PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-This weeks ESPN power rankings a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
They have the Bears as #1!!:eek: I'm sorry but after last nights game, I can't believe that they have them as the NFLs best team!! They were manhandled for 3 qtrs, no offensive TDs, and won by the skin of their teeth (24 to 23)! They did not look like a number one team last night!! I think the Bears would get spanked by any other team in the top 7 rankings!

Jay

Isn`t that a weird statement as we the pats have always won by 1 or 2 for years.

So are you suggesting we placed at like 32 because of this.

Isn`t that a weird statement as we the pats have always won by 1 or 2 for years.

So are you suggesting we be placed at like the 32nd because of years of winng games not by a big margin or give a spanking to our opponents

why oh why do you care about power rankings? They mean NOTHING.

satz said:

So are you suggesting we placed at like 32 because of this.

No....what I am saying is that the Bears were not very good at all last night!! Their offense was kept in check by the Cards!! No Offensive TDs!! Their defense didn't wake up til the 4th qtr. The Cards missed 2 or 3 field goals!! Bears got exposed and they still got the top spot....i don't agree with ESPNs assessment of the rankings. If the game was balanced both offensively and defensively throughout the whole game, than I might have a different opinion, but from what i saw last night....no way!

Jay

satz said:

So are you suggesting we be placed at like the 32nd because of years of winng games not by a big margin or give a spanking to our opponents

I think there's a difference between winning by 1 or 2 points, and being completely dominated. That said, the Bears got the W, which is all that mattered.

I thought it had long been established that if the Patriots aren't numero uno in the power rankings then they are a joke.

desi-patsfan said:

Bingo! We got Bingo:D

Well, who else are they going to put at #1? Indy? Denver? Us? Nobody has looked spectacular every week, and since Chicago is still undefeated after the way they looked last night, they are as good as anybody I suppose. And yes, the rankings are a joke unless we are at #1! :)

Michigan Dave said:
I think there's a difference between winning by 1 or 2 points, and being completely dominated. That said, the Bears got the W, which is all that mattered.

That game was all-around one of the worst displays of football the NFL could offer. Embarassing for both teams. BUT...one of the hallmarks of a good team is to scratch out a win even on a day when they just don't show up. Looking around the league, 5-0 with four strong wins and one hideously ugly one is pretty solid.

Great teams find ways to win even when they're not playing well.

End. Of. Story.

Oh, and the Patriots are ranked exactly where they should be.

Sure, Chicago wasn't the best team in the league this past weekend. But power rankings aren't based 100% on just what happened the prior week. Beyond that, I agree with the other respondents.

The top 6 look right on to me.

desi-patsfan said:

Are you trying to tell me they don't actually Rank our Power?

Damn, I feel like a complete idiot.

dhamz said:
The top 6 look right on to me.

Me too and this is close to how I saw them last week. Denver and SD have rightfully been bumped up. I had thought both Philly and Seattle didn't deserve their high ranking and Philly's loss bore that out. I was hoping for the StL upset to lower Seattle just because I like being right but that'll have to wait another week. Actually, I just want Seattle to lose so our draft position gets better.

desi-patsfan said:

Style points, baby, style points. We have to impress the voters if we are to make it to Miami this year.

in the NFL any time you come back from a 20 point deficit on the road, that is a mark of a great team. You cant be at your best 16 weeks in a row and for the Bears to do what they did last night was very impressive, much like in 1996 when the Patriots came back from 21-0 at the Jets and 22-0 at the Giants. Right now, if i had to do a fair ranking, id make it
1. Bears
2. Colts
3. Denver
4. New England ( although when it counts NE will kill Indy)
5. New Orleans

and watch out for Carolina

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back