PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Todd Haley is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is true, then haley is a bigger idiot that I thought. There are no necessary plays in preseason. It is not necessary to win in prseason only to prepare and evaluate your team.

Do you have another reason for running plays in preseason other than to get starters ready for the regular season and to evaluate fringe players to see who to keep and who to cut? The purpose of preseason game is NOT to see how few plays you can run because they are unnecessary.

I would have had my guy take a knee, but maybe harbaugh wanted to see how his backups do in a goal line situation. Haley's job isn't to get mad at what his opponent does, whether it is call timeouts to run another play, blitz the crap out of the QB, play his #1's for 60 minutes, or whatever the opposing coach thinks he needs to do to prepare his team.
So now you are telling him its up to him to decide how to prepare his team, but he isn't allowed to find no value in 1:18 of garbage time?
Getting upset at Harbaugh has nothing to do with doing his job. He has an issue, he addressed, both are fine. You apparently are not, and I have no clue why.

I don't see how you can call haley's rant, whatever it was about, idiotic. Even in the regular season, when the play might really have been unnecessary, complaining that playing football risks getting his players hurt is idiotic.
Rather than create a story and pretend it is addressing what I am talking about, how about you recognize my point?
It is stupid to make judgment about what a conversation that was had means about a person when you don't know what was said in that conversation.
I don't care if Haley threatened him, asked about his wife's feet, or told him Flacco sucks. Because I cannot judge him for saying any of those things unless I know he said them.
I may not even agree with your assessment if the comments you are making up as being said were accurate, but the horse doesnt follow the cart.

Todd Haley only did well because of Charlie Weiss and Crennel. It was clear the offense took a step down when Weiss committed out. I'm not even sure Haley is that good of an offensive coach. He coordinated for Whisenhunt who might have been running the offense there.

Either way he sounds like a very thin skinned, petty, emotional coach and if it hasn't happened already he's probably lost the respect of his players and staff.

McDaniels is proof that being a great coordinator doesn't mean you can be a great head coach. In fact, all of the branches of the Belichcik tree is an example of that. I think Belichick picks his coordinators for specific skill sets and one of them is not being able to sit in the big chair at staff meetings.

McDaniels may one day become a great head coach, but he clearly doesn't have the skill sets right now. He tried too much to be like Belichick without Belichick's experience, savvy, or knowledge.

I agree with this. He's good as a coordinator but no Belichick disciple has shown to have anything other than specific attributes for being good at a lower non-HC position.

McDaniels is also terrible as a talent evaluator. He basically destroyed the Broncos, not just with the Hillis trade-away or Maroney trade-in, but getting rid of talent like Marshall, Sheffler, Cutler, Alfonso Smith, and a half dozen other good players. It makes me strongly believe that McDaniels screwed up those 2006-2008 drafts. Someone made a thread that Pioli did a bad job later, but I think the 2001-2004 and 2009-2011 great Patriot drafts line up pretty well with McDaniels NOT being part of the draft and workout process or war room.

You said there were reports that he admonished or berated Harbaugh.
Then yuo link to an article where both say it was nothing:bricks:
So saying nothing is proof there was a big issue because if there was he wouldn't say anything?

Coaches have egos. I'm sorry if that offends you. Most people in charge believe they know best, and that is part of how they became in charge. Once again I don't know what this has to do with ripping the guy for saying something you made up that he said.

Haley was whining, so Harbaugh apologized.

Todd Haley upset with John Harbaugh | ProFootballTalk

Chiefs coach Todd Haley was upset with Ravens coach John Harbaugh after Friday night’s preseason game, telling Harbaugh that he didn’t appreciate the Ravens running up the score in their 31-13 win.

Weis quit, and Haley is wrong?

Its well known that Weis quit because of Haley. Pretending otherwise wont change that fact

Wait, niow you say there are no reports explaining it? Make up your mind.
"Not taking a knee" and "running up the score" are not the same thing. You seem to only want to consider things that fit your conclusion. As I explained it is very plausible that Haley was concened about getting guys hurt on unecessary plays.

Youre making things up. Haley said he did not appreciate the 31 - 13 score.

I agree with this. He's good as a coordinator but no Belichick disciple has shown to have anything other than specific attributes for being good at a lower non-HC position.

McDaniels is also terrible as a talent evaluator. He basically destroyed the Broncos, not just with the Hillis trade-away or Maroney trade-in, but getting rid of talent like Marshall, Sheffler, Cutler, Alfonso Smith, and a half dozen other good players. It makes me strongly believe that McDaniels screwed up those 2006-2008 drafts. Someone made a thread that Pioli did a bad job later, but I think the 2001-2004 and 2009-2011 great Patriot drafts line up pretty well with McDaniels NOT being part of the draft and workout process or war room.

There's plenty of reason to believe that McDaniels in Denver and the entire ex-Patriot crew in KC were dispatched by Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick to run those franchises into the ground. Eric Mangini single-handedly destroyed the Browns and the Jets making him the most effective neutralizer of other franchises in the AFC. Mangini turned in the Pats in video-gate on orders from Mr. Kraft knowing it would fire up the Pats and motivate them to go 16-0 in 2007. The Jets rose to be a genuine threat when Manbooblia was fired and headed to the Browns. It's ingenious. Belichick even let the Jets and Browns pick up a meaningless win against the Pats to cover up his scheme. My guess is that wing-nut Haley was brought in to KC to send that franchise into a tailspin that may last until Brady retires.

I've suspected that he's a moran for quite some time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey