PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tuna to Fins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year the Dolphins had 10 draft choices and have already acquired 2 2nd round picks this season. The right moves are being made, we have the same guy that picked up a 1st round choice for Rick Meier and the same guy who robbed the Fins of 2 straight drafts for Ricky Williams.

In the last two years the Dolphins have traded draft choices for 2 starting QBs and used a 3rd on a guy they think will be their starting QB.

Three draft picks on starting QBs in 2 seasons is ridiculous.

In the last two years the Dolphins have traded draft choices for 2 starting QBs and used a 3rd on a guy they think will be their starting QB.

Three draft picks on starting QBs in 2 seasons is ridiculous.

You're information is incorrect. We spent a 2nd on John Beck and I have no reason to believe he won't be the QB for the next 10 years.

We acquired Trent Green to bring veteran leadership and help teach our rookie this offense, well worth a 5th round pick. The Daunte trade is really inexcuseable, bad trade, but that was by Saban.

This ought to be good; what in Gods name leads you to believe Beck is your guy for the next ten years.

Your team is 0-7 and going NOWHERE; if your head coach felt the way you do, wouldn't Beck be playing now. WTF do you have to lose at this point IF IN FACT that is how Dolphin management feels.........

Wow.

You're information is incorrect. We spent a 2nd on John Beck and I have no reason to believe he won't be the QB for the next 10 years.

We acquired Trent Green to bring veteran leadership and help teach our rookie this offense, well worth a 5th round pick. The Daunte trade is really inexcuseable, bad trade, but that was by Saban.

What was the reasoning on passing on Brees, FWIW?

My information you claim is wrong was they used 3 draft picks in 2 years on starting QBs and at present do not have a starting QB.

Let's see:
1 traded for Culpepper who was coming off a year when he was the worst QB in the NFL then sufferred a major injury. He washed out in Miami from Day 1.

1 traded for Green coming off a year where he had a major injury and then looked horrendous when he returned. He made it a couple mediocre weeks before his career was ended by the same injury he had the year before - a very predictable result.

1 used on Beck an unknown who you have no reaston to think he won't be the QB for 10 years but also no reason to think he will other than they spent a pick on him - hardly a reason to bank on it based on Miami's history of judging QBs.

Sure looks like 3 picks and at present no starting QB resulting from them.

Last edited:
This ought to be good; what in Gods name leads you to believe Beck is your guy for the next ten years.

Your team is 0-7 and going NOWHERE; if your head coach felt the way you do, wouldn't Beck be playing now. WTF do you have to lose at this point IF IN FACT that is how Dolphin management feels.........

Wow.

Maybe because I've seen him play games at BYU, I saw him lead 2 game winning drives in his 1st 2 pre-season games then saw him throw 3 TDs in his 3rd game. And the fact that Cam Cameron doesn't miss on QBs.

Beck isn't playing because he's not ready. Why throw him to the wolves and ruin his confidence ala Joey Harrington? He'll be playing vs. Buffalo after the BYE, bank on that.

What was the reasoning on passing on Brees, FWIW?

Supposedly the medical staff didn't pass him off as being healthy. Damn our medical staff has missed on a number of issues over the years, Saban also was too indecisive and wouldn't pay Brees the money. Not to sure I'd want either QB at this point any how.

My information you claim is wrong was they used 3 draft picks in 2 years on starting QBs and at present do not have a starting QB.

Let's see:
1 traded for Culpepper who was coming off a year when he was the worst QB in the NFL then sufferred a major injury. He washed out in Miami from Day 1.

1 traded for Green coming off a year where he had a major injury and then looked horrendous when he returned. He made it a couple mediocre weeks before his career was ended by the same injury he had the year before - a very predictable result.

1 used on Beck an unknown who you have no reaston to think he won't be the QB for 10 years but also no reason to think he will other than they spent a pick on him - hardly a reason to bank on it based on Miami's history of judging QBs.

Sure looks like 3 picks and at present no starting QB resulting from them.

I didn't deny any of those facts, I was just telling you that you were wrong in saying a 3rd rounder was spent on Beck, it was a 2nd round pick.

