PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: TJ Ward injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please for the love of god get these ****ers to foxboro in the playoffs

LOL! Denver's only two significant wins over the last 17 years have come against our practice squad (2013 and last night.)

They haven't been able to touch us when we've been healthy. When healthy, we've done to them what we've done to Indy in the last 5 meetings.

These guys stand no chance against a healthy squad in January.

Unfortunately, I think the only way the NFL changes the rules on tackles (while Goodell in power) to the knee is if the Patriots start doing it regularly and effectively.

Oh, I agree. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just pointing out that this is not the only reason that a player like Ward goes low. He does it because that's just the way he plays the game. Other guys do it precisely because of what you've stated.

To me, there was nothing dirty or illegal about the hit yesterday. It was just an unfortunate thing that Gronk's knee met with the DEN linebacker. Chung also kind of fell into it too at the end of the play. The awesome thing, and what might end up saving Gronk's knee and, thus, the season for NE is the fact that the impact happened when the leg was up in the air and NOT planted in the ground. His leg could somewhat sustain the rapid change in momentum, thus potentially saving the ligaments from being torn. If we're talking just a hyper-extension, then Gronk sits for a few weeks, as opposed to the remainder of the season.
I agree with the point that it is business as usual in the NFL now a days. The thing that annoyed me most was Stewart's reaction to Gronk laying on the ground after the hit, not getting up. He was legitimately fired up after he saw what he did.

I agree with the point that it is business as usual in the NFL now a days. The thing that annoyed me most was Stewart's reaction to Gronk laying on the ground after the hit, not getting up. He was legitimately fired up after he saw what he did.
He was fired up about the hit. I don't think he was fired up when he saw the result of the hit. That's just my humble opinion, which is kind of based on what I saw. I saw a player who looked genuinely concerned after he truly realized the gravity of the situation. I could be wrong, though. Either way, we dodged a big one with Gronk likely only missing a few weeks, instead of the remainder of the season.

LOL! Denver's only two significant wins over the last 17 years have come against our practice squad (2013 and last night.)

They haven't been able to touch us when we've been healthy. When healthy, we've done to them what we've done to Indy in the last 5 meetings.

These guys stand no chance against a healthy squad in January.

They also won another game in the 2005 playoffs on two BS PI calls.

True, and Brady seems to agree with me. You can't go high and good luck trying to hit Gronk at the mid section. It's the nature of the game now, to take down a guy like Gronk your best bet is at the knees.

Seattle in the SB last year made plenty of stout tackles against Gronk above the waist

When you have "leaders" like Ward on your team with big contracts, its no wonder they train their little pupils to be knee/head hunters as well

As much as the guy is a turd, I'm not sure how a guy like TJ Ward is suppose to tackle Gronk without going low.

Granted, Welker is nowhere near Gronk's size (not even in the same tonnage), but this is an example of how one can put a good lick on another player without aiming for the knees. Two past Pats going at each other:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back