PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: UNH 34 Northwestern 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Fungi

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The 1-AA University of New Hampshire Wildcats went to Northwestern and blew out the 1-A home team 34-17 today.

UNH Junior QB Ricky Santos threw for 2 TDs and ran for 2 TDs.

This kid will be playing in the NFL in 2 years.

Now where is that Bills/Northwestern idiot when you need him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262520077

Last edited:
Flying Fungi said:
The 1-AA University of New Hampshire Wildcats went to Northwestern and blew out the 1-A home team 34-17 today.

UNH Junior QB Ricky Santos threw for 2 TDs and ran for 2TDs.

A good day to be an alumnus

Well shucks, and little ol Troy scared the pants off big bad FL State, love those underdog stories.

Flying Fungi said:

And both those TD passes went to WR David Ball, a senior, that is about to break a number of Jerry Rice's college records.

bishbash said:
And both those TD passes went to WR David Ball, a senior, that is about to break a number of Jerry Rice's college records.

saw that--I'd love to see him get a shot at the big leagues--Dan Kreider has held his own, as has Jerry Azumah

that Santos kid though--70TDs/19INTs in his freshman and sophmore years leading into this year, and I know he has double-digit rushing TDs...I'm amazed that no top programs grabbed him...

if anyone wants a great old-time football experience, UNH is a great place to see a game and tailgate--park in a field, small stadium in a little New Hampshire town...good time...

Flying Fungi said:
saw that--I'd love to see him get a shot at the big leagues--Dan Kreider has held his own, as has Jerry Azumah

that Santos kid though--70TDs/19INTs in his freshman and sophmore years leading into this year, and I know he has double-digit rushing TDs...I'm amazed that no top programs grabbed him...

if anyone wants a great old-time football experience, UNH is a great place to see a game and tailgate--park in a field, small stadium in a little New Hampshire town...good time...

You think maybe, just maybe, Belichick is keeping an eye on Santos and Ball? ;)

Last edited:
Isnt this the Pats board?

Flying Fungi said:

PM the (soon to be) two-time loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digger44 said:
Isnt this the Pats board?
Right this discussion should be in the draft forum - just like all the draft threads stayed in the draft forum in the offseason. Lighten up Francis.

ctpatsfan77 said:
You think maybe, just maybe, Belichick is keeping an eye on Santos and Ball? ;)

He should be. I'm tired of these WRs who are ath-a-letes, but nothing more.

A great win for UNH no doubt but you have to figure that Northwestern is in for a very long season after the sudden and tragic death of Randy Walker.

nhpatsfan said:
I second that :)

Stupid question related to the game. I was in the car listening on XM and with 8 minutes left Northwestern was down by 17 (three scores) and had 4th down deep in UNH territory. They went for it and failed. My question, why not go for the FG and get it to a two score game? IIRC they were at the ten yd line and it was 4th and goal or so so it wasn't a gimme and unless their FG was so bad they were going to fail from that distance, it seems that you take the gimme and it's a lot easier to get two scores with that much time left.
I guess that's why I'm not coaching.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes