OT: Tom Jackson might have suffered too many concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what Jackson said about Brett Favre after the game last night:

Back to Brett Favre. He's never been afraid to throw a pick. Ya know, people make such a big deal 'well, he threw a pick to end this game, he threw a pick to end this game.' He's never been afraid to throw a pick. Its one of the things I admire about him. So ya know, maybe he'll play again, maybe he wont, not the time for it, but you talk about pure courage - that's what I saw today in that game.

So when does ESPN run the special documentary "A Profile in Courage: The Story of Jay Cutler's 2009 Season"? Who courageously threw more picks than Cutler this season?

Last edited:
Farves whole problem is that hes not afraid to throw the INT. This makes 3 post season games that I can recall where he threw the game away at the end. Vs Eagles in Philly, Vs Giants in 07 and yesterday.

Anybody see the youtube of the Vike fan watching TV when #4 threw the last pick?

Priceless!

Tom Jackson has finally crossed the line from major annoyance to blubbering idiot.

Maybe next he'll tell us how Favre is "Just having fun out there".

The thing my wife and I admired about Bret Farve last night

was how the old geezer could get the crap knocked out of him

and still come back and make another play. It was "A

Profile In Courage".

Last edited:
Takes a lot of guts to fumble like Minnie did, then come tight back and fumble again!

Farves whole problem is that hes not afraid to throw the INT. This makes 3 post season games that I can recall where he threw the game away at the end. Vs Eagles in Philly, Vs Giants in 07 and yesterday.

Anybody see the youtube of the Vike fan watching TV when #4 threw the last pick?

Priceless!

I'd love to see that. Do you have a link?

Dilfer said basically the same thing.

And I think both analysts are great, and they're both right. Favre, ultimately, is a gunslinger, and a risk taker - you have to take the good with the bad. To take away that last pass, you'd have to take away many of the good & great plays he has made, too.

As for the Cutler comparisons, I don't see Cutler in too many conference championship games & Superbowls....

Favre is too talented for his own good. Every once in a while when the play breaks down, he makes some magic and does some crazy stuff to score a TD. But the problem is that is also what gets him into trouble, as seen in yesterday's game.

And I think both analysts are great, and they're both right. Favre, ultimately, is a gunslinger, and a risk taker - you have to take the good with the bad. To take away that last pass, you'd have to take away many of the good & great plays he has made, too.

As for the Cutler comparisons, I don't see Cutler in too many conference championship games & Superbowls....
4 and 7 in playoff games since his SB win in '96.

If you listen to the whole clip where that statement came from even Chris Berman, the ultimate ball washer, was humbled at those statements...

Berman tried to get him to shift away from those thoughts onto the rest of the team but Jackson stood his ground and dug himself deeper.

Tom Jackson was all done long ago IMO...

"They hate their coach."

Tom Jackson has finally crossed the line from major annoyance to blubbering idiot.

Maybe next he'll tell us how Favre is "Just having fun out there".

There never was any line for him to cross, he was already there.

Why are people such as Tom Jackson, Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin paid good money to be broadcasters? I don't understand it. Just because they played the game at a high level doesn't mean that translates to insightful commentary or the ability to speak well. I wish I was in charge of just one of those networks so I could bounce some of those clowns.

OT:..heh...Hart Lee Chung

I HAVE to know what motivated you to pick THAT handle....LMAO over here

I'd love to see that. Do you have a link?

Listen to this first, it's even funnier since it's the actual Minnesota radio broadcast and while the play by play by play guy is upset, the color man just goes off and his voice and anger escalating in the process is priceless...

To the left on the page is a link to the #4 fan home video...

Vikings Radio Announcers Do Little To Hide Their Anger, Frustration and Disappointment After Favre INT - Brett Favre - Deadspin

Listen to this first, it's even funnier since it's the actual Minnesota radio broadcast and while the play by play by play guy is upset, the color man just goes off and his voice and anger escalating in the process is priceless...

To the left on the page is a link to the #4 fan home video...

Vikings Radio Announcers Do Little To Hide Their Anger, Frustration and Disappointment After Favre INT - Brett Favre - Deadspin

Boston Fox news played that tonight. Good stuff.

Fan video. I loved the daughter's scream. Any chance that video is staged?

Why are people such as Tom Jackson, Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin paid good money to be broadcasters?I don't understand it. Just because they played the game at a high level doesn't mean that translates to insightful commentary or the ability to speak well. I wish I was in charge of just one of those networks so I could bounce some of those clowns.

The first two put everybody else at ease by letting everyone watching that no matter what, at least I'm smarter than that guy and Irvin just has the best cocaine.

Last edited:
OT:..heh...Hart Lee Chung

I HAVE to know what motivated you to pick THAT handle....LMAO over here

A couple of my favorite bizarre Patriots. And I am talking about the OC (original Chung).

Let's put Tom Jackson and Dan Dierdorf on their own debate show.

if favre is a gunslinger, he should be shot because he's also a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes