PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Unintentional Manning Joke....

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Lloyd Christmas:

Jesus said to turn the other cheek,
Manning thought that's what the female trainer said......

:rofl: good one!

What a way to start the morning! Thanks for the chuckles everyone! Quite a relief from "weightier" issues!

Jesus shared wine near Galilee.
Peyton always whines to the referee.

Jesus blessed our souls and forgave us our sins.
Peyton would sell his soul for a few playoff wins.

Last edited:
I stopped at a Subway for lunch. As I was sitting there, this kid, about 13 and his grandfather walked in. The kid had a blue Colts #18 jersey on. I looked at it with a little glare then I thought of this thread and started to laugh. Both the grandfather and kid looked at me like I was crazy.

So, I was leaving and walked bye their table. I stopped and told them that I was a Patriots fan. And when I saw his jersey I thought about something funny I had just read about Peyton.

Then I couldn't resist. I said: "Son, be careful eating that sandwich with Peytons jersey on, you might start choking." Neither thought it was funny. I looked back as I left and they both had that 'what an *******" look on their faces.

They are right. Doing smack with a 13 year old at a Subway.:eek: Maybe I need a break from all this football stuff- NOT!

Last edited by a moderator:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Lloyd Christmas:

Jesus said to turn the other cheek,
Manning thought that's what the female trainer said......

You improved on it... excellent!

PFinVA ... good stuff... and to think we both are stuck here in Virginia with nothing better to do than make Peyton parables.

PATSNUTme said:
I stopped at a Subway for lunch. As I was sitting there, this kid, about 13 and his grandfather walked in. The kid had a blue Colts #18 jersey on. I looked at it with a little glare then I thought of this thread and started to laugh. Both the grandfather and kid looked at me like I was crazy.

So, I was leaving and walked bye their table. I stopped and told them that I was a Patriots fan. And when I saw his jersey I thought about something funny I had just read about Peyton.

Then I couldn't resist. I said: "Son, be careful eating that sandwich with Peytons jersey on, you might start choking." Neither thought it was funny. I looked back as I left and they both had that 'what an *******" look on their faces.

They are right. Doing smack with a 13 year old at a Subway.:eek: Maybe I need a break from all this football stuff- NOT!

Hey, it's OK. I saw a dad and his kid with Peyton jersey on once. . .I went up to the dad and said something to the effect of: "hey, dontcha know that making your kid go out in public dressed like a loser is akin to child abuse?" I didn't wait around for a response, but I'm sure it probably wasn't nice!

PATSNUTme said:
All you can say is ........ PRICELESS.

Tunescribe said:
Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacekeepers."

Peyton said, "Blessed are the timekeepers." (officials)

niiiiiice!

Jesus: read sign above the cross, accepted his fate.
Manning: Didn't read the defense on the crossing pattern, accepted his fate.

milwaukeebeers44 said:
Hey, it's OK. I saw a dad and his kid with Peyton jersey on once. . .I went up to the dad and said something to the effect of: "hey, dontcha know that making your kid go out in public dressed like a loser is akin to child abuse?" I didn't wait around for a response, but I'm sure it probably wasn't nice!

This was in Dover NH. I think it is the first time I've ever seen an Colts jersey being wore in this area.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
So a poster on the Indy board starts a thread:

And the first reply he gets back is:
:rofl:

"************ died for our sins"
"Peyton Manning choked for our Patriots".

I think it's great how alot of the people posting on this thread love to absolutely cry a river anytime someone throws politics in with a thread. Alot of you love to tear those posters to shreds and whine to the moderators. Now, alot of you are doing the same thing. Bringing religion on to a FOOTBALL forum, then comparing one of the most hated men in all of PATRIOT Nation to the son of GOD. That's great. Classy move.
I really love the pic of a man depicted as Jah being crucified posted next to a pic of Peyton Manning throwing his arms up in disgust. GREEAAT! I totally see the irony and resemblance.
To those of you who don't throw a fit whenever someone posts a thread that might be just a little off topic, then I apologize. This reply isn't meant for you.

holyredeemer said:
I think it's great how alot of the people posting on this thread love to absolutely cry a river anytime someone throws politics in with a thread. Alot of you love to tear those posters to shreds and whine to the moderators. Now, alot of you are doing the same thing. Bringing religion on to a FOOTBALL forum, then comparing one of the most hated men in all of PATRIOT Nation to the son of GOD. That's great. Classy move.
I really love the pic of a man depicted as Jah being crucified posted next to a pic of Peyton Manning throwing his arms up in disgust. GREEAAT! I totally see the irony and resemblance.
To those of you who don't throw a fit whenever someone posts a thread that might be just a little off topic, then I apologize. This reply isn't meant for you.

This is not an off-topic thread as far as the football forum goes. Off-topic regarding the Patriots? Certainly. But at least it DOES have an NFL football theme, which makes it more or less tolerable here. I think that's the essential difference. What seems a little misplaced is your sense of pious judgment. Don't you see the humor afoot here? Even God has a sense of humor.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
This is not an off-topic thread as far as the football forum goes. Off-topic regarding the Patriots? Certainly. But at least it DOES have an NFL football theme, which makes it more or less tolerable here. I think that's the essential difference. What seems a little misplaced is your sense of pious judgment. Don't you see the humor afoot here? Even God has a sense of humor.

First of all, no I don't see the humor in it. But, That's not my problem with this thread. My problem is the fact that I clearly remember a thread (I believe NEM posted it), regarding a group of people wearing Patriots merchandise and voicing their opinions on illegal immigrants. It was football related, just as much as this atleast. Unfortunately, it wasnt really funny and took a serious side, so he got blasted. That's what I am trying to get at it.
I'm not going to get into an argument over whether or not GOD has a sense of humor or not. That's up to whatever you and others believe. So anybody reading this, please don't take this the wrong way. I am not complaining about the religious side of it. Afterall, I am the one who said everyone can post whatever they like because they have the freedom of speech. Just trying to point out a fact.

holyredeemer said:
I was kinda waiting for this. No disrespect to any religious beliefs, creed or faith, was intended in this thread. I'm a deeply spiritual man, with a hearty sense of humor. The giggle was that it was a Colts fan that was comparing Yeshua Ben Yosef to Mr. Manning, and the response to his request for more comparisons, was quite contrary to what he was looking for.

To me, the posts that continued the theme of the original reply, comparing Manning and the Colts, to figures and events in the Bible in an unfavorable way, were not poking fun at the Christian Faith. They were poking fun at the audacity, arrogance, and foolishness of the original Colts fan poster to make such a ridiculous comparison in the first place.

Does that make sense? I intended no offense, and I don't believe any of the other Pats fans posters did either, to anyone other than Colts fans. :)

[SIZE=-1] Dicit Lux
[/SIZE]

Ahh, I see. Your problem is not the religous nature of it, but the fact that nobody complained about it.

I misunderstood your original post... that's why the edits ClosingTime made to it made it sound preachy. :D

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ahh, I see. Your problem is not the religous nature of it, but the fact that nobody complained about it.

I misunderstood your original post... that's why the edits ClosingTime made to it made it sound preachy. :D

Yeah, you got it. I don't have a problem with your thread or the point of it really. It's just that over the past few months, this board has been full of some hardcore moaning about some of the most petty little things. But someone hangs a pic of Jesus being crucified next to one of Peyton Manning, and no one throws out even a squeak. It really blows my mind. Can't post anything about Bush or anything political for that matter, but the man that many consider their savior?? GO FOR IT! ;) I'm just really wondering what happened to our ever diligent forum nazi's.....they're M.I.A. It worries me. :horn:

holyredeemer said:
Yeah, you got it. I don't have a problem with your thread or the point of it really. It's just that over the past few months, this board has been full of some hardcore moaning about some of the most petty little things. But someone hangs a pic of Jesus being crucified next to one of Peyton Manning, and no one throws out even a squeak. It really blows my mind. Can't post anything about Bush or anything political for that matter, but the man that many consider their savior?? GO FOR IT! ;) I'm just really wondering what happened to our ever diligent forum nazi's.....they're M.I.A. It worries me. :horn:

It's in the eye of the beholder. I can understand that a devout Christian would have a problem with the image posted.

I have been inthe vangard of the people who jumps on political post ( not anymore - if Ian doesn't care why should I) However the thread about the illegals wearing Patriot shirts I didn't think was political and said so. NEM didn't get blasted. The people who took a non-political thread and couldn't resist bringing partsian politics into it did get blasted.

The ones who whine and cry about wha tis and what isn't OT threads are the real hypocrites. They want to be the arbitrator of what is or what isn't. But, in fact with them, it comes down only to who does and who doesn't. Those are the real morons.

Like I said in the beginning- it's in the eye of the beholder. Some beholders are just dumb.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
This was in Dover NH. I think it is the first time I've ever seen an Colts jersey being wore in this area.

Ah, mine was in Atlanta, GA- the city that no one is actually FROM. Tons of transplants, so I see a Manning jersey every now and then.

Of course, I've never seen a Colts jersey other than a Manning jersey (outside of maybe a Unitas throwback). I wonder if he's got some deal with apparel companies that they can only market his jerseys, else it will ruin his fragile little ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back