PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Unhappy Burress refuses to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. The giants fans, who have universally handled SB 42 like total asswipes, should only know pain next year with their team.

Good. The giants fans, who have universally handled SB 42 like total asswipes, should only know pain next year with their team.

Part of me really wishes the Giants return to the SB for a rematch, but your scenario is more likely. I can't believe this perennially mediocre franchise pulled a month of championship football out of their butts.

Last edited:
Giants reminds me of the Colts. I can't be surprised because Eli is Peyton's brother. After Giants defeated Pats, we see the following things:

1-Coughlin is still a HC even though every NY fans and medias WANTED to see him FIRED last year.
2-Their D coordinator is the HIGHEST PAID person in NFL.
3-Tyree wanted Harrison to put some words in his new book. I'm sure he met somebody who influenced his spiritiual and work too. Why Harrison.? Harrison is a Pats player. It's really special for him! LOL
4-Giants's players don't want to practice UNTIL they receive a new contract.

It's satisfying for them to beat Pats and they don't give a sh!t from now on.

Last edited:
Part of me really wishes the Giants return to the SB for a rematch, but your scenario is more likely. I can't believe this perennially mediocre franchise pulled a month of championship football out of their butts.

Yea, me too. But my money is on Tampa Bay Vs. Patriots.

Dallas will be Romo'd
Giants will return to earth and get beat by Tampa
Geen Bay won't show
and
Seattle, well they are going to loose. ;)

Three years ago Burress signed a six-year contract for $25 million. He got a contract with $8.25 million in guaranteed bonuses, paying $11.38 million in the first two years and $14.6 million in the first three years (through this season). So it looks like he's scheduled to make about $3.2 million this year and about $3.5 per year for each of the next three years. It's as if he's looking at those numbers and conveniently forgetting the $5 million signing bonus from 2005 and the $3.25 roster bonus in the spring of 2006.

Oh, and surprise, surprise, his agent is Drew Rosenhaus.

Ah, contract disputes...the price of winning.

It just shows these guys aren't about the money the way they handle money. LMAO you call that a contract when you sitting out with 3 years left on it?

I don't think he cares about a new deal. He just doesn't want to practice. He doesn't need to be in shape to be thrown jump balls all game.

i think the giants are a borderline playoff team at this point, and if Burress does hold out they will finish at best 3rd in the east.

yes they have...the media wanted the coach fired and eli manning off the team early in the season. now all of a sudden they are both amazing. and the giants fans who never were heard from now are all over the place. same with the people who said the giants would win...i dont think i talked to one person who picked the giants in that game until after it was over. well ok i did talk to one but that was during the game......

Im sure other teams were saying the same thing about Asante this time leat year

Sadly greed is rife in this sport ... very rare to have team loyalty which makes Brady's salary sacrifices even more admirable

If they lose Burress....they are not making playoffs unless they get another major reciever.

If they lose Burress....they are not making playoffs unless they get another major reciever.

I agree....with the loss of Strahan and possibly Shockey....they will go at best 8-8....

Im sure other teams were saying the same thing about Asante this time leat year

Sadly greed is rife in this sport ... very rare to have team loyalty which makes Brady's salary sacrifices even more admirable
Maybe we should all pass a hat for poor Tom Brady.

Another major,tall receiver. Plax was a major reason for Eli's success too-I'm not sure which would be better...beating the Giants in the SB or watching them just sort of fade away:D

Another major,tall receiver. Plax was a major reason for Eli's success too-I'm not sure which would be better...beating the Giants in the SB or watching them just sort of fade away:D

IMO both!!

Should Plax become a Patriot thread starting in 5...4...3...2....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back