people you speak with (the operator, the supervisor, etc). The next time they give you the run around, contact all relavent local autoorities, the better business bureau, the local papers, etc., and cite names, dates, etc.

If they are going to F you in the A, do the same right back to them.

8. bruinator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

1. House is over 40 years old.

2. Both supervisor and field tech foreman (he checked) told me I qualified for 3 Meg.

3. Speakeasy.com, dslreports.com, speedtest.net

4. According to verizon, I have talked to the highest level of support. I even demanded to speak to supervisors mgr but the wont let me saying it is impossible.

9. mcsully

mcsully In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

Here is the problem, you are getting the run around. I've worked in the industry for years and here is what you need to do

Call Verizon and as soon as someone picks up the phone, you ask their name. Write it down. Second, have them review your open case ticket or history. MAKE SURE THEY REVIEW IT. At this point ask for status and an ETR (estimated time of repair). Once they offer you a solution, you explain in a nice calm voice and request to speak to a manager or floor manager. Don't take the operators suggestions or anything.. Ask for a manger.
    If they don't provide that to you, then you tell them you are calling the BBB.
    When you get the managers name (cause they'll give it to you now), you ask for their direct number or extension. When you speak to a manager, again explain your history and ask for a status on the ticket.

WHEN YOU GET A MANAGER on the phone, ask them if there is an escalation procedure (i was a lucent switch engineer so I'm not sure about the procedures on DSL.. Every department has their own escalation procedure).
    .. Escalations usually go in 5 levels.. 1 being low, 5 being a presidental escalation.

What your goal is, from my point of view, is to get that ticket noticed by the same person. You don't want to be bounced around like you are.

BTW - A central office is not going to call you. A central office is just a central location where all the equipment is housed for a general area. Only techs are going to be there.. And there is no way a customer is talking to a tech in a central office..

My gut feeling is they offered a service to you they can't provide. This happens sometimes with DSL. DSL is limited by the range and if you live out that range, you won't get the service you are paying for.

One last note, when this gets resolved, ask for full credit on the service. You'll get that..

Hope that helps

10. bruinator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

thanks for all the reponses guys, my bad..bevster...sorry if that was the case.

11. mcsully

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

Agree with everything DaBruinz said but wirring won't be an issue. DSL runs on copper wire. And everything is copper. Only issue you might have if u have fiber in the area.

12. bruinator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

thanks, it does and i'll try asking for a manager but every time I do they say there is none and they can't get in touch with one which of course is BS.

13. mcsully

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

1. Age is not important.

2. If a tech told you that you qualify for 3 meg, then you are gold.

3. Those are the correct websites

4. U don't want tech SUPPORT.. you want a manager or floor manager. And the same person. Request for escalation procedures.
    Be polite and state you are paying for a service you are not receiving and state u will file a complaint to the BBB.

14. mcsully

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

If you can't get a manager you ask for a floor supervisor. Ask for the person in charge. If they don't and i've done this in the past, suggest (as soon as you make the operator picks up) that you are recording the conversation and will notify the FCC and BBB of the issue if things aren't resolved.

What ever u do, DON"T HANG UP THE PHONE.. Be nice and don't take no for an answer. Verizon operator stats are monitored and disconnects on their end are a big no no..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  15. bruinator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

McSully, Great suggestions....you are Awesome. Thank you and everyone else very much.

16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I know how angry this guy feels... I've been there before as well.

You do have to just count to 10... and do some deep breathing.

Don't get caught up in the emotion at the time... as this will just make everything much worse.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  17. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +114 / 2 / -3

Yeah - but I've heard all kinds of horror stories about Verizon... they are having a very tough time and need to compete with Cox and cable operators - that's making the prices competitive but they are not able to fulfill their promises on speed and service.

My friends in CT are always losing their connection with DSL and hate it. And 800 kbs is not even close to high speed.

Cox is usually at 4 - 5 Mbs for normal service and even offer premium service at 15 Mbs though it seems to me that's excessive - I download movies but have no problem waiting a few hours.

So I'd use this opportunity to get out of the contract if there's some other options available such as Cox or other cable providers.

18. bruinator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, I finally got this solved. After finally getting off the phone with verizon telling me that I needed a techie and they were giving me the run around again, I went to my town central office and caught 2 techies heading to their truck, explained the situation to them and they were kind enough to come over my house to fix the issue (one was a hot babe I might add) at once. Took a simple 1/2 hour and they were out of here. I complained to verizon billing and i am now getting 3 months free dsl. I guess it helps to b!tch.

19. bruinator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Funnier story...just after I typed the above, verizon finally sends someone to fix my problem and just disconnected my phone until I screamed at the guy and told him someone already came and to put the f'ing service back on and they have a sh!tty communication methods at this company. They are the biggest joke I have ever dealt with.

*** STAY THE 'F' AWAY FROM THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY ****

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  20. bruinator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

hi Guys, thanks for all the help as your suggestions worked awesome. I do have 1 question though. When I first talked to verizon I told the the first CSR that I was recording the phone call. When I asked for the supervisor she immediately got on the phone and said if I am recording the call she has to terminate the call right now because it is against company policy but I had no answer for her.

How do you guys think I should have replied to her? I really appreciate the responses.

thanks