PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Two matchups-who to root for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Las Vegas, team loyalty is one thing, but money is another, I'm taking the Dolphins at plus 1.5. ( That means the "phins need to win by 2)

I'm also taking the Seahawks to cover +3.5,(lose by no more than 3) I think they'll win outright. Plus I'm taking the Pats, I never take the Pats because I never know if I betting with my head or heart, but this week I think the Pats will cover nicely. And to round out my parley, I got the Jets by 2 over the Pack.

Hey, can you explain the odd's and spreads and whatnot for team matchups?
Does this mean we are favored to win by at least 13 points?

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

Hey, can you explain the odd's and spreads and whatnot for team matchups?
Does this mean we are favored to win by at least 13 points?

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml
-13.5 means that at the end of the game you have to subtract 13.5 points from the Patriots score if you bet on the Patriots. After that did the Patriots still win ?

In other words if the Lions win or the Patriots win by 13 or less, a bet on Detriot wins. If the Patriots win by 14 a bet on New England wins.

In the NFL any double digit pointspread is HUGE. I would take Detroit +13.5 in a second.

100% RIGHT - are you kidding me?? MUST get rid of Denver - I don't want to see them in the playoffs, here or there - no thank you - Cutler is going to be a good one.

Miaimi - please, don't need to see them have a chance at playoffs thank you.
Do you remember a situation or a year when you fervently hoped an opponent that had your team's number would get eliminated, but didn't, and your team ended up beating them anyway? I have a couple:

1. 2001 - 2002 Rams. I was really pulling for the Eagles to win the NFC championship game because I thought the fledgling Pats had a chance against them. Rams? No chance. They'd already won in Foxboro, greatest show on turf, 14 - 2, something like 500 points scored regular season, already had recent SB experience, victory. The Patriots beating the Rams was all the more sweet, and we didn't have to wonder, no what ifs. We beat THE best.

2. 2004 Yankees. 'nuf sed.

If you can't beat any particular other team, why should you even be there in the final game? Denver beats Seattle.

Gotta root for Denver and Jacksonville. I want the higher #1 pick and Denver doesn't scare me at all. Denver always seems to catch the Pats at the right time...either we are playing an injured and sucking CB, Duane Starks, or the Pats passing game is still coming together, or Brady has a uncharacteristically bad game.

The outrageous officiating calls, like last week vs Chicago, usually seem to go against the Pats, it isn't just against Denver. I just never seem to be impressed with Denver, regardless of the results.

Jacksonville is a physical team, and I like seeing them put a hurt on another AFC East team, especially a pretender like the Dolphins. Let Jacksonville keep their playoff hopes alive (and thus motivated to beat up on Indy), and let Miami go on another late season irrelevant winning streak after we stick a fork in them next week.

Last edited:
I like routing for Jacksonville so they stay a possibilty for a WC in playoffs.

It has to be Hawks. I don't want Denver in playoffs. If they win out
they most likely will be. They need to lose 2 games. I want Denver to beat
SD ... SD needs two losses for PATs to have a shot at 1st round bye.
Denver should beat Cards and 9ers so the only other potential loss is
Cincy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back