PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ultimate respect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgraw_wv

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With 3 minutes to go, the Colts down by two scores, I was still nervous as heel thinking, this is going to be the most epic come back and launch Manning in to the Greatest ever.

Even down 14 points with almost no time, I couldn't help but think, oh man, he is still going to get this done.

I know they didn't, but I felt like other fans must have felt throughout 01-07 with Brady having the ball.

I think it's amazing that Manning, down 14 and 3 minutes, I felt he still had a chance.

I, like many of you, is happy that the Colts lost, but I still have to give credit where credit is due, and when another team can make me feel nervous and anxious, feeling as though I'm watching the greatest 4th quarter comeback in the makings... If Wayne doesn't drop that pass, the Saints very well may still have won, but I just was so worried about the upcoming onside kick, I felt if the Colts got it back, with 20 seconds left.. Manning was going to be labeled greatest ever with another Ring.

That's ultimate respect.

-----------------------------

On a side note: On the Colts last offensive play of the game. To not take a timeout there was a horrible call. I knwo the point was to save timeouts, but if you don't get the score, 14 timeouts in the pocket is worthless. You only can say those TO's had value if you scored, therefore, you have to take a timeout, and get everyone on the same page, and get set.

I felt the Rushed 4th down was the worst coaching call of the game.

Re: Ultimate Respect...

Me too.

As much crap as some talk about Manning choking, I guarantee everyone here would be nervous to see him in the AFCC again.

Me too.

As much crap as some talk about Manning choking, I guarantee everyone here would be nervous to see him in the AFCC again.

I had no doubt they were going to lose.

They could not stop Brees.

If you read the game thread, most posters thought the chance was minimal, maybe 5% at best, that the Colts could come back. 3 minutes and 2 TDs down requires an onside kick, so right there your chances are cut down to 20%, and then you need 2 TDs on 2 drives with the clock running out.

Even with Manning back there, the chances were something like 5-10% that they could come back. I was pretty confident they wouldn't.

The reason is that I expect Manning to choke in the biggest situations. He has that track record.

Pre-Pick 6 I thought the Colts would tie it. Once it was 14 I never thought the Colts would win, WAY too much had to happen.

3 minutes and 2 TDs down requires an onside kick, so right there your chances are cut down to 20%, and then you need 2 TDs on 2 drives with the clock running out.

Or having your kicker recover a fumbled KR. :singing:

Last edited:

I, like many of you, is happy that the Colts lost, but I still have to give credit where credit is due, and when another team can make me feel nervous and anxious, feeling as though I'm watching the greatest 4th quarter comeback in the makings... If Wayne doesn't drop that pass, the Saints very well may still have won, but I just was so worried about the upcoming onside kick, I felt if the Colts got it back, with 20 seconds left.. Manning was going to be labeled greatest ever with another Ring.

That's ultimate respect.

Maybe if it was a regular season game. I have no doubt Manning would've come back.

As it were, I called the Manning pick-6. The guy chokes in big games. Don't let one ring fool you. It dates back to college. Until he wins a 2nd ring, he won't shake that label for me, as he re-earned it last nite.

Last edited:

They could not stop Brees.

This doesn't matter if the Colts score and recover an onside kick. After the Saints penalty stopped the clock at 1:30 or so, if the Colts put it in and get that onside Manning has 1:20 and 3 timeouts to go 50-60 yards.

Yes chances are slim but I've seen crazier

Or having your kicker recover a fumbled KR. :singing:
Well, the Saints would be prepared for an onside kick. Watch the Colts after the half. Clueless that an onisde kick was a possiblity. Makes it much easier to recover when everyone is back, and the front line is moving back with the kick. Put on guy back and ten guys on the line and an onside kick is pretty hard to recover.

And they'd'd still need 2 TDs on two consecutive drives. Yeah, it can be done. It would have been amazing. But I don't think very many people thought it would happen. I sure didn't.

Me too.

It helps to get every PI call in your favor.....Daddy Manning and uncle Polian lobby hard to get the zebras favoring Goober

It helps to get every PI call in your favor.....Daddy Manning and uncle Polian lobby hard to get the zebras favoring Goober

No excuses man. We needed one first down to end that game

Pre-Pick 6 I thought the Colts would tie it. Once it was 14 I never thought the Colts would win, WAY too much had to happen.

Me too. I said, here we go they'll tie it, then once he threw the pick-6, I knew he was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back