I didn't deny any of those facts, I was just telling you that you were wrong in saying a 3rd rounder was spent on Beck, it was a 2nd round pick.
So why isn't Beck starting? Is it because the Dolphins hired an idiot for a head coach?

Maybe because I've seen him play games at BYU, I saw him lead 2 game winning drives in his 1st 2 pre-season games then saw him throw 3 TDs in his 3rd game. And the fact that Cam Cameron doesn't miss on QBs.

Beck isn't playing because he's not ready. Why throw him to the wolves and ruin his confidence ala Joey Harrington? He'll be playing vs. Buffalo after the BYE, bank on that.

You've seen him play games at BYU. Congrats. There's been a million first rounders from elite colleges who sucked in the pros. I don't know how you assume some second rounder is gunna be the franchise after a few pre-season games and Saturday afternoon games at BYU.

Way to not answer the questions of why you picked Miami to win the East last year... but now, in your eyes, they've needed rebuilding since 03.

Last edited:
it isnt gonna happen, no way no how...

tuna doesnt want a 5 yr rebuilding project...and especially not againt the Pats as a divisional foe...

it isnt gonna happen, no way no how...

tuna doesnt want a 5 yr rebuilding project...and especially not againt the Pats as a divisional foe...

I don't understand the logic behind it being a 5 year rebuilding project. If the Dolphins draft the way the did last year just on defense it's a 2 year job tops. This offense is almost completey rebuilt and upgraded big time.

So why isn't Beck starting? Is it because the Dolphins hired an idiot for a head coach?

The same moron that sat Phillip Rivers for a 2 years and turned him into the player he is now.:rolleyes:

You've seen him play games at BYU. Congrats. There's been a million first rounders from elite colleges who sucked in the pros. I don't know how you assume some second rounder is gunna be the franchise after a few pre-season games and Saturday afternoon games at BYU.

Way to not answer the questions of why you picked Miami to win the East last year... but now, in your eyes, they've needed rebuilding since 03.

Uhh.... what? When did you jump into this?

What's that saying about fish - they rot from the head. When you have an owner who asks the media and fans to submit suggestions about what he should do going forward, your in big trouble in the NFL.

Saban was selected because of his hyped up spin as potentially one of the protoge brains behind BB. Apparently in the interview Wayne neglected to ascertain whether or not be was capable of assembling an organization and support staff considering he was being handed total control of football operations. He couldn't. He had few close friends and confidants groomed to take up positions around him, and he ended up (much like Mangini) assembling a bunch of pieces parts to fill those slots - basically from a pool of whomever was available, i.e. out of work. He then found he couldn't get along with them, so by the end of year one he was replacing them with more of the same.

When that doesn't work and he bails, Wayne evaluates the situation and someone convinces him that the D is still swell and they just need to score some points. So he retains the GM the former HC planned to fire had he stayed because he couldn't identify and secure functional talent to upgrade the roster, and he hires a career college HC (albeit this time with a losing record) with a skimpy but recently successful track record as an NFL OC running a system someone else installed featuring substantial talent someone else assembled. And for good measure he retains the coaching and football ops staff the failed genius ran screaming from after assembling it on the fly.

The latest rumor is not Tuna, who is merely trolling for every potential GM vacancy on the planet to fill time while he toddles around ESPN making spending money, but the Eagles GM who was with Miami a decade ago will be brought in to replace both the incumbant team president and the existing GM. That will likely give Cameron a year at best to show he's of some value to them. Although if this team manages to go 16-0, let alone should some other team go 16-0 in the same season, his will have been a short tenure in Miami. And Taylor and Thomas will be asking Wayne, who is a people pleaser, to let them go finish their stellar careers somewhere they have a shot at competing. And Porter will likely be axed because absent the other two retaining him through a rebuild will be useless.

Every time the educated fan base here has tried to enlighten you, you have arrogantly insisted we are mistaken. Yet thus far your organization has proven our assessments to be dead on. So just keep dreamin' through another miserable season and wasted off season. We'll be here to say we told you so once your 2008 (2009, 2010, etc) season hype commences.

Believe me Aqua, this will be at best a five year process. At the end of which until and unless Bill and Tom are ready for retirement, your beloved Dolphins will be competing for a WC berth if they're lucky and enough other second tier teams screw up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back