PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Torrey Smith Family Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was his brother who died in an motorcycle accident this morning. I am sorry to hear stuff like this. I never ever wish harm on any players or their families. This is bigger than football.

BTW, just a suggestion, but maybe you or the mods can change the title of the thread. The story is that his brother died. His status tonight is really irrelevant in light of the reason why he may not play.

I hear your point loud and clear, Rob, however his status is relevant considering this is a football board and he's up against the Pats tonight. That's the only reason why I posted it here. Nonetheless, I hear what you're saying and agree that this is obviously a real life tragedy and I was not trying to make light of any of it.

Torrey is choosing to play. Everyone grieves differently, so maybe he'll find some solace in being on the field and not thinking about what happened (as much as he can). My heart goes out to Mr. Smith and his family. The Ravens are an emotional team (as their leader sets that tone), so they will undoubtedly rally around him and use this to galvanize everyone.

Last edited:
Way to class up a thread as usual, Mike.

He's from Dartmouth, but didn't go there.

Condolences to the Smith family.

Kind of reminds me of the Favre story with his dad,I would bet if Smith plays tonight,he has some sort of tribute in mind.

Sad News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey