PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Time to end the Farve nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again lots to blame to put around, but I guess FESPN and others say Farve cant be traded to the Vikes , forget something.

31 Yr Old Drew Bledsoe in the prime of his carrer, but time ran out on his carrer thanks alot to Tom Brady was traded to Buffalo.. The Pats lost 1 game in 3 yrs against Bledsoe, and that was the Lawyer Milloy game..

I know people will flame me, but to me right now there is no difference between Drew Bledsoe then and Brett Farve now.. :banned:

That was the last I'd heard too. Apparently the Jets are in the mix, as well as the Bears plus a couple of others.

Whatever he ends up doing, the crap he's pulling this year says it all. I hope he goes somewhere and tanks, and that Rogers has an outstanding season:D I really feel badly for him. Apparently there were a group of Packer fans at practice yelling "WE WANT BRETT" lol. And all because he created this DRAMA for himself. If he'd retired like he said he was going to do, people would've mostly moved on and looked forward. Instead this seems to be polarizing them. You're either pro Brett or pro-Packers, not both. Some legacy:rolleyes:

Count me among the 'delighted to have the drama moved elsewhere' too :p It's good to relax and just think about football for a change:rocker:

I would put my money that the GM/President took a poll of the coaches and locker room and they don't want him because he quit on them and has been wishy washy the past few years.

Now it's coming back to bite Brett knowing the team doesn't want him, yet he says he doesn't feel right about the team. It's pretty sad where it's tainted his legacy in Greenbay where he was once adored.

Again lots to blame to put around, but I guess FESPN and others say Farve cant be traded to the Vikes , forget something.

31 Yr Old Drew Bledsoe in the prime of his carrer, but time ran out on his carrer thanks alot to Tom Brady was traded to Buffalo.. The Pats lost 1 game in 3 yrs against Bledsoe, and that was the Lawyer Milloy game..

I know people will flame me, but to me right now there is no difference between Drew Bledsoe then and Brett Farve now.. :banned:

except we had Brady in waiting and they have Rodgers.

True , this just in, Brett Farve had a turkey and swiss on whole wheat from subway.. Espn's Wendy Nix will be talking about it at 11:D

Wow, what a mess. This is not going to end well, IMO.

There is always going to be a drama ... Vick - spygate - Favre ... hopefully Mangini is next.

It's only a matter of time and I can't wait:D

Yeah, but few guys in this leagues have the balls of Bill Belichick. Belichick knew he could beat Bledsoe virtually every time he faced him. Thompson is petrified that he will trade Favre to Minnesotta and the Vikes will end up winning the division.

That is part of what makes Belichick and Pioli so special. They will play hardball with a player like the Packers have with Favre (although they wouldn't let it play out in the media like it has), but they will have the courage cut ties with the player even if it means he goes to the hated division rivals.

The Packers' waivering has just created a major distraction and turned a lot of fans against the team.

except we had Brady in waiting and they have Rodgers.

Well that is a good point too. Although, I don't know if Belichick and Pioli expected Brady to become what he has become because QBs like Brady come around once in a lifetime.

Also, we don't know what Rodgers will be. He could end up being a top QB in this league. Extremely doubtful he will ever get to Brady's level.

Well that is a good point too. Although, I don't know if Belichick and Pioli expected Brady to become what he has become because QBs like Brady come around once in a lifetime.

Also, we don't know what Rodgers will be. He could end up being a top QB in this league. Extremely doubtful he will ever get to Brady's level.

Yeah well, they spent a 1 on him, and they're getting ready to lose him. I believe his rookie deal is up next year and he's a FA.

Of course he's proving he's a team guy (something Brett never did,) and is waiting his turn with the Pack. But do you really think he appreciates this yoyo BS?

As is, he has 1 year (I believe, maybe 2) to prove his worth, assuming there's not another flip-flop. Around the second or third time Favrevrah cried about deciding about deciding to retire, I stopped giving a crap. I thought highly of him that one Monday night game after his dad died. Well guess what Brett, your wife didn't get more cancer, your dad didn't die again, stop crying every time I turn on my TV.

It was a magical moment just after his Dad's death - he's at his best those rare times when outpourings of emotion are in order. That's because he's always outpouring his emotions, and to hell with everybody around him.

He needs to go back to that high school and continue to display how much fun he has playing the game. He's hurting the Pack, he's screwing his incredibly loyal fans, and he's making a laughingstock of his vaunted legacy among more and more people.

Last edited:
From Sean Da Patriot

I know people will flame me, but to me right now there is no difference between Drew Bledsoe then and Brett Farve now..

That was my point about owning a 56 T-bird. You don't give it away. The Patriots traded Bledsoe to Buffalo for a number one pick (#14) then traded up one slot (throwing in a 6th round pick) and converted Bledsoe into Ty Warren.

ESPN and all ex players say give Farve his freedom. BS They owe it to their fans to get equal value. Sooner or later another teams #1 QB will go down. Then what will Farve be worth. (ie if Brady were to go IR would it be worth a #1 Pick to save this year)
The Pack own him and they paid for that right

After closely watching the Pats for so long, and then going back to read Education of a Coach, Patriot Reign, and The Blueprint, I think Pioli and Belichick were extremely confident that they were better off with Brady rather than Bledsoe - as evidenced by the fact Brady was selected over Bledsoe to start the Super Bowl against the Rams - though I agree that they most likely did not honestly expect Brady to become as superb a player as he has turned out to be.

Last edited:
Favre is a big baby. How can you blame the Packers for this mess? The Pack didn't show him enough love, boo hoo, so he retired. He decided to come back only when he had a (non-tampering) deal worked out with another team in the Pack's own division. He tries to force them every which way into trading him there and they won't do it, so he storms off in front of the adoring media and says they ain't treating him right.

They should trade his sorry butt to the worst team they can find. There must be someone out there that's willing to take on the headache of Lord Favre in exchange for the media coverage he'll bring.

I'm late getting into this discussion and haven't read the rest of it, but I just have to get my two cents in.

First off, people believe what they want to believe. This morning one of the local TV news shows was reading e-mails about this mess from viewers and one nimrod wrote in, "Brett Favre will be in the Hall of Fame, and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy should be in the Hall of Shame for forcing a legend out the door." Whatever.

Minutes later, I was watching "Mike & Mike" and they had a guy on from Fox Sports who said after he retired, the ol' hillbilly TWICE called the Packers and said he wanted to come back after all. The first time they had the press release ready to go and everything, and he pulled out at the last minute. The second time was right before the draft.

There is blame to go around. The Packers (IMHO) should have released Favre immediately, and if he went to Minnesota, so be it. The Pats traded their "franchise QB" to a division rival (though Bledsoe is no Favre) and didn't lose sleep over it.

But the vast majority of the blame for this mess goes to Favre for ****ing around all the time. Make up your damn mind and stick to your decision. All he is doing is making a fool of himself and it's no wonder teams aren't beating down the Packers' door. Ten years ago it would have been worth the baggage, but not in 2008.

Favre should be ashamed of himself. He has tarnished his legacy irreparably.

Finally, I will lose any remaining sympathy I have for Packer fans if they boo Aaron Rodgers when he is introduced opening night (and you can bet it will be on TV if they do.) What has he done wrong? Absolutely nothing. Well, maybe it would have been smarter to try to get traded to another team instead of putting up with all this BS.

This board is just as obsessed with with Brett Favre as ESPN is.

There's about 5 topics about him on the first page alone, speculating on false reports and updates from unreliable sources.

Honestly, I'll take a SpyGate discussion on here over a Favre one...at least it's relevant to our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down