PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: "This is not Detroit man, this is the Super Bowl!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad... So true... He had a 7 yard pass to Berrian open on the sideline, and even he could have ran for 10 yards. So pathetic. I got a bunch of txts like "CONGRATS!" "We going to the Superbowl". I txted them back "We're the Vikings" and sure enough......

LOL at how he starts yelling. I feel bad cuz I feel their pain but couldn't help. Poor guys. It's even funnier how people try to downplay the pick and call it meaningless. Just a terrible terrible play/decision.

the worst thing that should have happened there for the viks was an incomplete pass. Favre could have ran it or thrown it away, but Favre does what he does.

LOL. Paul Allen is great. The Vikes are the closest team to where I live, so I get to hear him from time to time. He's always good for a couple lines.

LMAOOOO! Wow he was sooo pissed!

LIstening to both clips he sounds like he is a huge homer but there is no holding back emotions where it was needed to describe the situation. Well done by him, he deserves adulation for that call!

That's going to be used for a long, long, LONG time on sports shows across the country.

That balances out the sheer idiocy of the Tom Jackson analysis where he was ball washing Favre to the point of fellating him :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He did the same thing to the Jets last year. He killed both the Jets' chances, and the Patriots' chances with his idiot decisions.

the worst thing that should have happened there for the viks was an incomplete pass. Favre could have ran it or thrown it away, but Favre does what he does.

An incompete is the exact same result. Guys don't hit 57 yarders very often.

Longwell isn't just any guy. He's basically a 70% kicker at +50 in his career. Playing in a dome where he's hit from 54 (2008) in a tie game with 9 seconds to avoid OT...you kick anything inside of 60. Favre did what he always does in that situation, took the game entirely out of his teams hands. And he did it making the classic mistake that rookies get beat out of them or they don't last long. He's lasted because he's gotten away with it for so long due to overhyped limited success. That he can't not do it is his achilles heel. That in this instance he easily could have gained at least 4-5 yards (and his pathetic excuse for not choosing to is he didn't really know what that situation was or what they needed...) is the ultimate kicker. Like Lombardi said tonight, they work on this every week...

LIstening to both clips he sounds like he is a huge homer but there is no holding back emotions where it was needed to describe the situation. Well done by him, he deserves adulation for that call!

That's going to be used for a long, long, LONG time on sports shows across the country. :

I was thinking about the homer part and by and large...the majority of "homer" announcers i'd say come from football teams (more so in college) but you get a ton of them in the NFL too.

I think the reason is 1) you're hired by the team and when the game's on in the owner's box....they don't have the TV feed up....the owner (guy paying your checks!) is listening to you!!!!!!!!

2) Football's just such a short season compared to the other ones. In baseball, you'll know after 162 games (probably earlier) what kind of team you have. Hoops and hockey you can tell by your seed....plus....all series are 7 games. Ftball....16 games...1 and done. TONS of emotion....ton's of cinderella potentials as well. Just listen to Gil's calls from the 2001 post-season!

Is there a video of the play lol ?

As the local language geek I would have to say I highly support your omission of the letter "L" in the bolded word above.

Favre should have his own passing category, "Incompete," as in, an interception at the worst conceivable time that greatly diminishes the team's chances of competing.

You know what's cool? In the upcoming retire-a-thon, Vikings fans will gloss over this religiously, and pray and hope and beg for Favrevrah to come back for one more year... After all, they've so rarely been this close before... they outplayed the Saints... they're looking at years of Tavaris Jackson...

Just one more year Brett, for old times' sake? Two more shots at the Packers? Come on you can do it...

What's even cooler is I have Sydney Rice in a keeper league. And I just know at the end of the day, Brett will be out there, the day after training camp closes, announcing he's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back