PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT :Travis Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of agree here. Think about how quickly it all happened. Johnson didn't have time after getting taken down to think, "This is Trent Green therefore it wasn't intentional."

With that said, right when he bounced up and obviously realized he was okay, the first thing he did was notice Green on the ground and not moving ONE BIT.

Even a reasonably decent human being would likely relize the situation and call the trainers over. Rather than the concern this sick ass physco has the audaucity to stand over the lifeless Green and yell smack and obsenities that Green obviously can't hear.

So I guess in summary, Green's history of human relations or the intent of the hit really had nothing to do with it. The fact is a decent person would've been looking out for a human flippin being's life, not about a possible injury that didn't even occur to his own knee.

And all of this is supposed to be processed in the matter of milliseconds, not defending either, but in the heat of the game stuff happens.. in retrospect if it was a "slow" game things might have been different, but what goes around comes around.

I don't have a horse in this race but, IMO, that was NOT a dirty block. To me, it looked like Green just tried to throw himself in front of Johnson to slow him up. Also, again IMO, he tried to hit Johnson's thighs and, as his head came across Johnson's body it fell down in front of his knee. It was a perfectly legal block.

Johnson should be fined for his ignorant outburst's, both after the play AND after the game. Taunting an unconscious opponent is beyond lame.

I never said the block wasn't legal. It was. I said it was dirty, that's where we disagree. It was a helmet to the side of the knee. You don't tackle like that, you don't block like that, you don't even fall to the ground like that. It's dangerous to you and to everyone around you. You use your shoulder or your sides. If the NFL cared about player safety Green would get fined.

I have no problem with Johnson chewing out a concussed opponent after a block like that. I'm fine with the NFL fining him for his comments after the game, so long as they also fine Green.

So it's OK to use your helmet as a weapon to smash another player's knee? I can't believe Johnson's knee wasn't destroyed on that play. I'm not upset at him for one bit for his on-field tirade in the heat of battle.

After the game however he could have chosen his words more carefully.

Apparently it is a legal block so until the league decides otherwise it's going to continue with QB's and Denver offensive linemen.

while I didn't like the block, I have seen a lot of QB's do that over time. They are just overmatched by DE. I the heat of the moment, I can see Johnson being pissed, but as green laid there lifeless (he could have been dead), he was being a punk. THEN, after he gets carted off the field and the game ENDS, he goes into a tirade during a post game interview. That's where I have a problem with him. Green might have been paralized and he was ranting on and on. Sh!t happens in a game, he should have gotten over it and had a calm interview after the game. Just MHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes