PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vault Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who enjoy awesome, previously unreleased, live recording gems from yesteryear (60's and 70's) when rock ruled, you got to check this out.

I've been listening all morning and this stuff is truly amazing.

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/

Click on "Vault Radio" for streaming audio.

While it is amazing, and somewhat non-mainstream rock, I have been trying to find some very obscure music to download, surprisingly hard to find. Currently subscribe to Lime Rock and sometimes successful dependent on the time of day, however those little songs that are obscure are hard to find. For example been trying to find, Positively 4th st. but Johnny Rivers.

Bill Graham was a genius.

GJAJ15 said:
While it is amazing, and somewhat non-mainstream rock, I have been trying to find some very obscure music to download, surprisingly hard to find. Currently subscribe to Lime Rock and sometimes successful dependent on the time of day, however those little songs that are obscure are hard to find. For example been trying to find, Positively 4th st. but Johnny Rivers.

Bill Graham was a genius.

Graham was, indeed, a genius. Any music lover owes this guy big time.

If you are looking to download great, often times, obscure music, might I suggest you partake in usenet, or newsgroups as some call them. I have been uploading/downloading in newsgroups for many years, looking for different and unique material that is either out of print, or very hard to find, such as bootlegs and what not.

The newsgroups you'd be interested in are designated as follows:

alt.binaries.sounds.xxxxxxxxxx, where xxxxxxxxxx is specific to genre, type or even quality of music.

For example, a very popular newsgroup is alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.misc. Another is alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1970s, or alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1950s or alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.blues. Yet another very active one is alt.binaries.sounds.misc. If you have a particular request you could post in alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.requests and someone might upload your request for you if you ask politely.

If you want more info you can email me at [email protected] and I can help you out. I may even have sme Johnny Rivers kicking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes