PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Todd Haley is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can honestly see that KC team blowing up in an ugly way.

I don't see a lot of strong team leaders (ie...Brady, Mayo, Mankins, Fork and even a guy like Andre Carter).

I also see a coach who makes it way too much about himself.

I was watching a little of last nights game and saw some interaction between Haley and Romeo. All I could do was read Crennel's mind.....".....I used to work under Belichick...now I have to listen to this douche..."

Whenever I hear news out of KC I feel sorry for Crennel and Cassel. (Pioli can fire the guy and made his own damn bed hiring him.)

In the game vs. the Ravens, the Ravens scored two in the last two minutes and Haley berrated John Harbaugh after the game for running up the score. In a preseason game?!? He felt that Harbaugh should have had his team just take a knee.

I feel that teams seriously neglect practicing the victory formation in the preseason, but isn't the last few minutes of the second preseason game valuable to evaluate bubble players and give back ups playing experience they won't get in the regular season? Is Haley's ego so fragile that he can't handle his third stringers most of whom won't make the team getting smoked by the Ravens' third stringers?

Haley's ego is well known to be out of control and he already refused to shake Josh McDaniels' hand for running up the score last year. I hope to God that the Pats beat the Chiefs 54-0 when they meet this year to watch that arse fume.
Haley's comments were not berating Harbaugh at all.
I think you are going from speculation of what they said to each other, but in the post game pc Haley did not say anything negative about Harbaugh.

If the coach of the losing team doesn't want the other team to keep scoring, then their team should kneel on every possession to indicate a surrender.

There's no such thing as running up the score. Fans pay to watch 60 mins. If you don't want teams to run up the score, please refund the money to fans who expect touchdowns.

I am surprised a smart guy like Pioli would link himself up with this chump

I think you are going from speculation of what they said to each other, but in the post game pc Haley did not say anything negative about Harbaugh.

Beyond his bad body language, Harbaugh basically said he voiced his displeasure with the tactic... He is going to ruin Cassel and Pioli has no one but himself to blame. Guy doesn't have the right temperement (nor did he have the requisite coaching chops) for the job.

Lombardi had something interesting to say about KC yesterday. Said Bowe is a #2 not a #1. And now they have chosen to match him up with a rookie suffering diva-itis who has managed to get his thumb broken getting put in his place by a frustrated veteran. Just before that I heard some other genius say if KC didn't improve this season it would be on Cassel because he's now surrounded by such great weapons... Too much drama and ego funneling down from the top. Underscores for those who had doubts just who the driving force behind the system always was here.

I've never had a problem with "running up the score" and I never will. The object of most team sports is to score points or goal is it not?

I am surprised a smart guy like Pioli would link himself up with this chump

He didn't have a lot of choice since Kirk Ferentz suddenly decided that spring he wasn't all that interested in moving up to the NFL since he wanted to coach his kid at the college level. And Josh got the call from Denver before Pioli even accepted the KC gig. And RAC was playing hard to get. Haley had a fringe connection to the system, although he seemed to have washed out of it.

He didn't have a lot of choice since Kirk Ferentz suddenly decided that spring he wasn't all that interested in moving up to the NFL since he wanted to coach his kid at the college level. And Josh got the call from Denver before Pioli even accepted the KC gig. And RAC was playing hard to get. Haley had a fringe connection to the system, although he seemed to have washed out of it.

The wacky thing is the fact that KC fans hungry for anything resembling a SB contender love the guy since the team wasn't at the golf club after week 16 last season.

KC will be hard pressed to win 10 games in 2011 IMO

From earlier reports on the incident, it seemed like nothing. But Harbaugh also said there was a clear disagreement. Haley maybe changed his mind later on before the press conference but it's clear there was a disagreement on the field:

Haley, Harbaugh downplay post-game disagreement - KansasCity.com

“I want to apologize to the Chiefs if they feel we were not doing the right thing at the end of the game,’’ Harbaugh said in his post-game remarks. “If this had been the regular season, we would have been on a knee. The idea in this situation is to give the young guys who work hard and who are trying to make the football team, this football team or another football team, to play the whole 60 minutes and give them a chance to show what they can do . ..I know that’s debatable. I know there are points of view both ways.

“I think (Haley) said something like, ‘I don’t know about that’ and I understood that. I just said, ‘Preseason, preseason for the young guys.’ And he said, ‘OK.’ ’’

If it were the first time, maybe you give Haley the benefit of the doubt, but considering how poorly he responded to the Broncos blowout, it's hard for me to think Haley didn't do this and probably a bit more. I could see Harbaugh downplaying that if it were the case.

From earlier reports on the incident, it seemed like nothing. But Harbaugh also said there was a clear disagreement. Haley maybe changed his mind later on before the press conference but it's clear there was a disagreement on the field:

Haley, Harbaugh downplay post-game disagreement - KansasCity.com

If it were the first time, maybe you give Haley the benefit of the doubt, but considering how poorly he responded to the Broncos blowout, it's hard for me to think Haley didn't do this and probably a bit more. I could see Harbaugh downplaying that if it were the case.

First the supposed issue wasn't running up the score, it was using timeouts in the final seconds.

Second, the worst we can possibly come up with is Haley said "I don't know about that" and Harbaugh answered him, and they both went to press conferences saying there was no issue.

How does that turn into what is going on in this thread, calling Haley an idiot and saying he is crying about running up the score?

Look if you dont like the guy, thats fine, but villifying him over nothing is silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the game vs. the Ravens, the Ravens scored two in the last two minutes and Haley berrated John Harbaugh after the game for running up the score. In a preseason game?!? He felt that Harbaugh should have had his team just take a knee.

I feel that teams seriously neglect practicing the victory formation in the preseason, but isn't the last few minutes of the second preseason game valuable to evaluate bubble players and give back ups playing experience they won't get in the regular season? Is Haley's ego so fragile that he can't handle his third stringers most of whom won't make the team getting smoked by the Ravens' third stringers?

Haley's ego is well known to be out of control and he already refused to shake Josh McDaniels' hand for running up the score last year. I hope to God that the Pats beat the Chiefs 54-0 when they meet this year to watch that arse fume.

Thank you.

I predict that Pioli will run him off after next season. I mean, Charlie Wies knows what hes doing and little Hitler would not get off his back.

First the supposed issue wasn't running up the score, it was using timeouts in the final seconds. Second, the worst we can possibly come up with is Haley said "I don't know about that" and Harbaugh answered him, and they both went to press conferences saying there was no issue.

How does that turn into what is going on in this thread, calling Haley an idiot and saying he is crying about running up the score?

Look if you dont like the guy, thats fine, but villifying him over nothing is silly.

As for what was actually said, only Haley and Harbaugh know. It sure didn't look like it was a simple "I don't know about that" type of discussion.

I wouldn't say it's nothing. Haley clearly has issues with losing his temper. He's done it multiple times, which is why he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I saw a report that said Haley admonished or berated Harbaugh. I am not making it up. Maybe the report overstated what happened.

Whether Haley said anything negative about Harbaugh in his press conference or not, it is clear he did voice his displeasure directly to Harbaugh about running up the score. Harbaugh did issue an apology to Haley in his press conference.

Personally, I didn't really care about Haley either way prior to this incident. If my original post is biased, it is because of his well known reputation of being an egomanic with a short fuse not because I hate the guy. The image of him admonishing McDaniels for running up the score has been seen everywhere. Reports are that Weis left KC because he was tired of the shouting matched between him and Haley. Haley responded by stripping Weis of his play calling abilities in the second half of their playoff games causing an offensive implosion. Reportly he refused to have an OC his first year as coach because he didn't think anyone could call the plays better.

Yes, I called him an arse and an idiot and hoped the Pats run up the score on him, but anyone who complains about the other coach running up the score in a preseason game is an arse and an idiot and deserves to have the score run up on him every game.

I will admit that I do not know the tone of his conversation with Harbaugh, but it is very clear Haley told Harbaugh that he felt Harbauh was running up the score and didn't appreciate it.

I cannot vilify him anymore than he has already done himself. Even if the incident last night happened exactly like I said, it is a relatively minor incident compared to what he did to McDaniels and Weis.

Personally, I didn't really care about Haley either way prior to this incident. If my original post is biased, it is because of his well known reputation of being an egomanic with a short fuse not because I hate the guy. The image of him admonishing McDaniels for running up the score has been seen everywhere. Reports are that Weis left KC because he was tired of the shouting matched between him and Haley. Haley responded by stripping Weis of his play calling abilities in the second half of their playoff games causing an offensive implosion. Reportly he refused to have an OC his first year as coach because he didn't think anyone could call the plays better.

Haley is on his 3rd OC in 3 years and its a guy who was the previous offensive line coach - Bill Muir. Basically a puppet for Haley to control.

Pioli is giving Haley all the rope he needs to hang himself.

I've got to agree with our friends from the Commonwealth. I see it as more disrespectful to stop trying to score; it's patronizing to the point of being very dishonorable...er...dishonourable.

If I recall correctly Haley made a big scene with McDaniels last year, accusing him of running up the score while the cameras were rolling right after the final seconds ticked off after a game last year.

It seems to me that if Haley truly does have an issue with another coach over this, or any other subject then there is a certain time and place to discuss that matter.

The fifty yard line with cameras rolling and microphones in reporter's microphones in your face seeking a sound bite is certainly neither the time nor the place for that discussion.

If I recall correctly Haley made a big scene with McDaniels last year, accusing him of running up the score while the cameras were rolling right after the final seconds ticked off after a game last year.

It seems to me that if Haley truly does have an issue with another coach over this, or any other subject then there is a certain time and place to discuss that matter.

The fifty yard line with cameras rolling and microphones in reporter's microphones in your face seeking a sound bite is certainly neither the time nor the place for that discussion.

Stuff came out later this year and I guess it had something to do with McD "stealing signals" or something like that.

I think it was the KC punter who said that.

Stuff came out later this year and I guess it had something to do with McD "stealing signals" or something like that.

I think it was the KC punter who said that.

I know they (McDaniels/Denver) got caught filming opponents practices, but I thought that was several weeks after Haley got bent out of shape for being on the wrong end of a lopsided score to McDaniels' Broncos - no?

I know they (McDaniels/Denver) got caught filming opponents practices, but I thought that was several weeks after Haley got bent out of shape for being on the wrong end of a lopsided score to McDaniels' Broncos - no?

It had to do w. KC's first 15 snaps. I think Hailey said something to the extent that McD knew the plays already and were ready for it. This inferring that McD taped the walk through.
I think the Den SF game happened later cause I remember PFT running an article/rumor stating that the whole bizarre post game thing w. McD and Hailey might have had to do with taping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes