PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Torrey Smith Family Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Smith just found out that a family member passed this morning in a vehicle accident. Coach Harbaugh is leaving whether or not he plays up to him at the moment. It was just reported on ESPN.

It was his brother who died in an motorcycle accident this morning. I am sorry to hear stuff like this. I never ever wish harm on any players or their families. This is bigger than football.

BTW, just a suggestion, but maybe you or the mods can change the title of the thread. The story is that his brother died. His status tonight is really irrelevant in light of the reason why he may not play.

Last edited:
I expect him to play. He told Harbaugh he wanted to play according to ESPN.

He most LOVE playing against the Patriot considering that the Patriots in all their wisdom chose Shane Vereen instead of him in the draft.

RIP. So sad. Far to young to go.

Very sad. On the other hand ,going to galvanize the ravens tonite and make the game for the pats even more tougher

Very sad. On the other hand ,going to galvanize the ravens tonite and make the game for the pats even more tougher

That's probably the reality of it, unfortunately.

He'll play, he said he would. Everyone I've heard has said that he's playing.

RIP to his brother and condolences from Patriot Nation to his family, that's an absolute shame to hear. Very sad indeed.

May he find some small measure of comfort in this trying time for him and his family.

I don't care whether he plays tonight. I feel terrible for him and his family. This is greater then some silly game. His younger brother was just 19 years old.

I still hope we pound the snot out of him and his team, but before and after the game, I offer my most sincere condolences to him and his family. I'm sure I speak for all of Patriot nation on this one.

Last edited:
He most LOVE playing against the Patriot considering that the Patriots in all their wisdom chose Shane Vereen instead of him in the draft.

This thread seems as good a place as any to put that thought.

ou6t60.gif

Terrible news. Condolences go out to T.Smith and his family, RIP.

My heart goes out to Smith and his family and especially his parents.

My sincere condolences to him and his family. Any life lost so young is a terrible thing for any family to bear.

As fanatic as we all are about this most wonderful of games, this unique American institution, it's still a game, and life must go on.

I hope that the Angels of Mercy will bring solace to this young man's family this day, and in the days to come.

Heartbreaking. Prayers and thoughts to Torrey and his family.

Torrey Smith needs to be with his family tonight, and not on some football field.

Torrey Smith needs to be with his family tonight, and not on some football field.

That really is his choice. People grieve how people grieve, no one can tell them what is right or wrong.
What a tragedy:(

Way to class up a thread as usual, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes