PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT+/-: USC hit hard with sanctions by NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Two year postseason ban, forfeiture of all games won while Bush was in violation of NCAA rules (including 2005 BCS Championship win over Oklahoma) and reduction of 30 scholarships over the next two years.

Included here because of the Pete Carroll connection, of course. If the mods think it's too OT, I assume they'll move it.

USC punished with two-year football postseason ban - ESPN Los Angeles

Two year postseason ban, forfeiture of all games won while Bush was in violation of NCAA rules (including 2005 BCS Championship win over Oklahoma) and reduction of 30 scholarships over the next two years.

Included here because of the Pete Carroll connection, of course. If the mods think it's too OT, I assume they'll move it.

Take away their first rounder... oh wait...

I read 10 per year for 3 years, but it's 30 either way.

Last edited:

It's a twisted system where guys like Carroll and Calipari can cheat the system left and right and then just jump ship when they want to free and clear, while the schools suffer the consequences.

I guess he learned a lot from Bobby Grier....... :cool:

Well now we know why Pete left his beloved college game...

Well now we know why Pete left his beloved college game...

Writing was on the wall a year ago when Tim Floyd left as their basketball coach, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Carroll was just biding his time last season until a head coach job offer came along.

At least USC won't have to worry about this being front page, top of the broadcast story for long with the Big 12's possible implosion :rolleyes:

Writing was on the wall a year ago when Tim Floyd left as their basketball coach, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Carroll was just biding his time last season until a head coach job offer came along.

At least USC won't have to worry about this being front page, top of the broadcast story for long with the Big 12's possible implosion :rolleyes:

As near as I can tell, the VIPs have their hands on the detonator. . . .

One other thing worth noting; apparently "showtime" is over for the football and men's basketball teams:

The committee is troubled by the institution's failure to regulate access to practices and facilities, including locker rooms. Therefore, for the period of probation, USC shall prohibit all non-institutional personnel, including representatives of the institution's athletics interests (except media, family members and others approved by the compliance office on a case-by-case basis), from doing the following:
a. Traveling on football and men's basketball team charters;
b. Attending football and men's basketball team practices;
c. Attending or participating in any way with institutional football and men's basketball camps, including the donation of funds to the camps; and
d. Having access to sidelines and locker rooms before, during and after football and men's basketball games. Exceptions may be granted by the compliance office to prospective student-athletes and their families on official paid visits or unofficial visits. The exceptions must be stated in writing and issued by compliance personnel.

For their sake, I hope NFL scouts are allowed during the four years of probation. . . .

One other thing worth adding:

The NCAA also has a by-law that says that any player whose remaining eligibility completely coincides with a postseason ban can transfer to another I-A school without having to sit out a year. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes