Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Things that bug me/ us

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by 420jim, Dec 6, 2006.

1. 420jim

420jim Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I decided to post this thread just so I could vent my frustrations about little things that annoy me. I welcome any who need to let loose about stuff that ticks you off. Just something to pass the time between games. I know that many of you out there feel frustrated about something, especially this time of year. So let loose, lets hear it, what bugs you?

I turned on my computer today, and I got a message that there is an upgrade for MS IE, so not thinking about too carefully I downloaded the upgrade and low and behold that friggin’ upgrade changed the whole look of my computer. I finally got it to look the way I wanted and this happened. I stuck trying to get it so I can find the stuff I want easily and not have to hunt for it, this is the start of hour 2 and I decided to post this thread. I know this has nothing to do about football or the Pats, but it sure helps my sanity to get this off my chest.
  2. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +104 / 3 / -1

I hate the old man that lives in my apartment building. Well, not so much him, he's alright, but he has the sickest eye you've ever seen. Holy christ its nauseating. He needs to wear Ray-Bans or something, because people shouldn't have to look at it. It's all I can do to resist the urge to put it out.
  3. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Coincidentally, there is a thread going on over on the Planet about Reche Caldwell's eyes.

Things that bug me? Right now, my wife. :horn:
  4. 420jim

420jim Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Christmas lights. I was getting letters from the home owners association all summer about not taking down my christmas lights, but who's laughing now :singing:
  5. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +104 / 3 / -1

You don't understand man. It's evil. It's pale blue with a dead filmy sheen. Just the thought of it drives me insane.
  6. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sounds like it may be a false eye? So don't look at him.

OK, here's one, more unusual than bugging. The UCLA QB, Patrick Cowan, that had so much to do with upsetting USC, had really bad zits. Unusual for an athlete, I thought.

Edit, I have a feeling that this topic doesn't sit well with the "powers that be" here. No Patriots content.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  7. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Josh Mcdaniels playcalling,he isn't using the players to the potential they have.

The fact that people in new mexico don't do thing intelligently,if your going to do things without putting some sort of thought into it,stay inside your damned home.

Rookie posters who start silly threads.....
  8. IndyKen

IndyKen Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

9. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Breathing.
  10. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +722 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

OT threads that have no business in the Patriots forum and should be moved to the General Topics forum.
  11. 420jim

420jim Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know, but I was just aggravated at the update that I just had to vent, and since my wife is working today I used this board.

Patriots...

Fumbles, I sick of seeing good plays getting turned around by fumbles. I sick of teams staying in the game because the Patriots can't seem to keep possesion of the ball. Hell, if it wasn't for that last INT. which bounced out of the hands of the Patriots reciever, the Pats could have put the Colts into OT.

I sick of watching all our good players walking off the field and not returning because of injuries. I the Pats still had Harrison and Seau on the field I wouldn't be as nervous about the upcomming game in Miami.

Well, thats some Patriot content, matbe the powes that be will let this thread slide a little bit
  12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

The fact that fans of every team always blame the Offensive Coordinator.

Oh, that amd Social Security :mad:
  13. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

Exactly how Jethro Tull, Yes, Rush, Moody Blues, Genesis, Doobie Brothers ,Dire Straits, Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, The Cars, Steve Miller and John Mellencamp aren't in and are not nominated for the 2007 awards. What a joke the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame "is. This is the list of Inductees. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductees_of_the_Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame
  14. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 4 / -0

I like this thread idea although it should probably be in the general forum, right?

I hear your computer pain. As someone who works with video/computers all day, I am constantly reminded how often computers fail to act as they should or what is logical.
  15. MrClutch

MrClutch Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anything associated with horses.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  16. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Ouch... :(
  17. Patriotic

Patriotic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

When Patsfans had its technical problems a few weeks back. :mad:
    Thanks, Ian, for getting things right. :)

People who use their cellphone to call people for no particular reason with the only accomplishment being to annoy folks standing near the cell phone caller that hear the blabering nonsense. :bricks:
  18. 420jim

420jim Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ya, well I never really explored the whole site, I just went to the Patriots forum and never thought that there might be more forums. So I guess I'm guilty of being lazy.
  19. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That's hilarious. I love it.
  20. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +540 / 20 / -14

There is a program called GoBack that you can install on your computer, and it allows you to resotre your harddrive back to any specific point in time. For instance you could have gone back to before you downloaded that, and your computer would be as it was before you did it.
    Its main purpose it recover from viruses, etc, but it also works well for when you screw up a setting, or do something like you did.
    I bought it 3-4 years ago, so I dont remember what it cost, but it wasnt too expensive. The problem was that it was sold to me as if it could 'go back' to before the problem I had on my computer, but of course it cant go back prior to when you install it.

I'd recommend it to everyone.