Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Thursday Night Football: Jets @ Bills game discussion (NFL Network)

Discussion in 'Visiting Locker Room' started by Disco Volante, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle eye

eagle eye In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#85 Jersey

The experiment is about attendance not crowd noise. You are never gonna get big crowd noise when you don't have a home team.

2. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -26

Then Buffalo got screwed. They NEED all the home games they can get.

end it

3. patriots pam

patriots pam Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was hoping for a Bills win because it would have technically helped the Pats a little more, but as long as they win against the Fish Sunday, it's all moot. And because I am a nice person (HA!), I hope the D Sanchez will be okay and all after hurting himself on the slide :confused:...but I was glad to see Clemens in if for no other reason than I have this bizarre fascination* with the moles on the Sanchizes' face and am always so distracted by them...seriously, even with his helmet on, I know they are there, and I spend the whole time mentally playing connect the dots with that ****. I think he's pretty much got the constellation Cassiopeia going on there...or braille for "Pete Carroll was right", or something. Is it just me? Nevermind. Hee!

*Almost superseded by my bizarre fascination with Tony Romo's complete lack of an upper lip, but not quite

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  4. wilfork is beastin'

wilfork is beastin' On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's too bad about Sanchez. He looked like he was in a lot of pain during the press conference.

5. wilfork is beastin'

wilfork is beastin' On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Jets were lucky Buffalo's run defense is so bad

6. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +85 / 4 / -3

It doesn't work out badly for Buffalo fans, believe it or not. Toronto takes a preseason game out of Buffalo's hands as well, so season ticket holders don't get raped on that.

Then, December games in Buffalo are really cold and meaningless.

I don't think Buffalo fans are complaining about losing a preseason and December game.

If the team was any good, I am certain they would complain about the December game.

I bought two $19 tickets for the New England game. My seats normally go for $70 each. That tells you what you need to know about Buffalo games in December recently.

7. Mountain_Commando

Mountain_Commando Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

:rofl: fwiw, i've read more witty posts on this forum than all others put together. my post history is probably 80% rofl smileys. :D

8. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's a national crime for these games to be moved from Buffalo to Toronto. It totally benefits the visiting team. In this case the Jests. There would be much more outcry if the Jests were tied with the Pats for 1st place. The Pats have to play in the cold and windy conditions while the Jests didn't. Hopefully no big deal this season but it really could have an impact one of these years. The schedule makers have a HUGE impact on the season. That's a shame and needs to be ended. I am calling Senator Comcast right now!

9. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

How and where and are there any more?

10. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

Logically following the way things are going, this "home game" in Toronto will feature the Pats next year. No sadness on my part for that deal.

11. denverpatsfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would be fine with that. These dome games are getting old. Indy, New Orleans, kickers with records. All a fraud IMO. Football should be played outdoors.

12. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +85 / 4 / -3

Ticketexchange

13. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,093 / 90 / -82

Disable Jersey

Unfortunately, you're dealing with a league that doesn't even want to play the Super Bowl on a fair rotating basis, because it's more important to the financial bottom line that the pre-game festivities be held in warm weather than it is that the games are played without giving teams advantages right from the start.

14. denverpatsfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's a real shame. Jax was TERRIBLE. I need the Pats to make it to another SB so I can purge that awful place from my memory. At least they were victorious.

15. drew4008

drew4008 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I was at the game last night. The crowd was really pitiful. In my area, there were almost as many Jets "fans" as Bills "fans", and the number of apathetic fans was greater than both of those combined it seemed. It was just like... nobody really cared. Still a fun outing, but I really hope a team isn't moved to Toronto, as they'd have the worst home-field advantage in the league.

And a little story from the game... there were a bunch of Bills fans behind us, or at least self-proclaimed Bills fans, wearing jerseys and saying "Let's go Buffalo" and all that. And then some trivia thing came up on the big screen saying "How well do you know the Bills?" The question was... which Bill won MVP in 1991, with multiple choice answers of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed. So these two guys jumped up and started screaming "Jim Kelly, Jim Kelly!" The answer was of course Thurman Thomas, and they're like, and I quote... "aww yeah, well that makes sense, he was their other QB, they all won it back in the day." I couldn't help but laugh... what a dumbass. I truly hope that isn't indicative of the Bills fanbase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.